Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:51 AM

Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. (15189 Views)

Ramadan: Muslims Trying To Sight The Moon Today In Kaduna (Photos) / Short Note From Mufti Menk On The Causes Of Stress / Sheik Ismail Mufti Menk In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:

i know this, hence my earlier statement "its something i could do"

thanks anyway, hope you are now fine? no more sick?

Yeah.

Feeling much better alhamdulliah.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
snapscore:

Yeah.

Alhamdulillaah, happy to know that.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
snapscore:

Yeah.

E kaaso ma

@lexiconkabir bawo ni sir
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
FriendChoice:

E kaaso ma

@lexiconk.abir bawo ni sir

mo n kanra lowo bayi......I'm touchy.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:

mo n kanra lowo bayi......I'm touchy.

Kilode. Who touch you. Make I also touch him. angry

1 Like

Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

E kaaso ma

Did you use google translate? E karo (because it's morning now).

Sorry for derailing your thread.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Kilode. Who touch you. Make I also touch him. angry

lol, as in ehn.....i get irritated quickly just of recent, it's all stress tho.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 11, 2016
snapscore:

Did you use google translate? E karo (because it's morning now).

Sorry for derailing your thread.

Shidadani

No. I know those words. The time I greet u is evening that is Ekaso.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Pele na God win
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Shidadani

No. I know those words. The time I greet u is evening that is Ekaso.

A dupe ( I am grateful).

Ekaso means good afternoon

Eku role means good evening
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2016
snapscore:

A dupe ( I am grateful).

Means thank you

Ekaso means good afternoon

Okay

Eku role means good evening

Knowing this 4 the first time.

2 Likes

Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Oya go sleep rest. Today and tomorrow no school.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Oya go sleep rest. Today and tomorrow no school.

well I'm going to school tomorrow too.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

well I'm going to school tomorrow too.

FG done declare public holiday oh. Maybe u have something to complete or read I gues.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

FG done declare public holiday oh. May u have something to complete or read I gues.

yep.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:
To clear issues yah ikhwan, salafs say when a man's aqeedah, manhaj are unknown, we should not listen/pick anything from him/her. And if it is known, and it is good, you can listen to him, but if it is bad, leave it ie Ali_Jabata. What is the Aqeedah and manhaj of MENK?

you were Right about menk.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2016
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2016
Not sure I understand. He made a mistake with the statement but that's about it
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:
Not sure I understand.

this is full....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nZBL-jaS0
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:
Not sure I understand. He made a mistake with the statement but that's about it

what statement do you think I'm referring to?
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

what statement do you think I'm referring to?

I was surprised about 'it's an issue of intolorance'

I think you are talking about take the good and leave the bad. Abu Mussab made a lecture about it without linking it to Mufti Menk. He called it a mistake and that's what I think it is.

Modified
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khayran for the link.
I have learnt a few things and I have done some research. The least I can say is that I am unsure of his aqeedah and as the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said: “Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt, for truth leads to reassurance and lies lead to uncertainty.” Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him).
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2016
I think I get it now. He underestimated the importance of speaking about sects which then understimates the issue of aqeedah. The basis of faith is aqeedah.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

I was surprised about 'it's an issue of intolorance'

I think you are talking about take the good and leave the bad. Abu Mussab made a lecture about it without linking it to Mufti Menk. He called it a mistake and that's what I think it is.

this is not what I'm talking about, if you remember, i once made an excuse for hin on the issue of "taking good and leaving the evil"...

but right now, i listened to the full thing carefully and noticed he absolved himself from the salafs, what do you say to that?
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

you were Right about menk.
Alhamdulillah.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

this is not what I'm talking about, if you remember, i once made an excuse for hin on the issue of "taking good and leaving the evil"...

but right now, i listened to the full thing carefully and noticed he absolved himself from the salafs, what do you say to that?

Modified my previous post

I am not sure how he absolved himself from the salafs?

@ brother Rabiushile04... you are welcomed to explain
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Could you provide proof to that?
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

Modified my previous post

I am not sure how he absolved himself from the salafs?

"some say I'm a barelvi, some say I'm a wahhabi, some say I'm a SALAFI" "all these names(including salafi) for me i know what i am, i am a Muslim"

now here comes the question, sufi call themselves muslims, shia call themselves Muslims, tabligees the same, ahmadiyyah and so on, how do you differentiate between your methodology and the others? this same "I'm a muslim" statement, shaykh Al-Albaani says, someone of knowledge won't make such a statement, but if he is not a person of knowledge then he can say such.

he has people following him, if they get to hear this from him, what do you think will happen?

A true Ahlul sunnah NEVER HIDES HIS/HER IDENTITY.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Could you provide proof to that?

apart from the videos provided?
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

apart from the videos provided?

Oh I have not see them before.

I have listen to him. But I still believe Mufti is a follower of the Prophet Authentic Sunnah. I never seen a video he teaches otherwise. Calling himself name does not count.
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Oh I have not see them before.

I have listen to him. But I still believe Mufti is a follower of the Prophet Authentic Sunnah. I never seen a video he teaches otherwise. Calling himself name does not count.

@ lexiconkabir I agree with this. Perhaps he could have answered the question better. Perhaps he made a mistake. Plus,being a Muslim requires that a person believes in Allah and follow his messenger (peace and blessing be upon him).

The main problem I had with the video was that he mentioned that we shouldn't speak about sects. Speaking about sects is very important because, like you mentioned, it's what differentiates al sunnah from the rest.

1 Like

Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by AbuHammaad: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2016
Mufti Menk is not salafee and I don't think he has ever proclaimed to be one. We should be worried about that
Re: Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. by AbuHammaad: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

"some say I'm a barelvi, some say I'm a wahhabi, some say I'm a SALAFI" "all these names(including salafi) for me i know what i am, i am a Muslim"

now here comes the question, sufi call themselves muslims, shia call themselves Muslims, tabligees the same, ahmadiyyah and so on, how do you differentiate between your methodology and the others? this same "I'm a muslim" statement, shaykh Al-Albaani says, someone of knowledge won't make such a statement, but if he is not a person of knowledge then he can say such.

he has people following him, if they get to hear this from him, what do you think will happen?

A true Ahlul sunnah NEVER HIDES HIS/HER IDENTITY.

Truer words have never been said!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruling On Wealth Acquired From Lotteries / Ruling On Taking Salaries Without Working / I Think I'm Being Controlled By Unknown Spirit- I Need Islamic Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.