Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition (16793 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / Male Fan Kneels Down For Oshoala After They Defeated Cameroon (Photo) / Wellington Jighere, The Nigerian World Scrabble Champion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Nigeria loosing it every where
We have lost everything, well not everything
Gala is still #50 bucks grin
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by solidifi: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
You may not know or believe it but start counting, Nigeria is losing all her glory, achievements
and good records since buhari became president.

This buhari is not a good omen at all. He is just hunger for power but has nothing upstairs.

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by NATHSUN(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Once a Legend is always a legend, ure too GBASKY

.. .

I

blam

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by kayStelly(f): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by josephmbonu: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
Passing by..
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by creamylicious(f): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
i need a personal loan ooooo...... 50k to be paid in four months...i do not have a salary bank statement account but we can work out modalities ... please help me ooooo
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by weyabcom: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
ItsawrapOutfit:
At least, we were once Number 1 unlike Kenya and Ghana grin
u don start abi, hope u get twittet acct? cheesy
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Jacko1(m): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
As u dey play scrabble who e help
Is it an olympic event
Will it make bastard buhari not to increase fuel
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
It is not a total loss.

Nigeria won the World Scrabble Championship at the same competition.

Mr. Jack Mpakaboari clinched the Section B category by beating Sandy of the USA 3 nil at the same MSI competition.

Mr. Kekeregor placed 11 in the Masters category which was Nigeria's best standing .

Paul ETA was 47th.

UK's Brett Smitheran was the prestigious MSI WORLDS SCRABBLE CHAMPIONSHIP beating Mark Nyman , a past World Champion, 3 nil in the epic final.

His word BRACONID gave bum the championship.

GYNAECIA, PERIAGUA, ZORINOS are other lovelies Brett played En route this famous victory .

It was a pity Nigeria was not fully represented in this year's WSC.
We have what it takes to win again.

Anyway, Kenya is up next year and I see us winning big-time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Litmus: 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Better luck next time.

...o, and next time, my advice to the team is open your eyes. Since you guys have won once, and such a big deal has been made about it, Oyibos will find all sorts of means of ensuring you don't win again. So when next you go to these venues, be paranoid, make sure you look out for hidden, whatever means are known to facilitate the unfair winning of scrabble games. Don't forget under the table, the ceiling etc wining is is serious business especially wherever there is a whiff of racial or ethnic superiority at stake grin
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by bartho77(m): 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pls, how can I join the scrabble foundation? I'm really good at this game.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
bartho77:
Pls, how can I join the scrabble foundation? I'm really good at this game.

let`s talk.
I might make you see that you are not half as good as you think

2 Likes

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
Litmus:
Better luck next time.

...o, and next time, my advice to the team is open your eyes. Since you guys have won once, and such a big deal has been made about it, Oyibos will find all sorts of means of ensuring you don't win again. So when next you go to these venues, be paranoid, make sure you look out for hidden, whatever means are known to facilitate the unfair winning of scrabble games. Don't forget under the table, the ceiling etc wining is is serious business especially wherever there is a whiff of racial or ethnic superiority at stake grin

Thanks but no thanks.

We are gentlemen.
We are Scrabble Players

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by sagaciousblog: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
hemartins:
[size=15pt]only smart people play scrabble[/size]
yeah but the smartest play CHESS grin

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by iwatchandlisten(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
That is the spirit; better luck next time. But from No. 1 to No 23rd? the slide is just much my brother. Why did you not prepare better na... knowing you're repping your beloved country? May God help you do better at the next opportunity.

Well, this is one of the reasons we must continue to appreciate the Dream Team and Samson Siasia for their bronze feat at the Rio2016, despite the challenges they faced and arrival few hours to their opener against Japan.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by BahdXitixenn: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari u see wat u have caused?
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
sagaciousblog:
yeah but the smartest play CHESS grin

There is a healthy argument swirling the Net about the validity of the claim or not.
Who thumps who?
Your guess is a healthy as mine
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Electronzeez(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
hemartins:

The smartest people play chess by your definition.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Pchizy: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
Kudos, you've done great.

Can't wait for the world toughest brain game coming 11th Nov to 31st Nov 2016 at New York.
World number one, Magnus Carlsen (World International Chess Championship Grand Master) will chisel it out

I play Scrabble but Chess is far far far tougher, strategic and complicated. Unless you've played Chess, you won't understand.

E.g You have diff words to think of before starting off a Scrabble. It's true that this determines your score.
But in Chess, you have 20 diff brain strategized moves to make for a start, which if wrongly handled, you'll be gone

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Pchizy: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
Magnus Carlsen was asked, in 2012, wat he learnt from one of his mentor, Garry Kasparov (GM), he said, "COMPLEX POSITIONS"

These complex position keeps business moving, keeps leadership, American Soldiers don't joke wt that.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by adeadeyera(m): 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
repogirl:
How can I join the foundation? I play some kick ass scrabble too o! cheesy
Look out for a Scrabble club to join. Almost all states have at least one. There are a couple in and around Lagos. Ogun and Delta states have a few too, as well as the FCT. But largely depending on your location.
Call 07034201616 for assistance.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Rekyz(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
Is Buhari trying to break Luis Van Gaal's record? Him just d break records front and back. Negative records, so dnt get it twisted.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by repogirl(f): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
adeadeyera:

Look out for a Scrabble club to join. Almost all states have at least one. There are a couple in and around Lagos. Ogun and Delta states have a few too, as well as the FCT. But largely depending on your location.
Cheers!
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by bartho77(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
SCRABBLEBOARD:

let`s talk.
I might make you see that you are not half as good as you think

"not half as good ", you make me laugh. How can we talk?
Btw, Pls add me to the scrabble WhatsApp group.
My no: 07063057787.
Thanks
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
bartho77:

"not half as good ", you make me laugh. How can we talk?
Btw, Pls add me to the scrabble WhatsApp group.
My no: 07063057787.
Thanks
I just did.
Welcome to class.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
adeadeyera:

Cheers!
Exceeding
Thanks.
Pity you won't be in Badagry.
We are set to light up Badagry with Scrabble this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by atirolu(m): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
We are loosing many tings in nigeria of today

Maybe it's GEJ that looted our first position too
We need to ask buhari lai and the so call sport minister
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by iamclime(m): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
SCRABBLEBOARD:

Exceeding
Thanks.
Pity you won't be in Badagry.
We are set to light up Badagry with Scrabble this weekend.
Where in BADAGRY? Any established group there? Scrabble, the game I love! Please add me to the Scrabble group. Check my signature
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by SCRABBLEBOARD: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
iamclime:

Where in BADAGRY? Any established group there? Scrabble, the game I love! Please add me to the Scrabble group. Check my signature

We will be in AR Rakhab .
I'm will add you up if I have your digits.
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by Spidermon: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
hemartins:

Stupid people also own scrabble boards too
Re: Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition by ileogbenfidel(m): 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Everything in Nigeria losing its position

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Beats Rwanda, Reaches 4th Straight Afrobasket Women's Final / Iheanacho: I Used To Idolize Rooney / Muhammad Ali to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.