Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,693 members, 7,965,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:23 PM

Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik (14683 Views)

Men Take Selfie After Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 2 Passengers. Photos / "Motor Accident Is Bae", Man Takes Selfie After Surviving An Accident (photo) / Man Celebrates 4 Years Of Surviving 2013 Benin-Ore Road Fire Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by samir101ng(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
Is it not the same airline owners that Jimoh Ibrahim was among that diverted over N35 Billion power & airline intervention fund from the CBN to his pocket. Of course 60% of FX should go to manufacturer's that are actually in production and moving the economy. So, he wants FX allocations to be diverted from those sectors to the airlines because they are more important abi ?! When people like the Ibru family are mismanaging their companies(AERO) and toying with the future of staff, what did they expect to happen ?! For me personally, airline travel is a luxury. It's far below the scale of things that need urgent fixing in the economy. Aircraft parts and other accessories are duty free for import. The CBN N300 Billion power & airline intervention fund is still accessible to them. What more do they want?! Abi, they want to be spoon fed like everyone else. Most Nigerian airlines have weak business fundamentals and that's why they easily get into trouble. At worst, they can ground their planes and people will enter "young shall grow" or "God bless ezenwata" luxurious buses for their needs.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
hahn:
If all airlines shut down, the elite will have to take a bus and travel by road. Nice development grin
So it's only elites that travel by air? Do you have any idea of the implications of all airlines shutting down!!!

See childish reasoning.

Nairaland has been overrun by kids...

1 Like

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by idupaul: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
obailala:
An airline has 2 planes and both were diagnosed with mechanical problems and were undergoing repairs, so what plane did you expect the airline to be operating?

I think this thread throws clarity to why I said First nation couldn't have halted operations totally because scheduled maintenance. And for you info most of those planes are leased and the leasing company is mandated to provided a replacement once an unserviceable maintenance fault occur outside a routine check cycle.
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ijaya123:

More reason why the CBN governor should have been fired. The man is simply confused.
As the CBN Governor, you a directly responsible to the president, so any policy you desire to make will be briefed to the president himself. for instance, the suspension of those nine banks from forex transactions was briefed to the president, so the president allowing such be implemented shows he is also irrational.
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by aloziedaya(m): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
I DON'T BLAME BUHARI AT ALL RATHER, I BLAME NIGERIANS.
UPON THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA, WE ARE STILL TRIBALISTIC.

WHEN ELECTIONS COME, INSTEAD OF VOTING NATIONAL INTEREST, NIGERIANS WILL PREFER TO VOTE TRIBE AND RELIGION.

WE ARE REAPING THE DIVIDENDS OF OUR VOTE, PLEASE ENOUGH OF THESE BUHARI THIS, BUHARI THAT.

MAYBE BY 2019, YOU VOTE WISELY BASED ON NATIONAL INTETEST.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by Lyoncrescent: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
Flag carrier -Yes. National Carrier-No. The issues he raised are however valid.
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by NoreenUG(f): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
hahn:
If all airlines shut down, the elite will have to take a bus and travel by road. Nice development grin

The elites own private jets. Did you miss that part?

1 Like

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by creamylicious(f): 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
i need a personal loan ooooo...... 50k to be paid in four months...i do not have a salary bank statement account but we can work out modalities ... please help me ooooo
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by Jacko1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari buhari

Which kain pharaoh hausa and afonja give person abeg
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by onatisi(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
It is a miracle airlines are still operating in Nigeria ,more foreign airlines will still leave Nigeria before the year runs out. The only option left is for buhari to encourage local airlines, by giving them tax reliefs and providing the fuel .
In fact wettin I dey write sef

1 Like

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by shaibu123: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
With all due respect Sir,Have you ever heard of Ryanair,easyJet or Aer lingus.Just to name few,you can travel from London to dublin for 20 euro return ticket with ryanair and 25 euro return with easyJet from basel to London.So please stop that your national service crap talk.Arik air is the worst airline in every aspect of service.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by jerryfisher(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
kingofthejungle:
hit like if you think buhari is a he-goat
is dis wat u mean

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2016
creamylicious:
i need a personal loan ooooo...... 50k to be paid in four months...i do not have a salary bank statement account but we can work out modalities ... please help me ooooo
Are u ready to present punny for 4months for d loan,since u don't have statement account?

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by OlujobaSamuel: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
oga sir, there is vat on transport, stop that lie abeg. i also know you are not running on loss, its either you are making excess profit before by extorting us or you are lying. pa bubu, you too fix this hellconomy

1 Like

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
you aree right. But i often wonder whether he is doing those things or he is beign commanded to do them. I find it hard to believe that an experinced banker and economist will be doing what Emefiele and kemi are doing. They shlud know better than you and me that economic forces do not have any time for draconian laws of dictators.

All the same, in saner climes, in more civilised societies, if your boss forces you to do things you dont belive in, you just resign. simple. So perhaps, thats what you should say,. Emefiele and Kemi should resign. But then, so also should Buhari. Buhari should also resign.

Ijaya123:

More reason why the CBN governor should have been fired. The man is simply confused.
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
So it's only elites that travel by air? Do you have any idea of the implications of all airlines shutting down!!!

See childish reasoning.

Nairaland has been overrun by kids...

Sarcasm bro undecided
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by stsinner: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
Decibel:
Arik should close shop .The airline has a poor customer service cheesy
Thank God for AirPeace smiley
are they that good? I like firstnation airline sha
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pavore9:
“We have to source our forex, and spare parts, all of us, all the commercial airlines. It’s really tough, and our fares re the lowest in the world".....If l hear lowest in the world, when in Kenya one can get a domestic flight of 50mins for $30 and a 1 hour flight for $40! shocked

Yeah.

Take France for instance, EASYJET can fly you to Paris from Toulouse, A journey about 10 minutes longer than Lagos to Abuja for about 20 Euros when it opens and a few days to the flight will get up to 45 euros. However, getting close to the date/time of the flight it can climb to about 140 euros. If you have your flight schedules properly you will fly for a lot less than you would in Nigeria.

Though I agree with a lot of the experiences and challenges he has highlighted.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by Pavore9: 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Yeah.

Take France for instance, EASYJET can fly you to Paris from Toulouse, A journey about 10 minutes longer than Lagos to Abuja for about 20 Euros when it opens and a few days to the flight will get up to 45 euros. However, getting close to the date/time of the flight it can climb to about 140 euros. If you have your flight schedules properly you will fly for a lot less than you would in Nigeria.

Though I agree with a lot of the experiences and challenges he has highlighted.

Yes, Nigeria has a challenging business environment.
Re: Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik by encrypt(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Lovelyboy007:
ORUKO LO N ROWON 'SURVIVING AIRLINE' THEY MUST TO SURVIVE NO MATTER HOW ECONOMY MAY BE
Sighs
so this one doesn't know surviving airlines is referring to a group of airlines and not a particular airline.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DANA Airline Grounded, Demuren To Step Aside! / Flying With Iberia Airline / Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.