Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,345 members, 7,943,857 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why The Toyota Camry Is For Senior Citizens? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why The Toyota Camry Is For Senior Citizens? (1035 Views)

See How The Toyota Supra Has Evolved Since 1978 (photos) / Ever Heard Of The Toyota RAV4 Electric? / The Toyota Land Cruiser That Is Faster Than A Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Toyota Camry Is For Senior Citizens? by MotoringNigeria: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2016
I woke up one morning, after having one of those nights when you have an online assignment and you keep waking up in between sleeps to see if “NEPA” has brought the light so you can charge; well, they lived up to their name. Anyways, I prepared for class, spent an hour admiring my new 50M G series waterproof sport watch (don’t confuse the 50M with 50million, I wouldn’t want to get kidnapped after this article is published). Yes, I love cars but I love my time pieces too…whether my divided love is considered as cheating or not in the automotive world is a discuss for another day, I digress… Then I set out for the day.

While carrying out my early morning trekking ritual to school, I unconsciously made a rather interesting discovery; I observed that the cars partaking in the morning rush hour race had more of the 2003-06 Toyota Camrys, Lexus ES300/330, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, the all but scarce 2003-06 Corolla and other cars that love to liter the road like someone dumped a waste at Eagle's Square and forgot to clean up the mess.

The 2003-06 Toyota Camry, popularly called “ Big Daddy” or worse “Big for Nothing” got my attention, not because she got a big fine behind that could contain a fully grown family of African elephants but the age group of the majority of the people I saw behind the wheel whom I estimate to be 45 years and above.

This raised some questions in my mind, why do the "senior citizens" love the big daddy in this area of the world? Is it because of its big nickname? Does the name give an impression that it's meant for the old or the aesthetics just appeals naturally to them? Is it because of its capacity to contain more occupants and goods? Or its just one of those love storieswritten from heaven? Who even named it big daddy to start with!!!

What do you think? Share with us in the comment section below.

http://www.motoringnigeria.com/2016/06/why-toyota-camry-is-for-senior-citizens.html

1 Like

Re: Why The Toyota Camry Is For Senior Citizens? by nextprince: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2016
Guy I so much like the car because of its ac, very chilling even under a scorching sun. That is what I drive and if at 33 u are considered as old, then I'm an old man.
Re: Why The Toyota Camry Is For Senior Citizens? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
The Camry 03-06 car is for mature minds. that is the way i see it. I have always loved it because of its shape and interior space.

Actually acquired a XLE 3.0l V6 model (Toyota navigation edition) this year. I must say it is a beast on the road.

Only that the fuel at 145/L has not been friendly to the pocket. Bought the car just a month before the increase in fuel price. embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Back My 4 Years Old Moniker / 2017 Borgward Isabella Comes Back After 55 Years As An Iconic Concept Car-photos / Yamaha Future Garage : Futuristic Yamaha Vehicles For 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.