Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,610 members, 7,905,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:13 AM

Godaddy.com Issue. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Godaddy.com Issue. (5232 Views)

Please I Need Consumer Reviews On Www.godaddy.com / Godaddy .com Domain Name Coupon @ $1.17 / Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godaddy.com Issue. by damola1: 5:02am On Oct 06, 2009
We have a hosting package with godaddy. But all emails sent out always bounces back. I am not sure whether it's because of our Nigerian IP. Please advise.

We have had hosting plans with them for over 3 years now.
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by Cactus(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2009
Stop using godaddy.

NOt the best service you will get. and the additional fees you have to pay to get more functionality is ridiculous.
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by yawatide(f): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2009
yeah, though I can't speak to the email (it might be related though) what turns me off anytime a client says they have godaddy is that the client thinks they have everything to make their site work only to find out that they have to pay an additional $1.99 to get one thing and another $1.99 to get another.

Typical example of reeling in the customer with "cheap" offers.
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by abhosts(m): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2009
Whenever any email bounces, the reason is always given within the bounced content. What does it say?
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by hostmot(f): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2009
Have you contacted their support?

It might not be due to your IP but for some other reasons.
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2009
they cant handle hosting properly so why do u think they will do emails right?
i purchased goddaddy's hosting only to google minutes later for the phrase "godaddy server slow" when i couldnt cope.
i got so much result that i had to request for a refund, they refunded me the next day.

i dont know if their server has improved now sha!
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
webdezzi:

they cant handle hosting properly so why do u think they will do emails right?
i purchased goddaddy's hosting only to google minutes later for the phrase "godaddy server slow" when i couldnt cope.
i got so much result that i had to request for a refund, they refunded me the next day.

i dont know if their server has improved now sha!

Godaddy.com is wack in hosting, they should just stick with their domains(they are the best in that department)
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by inf8nity(m): 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2009
Godaddy = cheap attractive domains + terrible hosting grin

Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by yawatide(f): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
infinity:

good one smiley

hopefully they have someone looking at this forum and will look into it. Many customers these days are turning to youtube and posting videos of their complaints. It's amazing how the internet works!
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by yawatide(f): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
Another bad host, IMHO: 1and1:

1) I tried to install joomla in the root but couldn't - both joomla and 1and1 have a "logs" folder and guess what? thatz right, 1and1s is permissions-protected and can't be overwritten. I hear you say, "well, just create a subfolder and do a server redirect to the root. And I did that, but:

2) Many extensions won't work properly (I know this cos I have installed the same extensions on another host and they work flawlessly) on 1and1. As a result, I have been getting annoying calls from my client to fix things here and there and many atimes I have had to delve into the database to fix things. Considering I have already been paid, I am now losing money.

Ok, soapbox time is over cool
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by damola1: 9:58am On Oct 15, 2009
echnical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected (state 14).

Which hosting platform would you guys suggest we use then?
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by yawatide(f): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2009
I have been using hostmonster since 2005 and am yet to get a *single* complaint for them or from them.
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by dayotee2(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2009
I do not use Godaddy, before I started using the host company I use now, which is relatively as cheap as what godaddy offers I had to ready several online hosting company reviews and customer reviews. I will advice damola1 (poster) to take the pain of reading reviews of this site and customer experience, there are a lot of website that have this information online and after reading I can assure you, you will not go to Godaddy or 1and1 even if its free.

They do not honor there terms and condition, and any business that doesn't do that is a fraud ,

Hostmonster I understand is good and for them to get yawa's approval then they must be very good only that they dont offer windows hosting but I understand they are good sha, a friend uses them and hasn't ever complain to be about there service or anything before.

Godaddy Ko, GoMummy Ni ,  hiss,  lol
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by damola1: 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
thank you.
Re: Godaddy.com Issue. by damola1: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
Any comments abt Hostgator.com ?

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Aren't Getting Enough Clicks On Your Adsense Ads - Mediapace / Hand Coding And Dreamweaving. / 5 Ways To Drive Traffic To Your New Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.