Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,773 members, 7,938,337 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job (1644 Views)

Bf Proposed To Me Yesterday And Lost His Job Today... Pls Help Me/us / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Saw this Sad Story of a kind posted by a twitter user (@puremind__) about a friend who lost his job today and i felt we could all learn a thing or two about this incident.

This just happened to a friend. He works with a Financial institution on Lagos Island. He was said to have posted "Bleep, I hate my Job"

He posted this via his Twitter account on Last week Tuesday and few people Retweeted it only for his Employer's handle to find this tweet

And bam, his appointment was terminated in the early hours of today. With the company stating that they no longer want his services since he
hates his job.

This is real and I feel so sad for the Guy. Lets be careful guys, there are no jobs anywhere. You got one? Hold it tight

Even if you don't love your job. As long as that's still what allows you to make ends meet. Keep your grievances to yourself or resign

Who would have ever thought something as small as "Bleep I hate my job" could get anyone fired? Terrible

Economy is hitting hard on everyone & its really making people make rash decisions. Companys just look for the tiniest excuse to fire u now.

Note:- These days, you should keep your social media activities in check or make sure it's nowhere getting figured out in your workplace

And sometimes some of these HR's durin recruitment go through tweets & Facebook profiles of applicants to get to know who you're. So whether you have a job or not you should be mindful of things you say,comments,pictures you upload, nicknames or handles you give we ourselves and the likes severally.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by Ozavize88(f): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ok
Re: See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by mymadam(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
danieloy4:
...Note:- These days, you should keep your social media activities in check or make sure it's nowhere getting figured out in your workplace

And sometimes some of these HR's durin recruitment go through tweets & Facebook profiles of applicants to get to know who you're. So we should be mindful of things we say,comments,pictures we upload, nicknames or handles we give ourselves and the likes severally.

It is safer to assume that the HR dept peeps almost ALWAYS go through applicants' social media posts. I can confirm that at least 5 companies I know in New Zealand do this. A certain Nigerian was disqualified because of her Facebook posts. She refused to accept that the HR people do 'scan' applicants' social media pages for 'hints'. Unfortunately, most of our Nigerian so-called leaders of tomorrow are in the same boat with her. They appear to be 'forming big boys & girls'. You've directly made your point, 'he/she who has ears let him/her hear'.
Re: See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by Ishilove: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Re: See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
White collar job is really modern day slavery if I can't separate my social life from my work life.
Re: See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by amicable09(f): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2016
If the guy was given a chance to defend himself and the reason for that tweet and he couldn't defend himself well, he made a huge mistake. 'I hate my job' can mean so many things except he was really tired of the job. Then that's fine.

I am not an advocate of 'hold it tight' because of the economy. If you want out, leave!

1 Like

Re: See What A Guy Posted On Social Media That Made Him Lose His Job by Gbengageorge: 8:43am On Sep 06, 2016
Tell him to hook me up, MMM is a sure bet for him. I will train him and he will make 30 % of him investment monthly. my own benefit is referring him. Youbcan also contact me on Watsap. 08067527794

(1) (Reply)

Very Urgent.;........................vacancy / Please Help I Got This Mail Today / UPI-BENIN REPUBLIC Recruiting For Academic And Non-academic Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.