Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:50 PM

Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? (8467 Views)

What The Car You Drive Says About You / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / 12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Akinaukwa: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
Please help me out, is it good to drive with tyres or ordinary rims on Lagos metropolis roads? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by yesboss20(m): 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
No. Can you? Even in the whole country, it isn't probable. Where craze exists, craze is the cure.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by holythug(m): 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
because of horn?? undecided Unfortunately Lagos is not a normal society
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by olatex25(m): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
I had been driving in Lagos for d past 5yrs witout horn."kini big deal". Though it quite frustrating sha, especially dose bus (danfo) driver's.. They are annoying
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by bashydemy(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
Am not sure i can for days self..
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Untainted007: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
olatex25:
I had been driving in Lagos for d past 5yrs witout horn."kini big deal". Though it quite frustrating sha, especially dose bus (danfo) driver's.. They are annoying

Nobody is disclaiming your fact of driving over 5years without using horn. The areas you regularly ply matters bro. Some of these areas has been stated in the post itself. If you drive in Ikoyi, VI, GRA you may not necessarily use your horn. You can give that a trial at Orile after your close of work or Ketu - Ojota most especially in the evening or at CMS early in the morning heading towards VI and kindly re-update us. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Olaiya26: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
Untainted007:
Driving in Lagos city and its metropolis in the midst of commercial drivers popularly known as 'danfo drivers', the amatuer private car owners tagged as 'I can drive myself' and the tricycle also known as 'Napep' is not an easy task as people in other cities in Nigeria have always give kudos to Lagos drivers, some even vowed that they can never reside in Lagos not to talk of driving on Lagos routes. I had a thought about it this morning while driving down to the office if people can actually drive in Lagos without using their vehicle's horn in a day, month or even drive a car without any horn at all. Even with your horn, 'danfo drivers' never care to look at if you are coming or not.

I gave it a try at a time when I had little accident with my front bumper leading to damage of my horn, I could not bear it beyond 24hours, because it made me to be so at alert, and be thinking every commercial buses is going to hit me due to their unchallant attitudes while driving. Here comes the question if any body can boast of driving in Lagos busy cities like Mushin, Iyana Oworo, Ketu-Ojota, Ajah axis, Ojodu berger (Beneath the bridge), Agege - Pen Cinema, Orile etc without using the horn for a week at least or a month?
There is nothing so special about it, you just have to ba cool, calm and collected and know you would have to waste more time getting to your destination.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Untainted007: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Olaiya26:
There is nothing so special about it, you just have to ba cool, calm and collected and know you would have to waste more time getting to your destination.

I concur, but you know most Lagosians are alway in hurry.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Bossken(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
This topic got my attention because the task of driving in lagos has become a part of me over two years now and i am very proud to say it. As a matter pf fact i was part of the team that championed the #NoHornDay of Oct 15th, 2015 in lagos during the era of BRF.

Practically i have discovered that is is very possible. All that is required is to be attentive and exercise patience. I amd a fast and furios dude but i have learnt over time how to be disciplined on the road. I don't struggle space with othet vehicles. I just let them go and i still get to my destination in good time.

I work on the mainland and live on the island, so you should understand that distance. I use the horn ones in a while and that can be over the space of 4 weeks or more. That is when is warrants me using it not when i am inside the traffic. Does who blow their hornn at every instance irritate me like %100.

A dude was harassing me with horn in the traffic at Jakande along Lekki express, lo and behold, even with his incesant use of the horn, i made way through the traffic living him far behind me.

For me, your horn will not make me clear for you except you are driving an ambulance.

Untainted007:
Driving in Lagos city and its metropolis in the midst of commercial drivers popularly known as 'danfo drivers', the amatuer private car owners tagged as 'I can drive myself' and the tricycle also known as 'Napep' is not an easy task as people in other cities in Nigeria have always give kudos to Lagos drivers, some even vowed that they can never reside in Lagos not to talk of driving on Lagos routes. I had a thought about it this morning while driving down to the office if people can actually drive in Lagos without using their vehicle's horn in a day, month or even drive a car without any horn at all. Even with your horn, 'danfo drivers' never care to look at if you are coming or not.

I gave it a try at a time when I had little accident with my front bumper leading to damage of my horn, I could not bear it beyond 24hours, because it made me to be so at alert, and be thinking every commercial buses is going to hit me due to their unchallant attitudes while driving. Here comes the question if any body can boast of driving in Lagos busy cities like Mushin, Iyana Oworo, Ketu-Ojota, Ajah axis, Ojodu berger (Beneath the bridge), Agege - Pen Cinema, Orile etc without using the horn for a week at least or a month?
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by punche(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
It depends on the area.... for my side Okada and keke napep go frustrate you die.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyota Sells 1.52 Million Electrified Vehicles In 2017, Ahead Of 2020 Target / Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear / Things You Need To Know If You Do Patronize Roadside Mechanics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.