Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

Niger State Governor Goodwill Speech During Mrs Aisha Buhari Visit To Minna - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Niger State Governor Goodwill Speech During Mrs Aisha Buhari Visit To Minna (577 Views)

Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil / ‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna, Niger State (Photo) / Man Slumps During Aisha Buhari's Recent Visit In Minna, Niger State. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Niger State Governor Goodwill Speech During Mrs Aisha Buhari Visit To Minna by nsbireda: 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
GOODWILL MESSAGE BY
ALHAJI (DR) ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO, THE GOVERNOR OF NIGER STATE AT RAISE FOUNDATION'S FUND RAISING LAUNCH & UNVEILING OF THE CANCER SCREENING CENTRE IN MINNA, ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD , 2016.

Protocol

2. I warmly welcome Her Excellency Mrs. Aisha Muhammadu Buhari, mother of the nation and wife of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to Minna the Niger State capital. Indeed we are glad to have you here join us for this fund raising, launch and unveiling of the cancer screening center.
3. Your Excellency, wife of the president, invited guests permit me to state that I cannot shower enough praises on our women who are our strong supporters both at the home front and in our political endeavors. It is on record the role you and other women played in the build up to the 2015 presidential election, and your positive contributions to the lives of the downtrodden through your pet project “get involved’’.
4. Similarly, my wife and Founder of RAiSE Foundation, Dr. Amina Abubakar Sani Bello has been a source of great inspiration and support. I appreciate her for the tremendous achievements the RAiSE Foundation has recorded especially in complementing our comprehensive healthcare delivery services in the state. I am particularly pleased that she offered her professional experience free to our clinical services in the state.
5. I have always been passionate concerning the health of our people, perhaps, because my wife is a medical doctor or maybe not. Notwithstanding, we are very particular on the need for the healthcare system to deliver quality services to our people which is one of the cardinal priority areas of this administration. It is therefore heart-warming to note that RAiSE Foundation has been very supportive in the demand driven aspect of Women welfare generally; from surgical repairs for women with VVf to mobilizing support for awareness campaign in fighting the scourge of cancer. The Foundation has been instrumental in expanding the access women have to resources, empowering them to participate fully in economic life across all sectors.
6. Distinguished guests, what we are doing here today, the fund raising, launch and unveiling of this cancer screening center is a testimony to all I have been saying. It is true that cancer still remains a global menace, for us in Africa; our women suffer most from cancer related complications. According to World Health Organization breast cancer accounts for over 1million cases annually second to lung cancer while cervical cancer contributes to approximately 470, 000 cases which mostly affects women.
7. It is my hope that the launch of this Cancer Screening Centre here in Minna today would provide the needed respite for the people as to early detection and management. Our government will continue to support and partner with foreign and local NGOs as well as Medical Service Providers and other stakeholders for the delivery of qualitative healthcare services to our people, this we will continue to do in our collective efforts to transform the state using our shared vision with unlimited opportunities.
8. Finally Her Excellency, on behalf of the government and people of Niger State, I once again thank you for joining hands with us to fight cancer in our society. I therefore call on relevant agencies of government and Nigerlites, especially women, to spread the awareness that with early detection, cancer is manageable. I say a big congratulation to the founder of RAiSE Foundation and all those who have contributed in one way or the other to the success of this project.
Thank you all and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

What Annoys You About Doctors? / How To Lose Weight After Pregnancy / remove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.