Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,858 members, 7,942,150 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom (17567 Views)

SSS Releases Arrested Blogger, Iroegbu / Why Blogger Emenike Iroegbu Was Arrested - Abia Govt / SSS Arrests Blogger, Iroegbu Emenike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by OMOTOWO(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2016
FTC ....but on second page..him brother Emmanuel emenike go rescue him...
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by ceo247frolic(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2016
Oh Dear!

I believe when an issue comes up, we should critically analyse things before we start throwing sticks! President Buhari is not a saint and might be failing us due to our personal expectations for voting him in (If you did) but the man is the president Of Nigeria for crying out loud!

And you think he has time to order the arrest of a blogger who, even you hardly knows his blog url?

He would have as well locked down punch, channels TV etc if he hates oppostion that much! A man names his dog Buhari, suddenly we say its Buhari who ordered his arrest and even after the police expalined what happened, A blogger is arrested, its Buhari etc

Im not saying I know the main reason for the blogger's arrest but lets throw caution to the wind!!!

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by neocortex: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2016
Mendelssohn:
Personally, I think the clampdown should be extended to people making derogatory comments in reaction to those publications. Freedom of speech does not imply freedom to lie against, slander, belittle, traduce, defame, malign and lacerate the ego of people in authority. People should learn how to dissent without creating unnecessary dissension. How can educated Nigerians be devoid of how to argue decently than a way of coming to nairaland and saying a president is a dullard, brain dead, terrorist and all? I believe a special lesson ground should also be created for such people.
I just don't get it. Two examples of bloggers who have been picked up was mentioned here. One, on the orders of Ogun state governor and the other on the orders of another governor. So what has calling Buhari dullard got to do with this? Let's not be in a rush to get unnecessary likes by not allowing our fingers to work in coordination with our brains.....it's utterly wrong! If I were Buhari, many people would have been transported from Nairaland to Lessonland.

Please carry your jungle mentality to the forest,
the antelope and baboons won't mind but you
are not welcome in a civil society.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by buchilino(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2016
honeygirl17:
God help us

GOD HELP US?. NO I DON'T THINK SO. AM VERY HAPPY PMB IS PROVING ME RIGHT. B4 D ELECTIONS I ARGUED DAT WE SHOULD NOT SACRIFICE OUR FREEDOM BECAUSE SOME ID..OTS FEEL DAT GEJ IS CORRUPT. I TOLD THEM ITS BETA 2 HANDLE A THIEF THAN A DICTATOR, BUT THEY CALLED ME A WAILER. 90% OF NIGERIANS HAVE HEADS WITHOUT ANY BRAINS.
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Mendelssohn(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2016
ojnnaco:
If you try to remind the house that we are in a tyrannical and dictatorial administration you will be ban ....

If you are not dancing to their evil and devilish tone you will be probed or unjustly arrested without reason .

Since the inception of the Dullards... major fundamental human rights have been sweeped under carpet

Ban = Banned
Sweeped = Swept.

Reason you have remained an incurable dullard.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by breakeven: 10:20am On Sep 07, 2016
Non of this ever happened during Gej. Infact some like elrufai insulted him yet he kept quiet for democracy sake. Now baba and his thugs are arresting people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Mendelssohn(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2016
neocortex:

Please carry your jungle mentality to the forest,
the antelope and baboons won't mind but you
are not welcome in a civil society.

You are just like one of the business minded pastors who deceive their blind followers by selecting a few words from a verse in the Bible to suit their argument. The blind followers will never read it all to discover the crafty intention behind that motive.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2016
Mendelssohn:
Personally, I think the clampdown should be extended to people making derogatory comments in reaction to those publications. Freedom of speech does not imply freedom to lie against, slander, belittle, traduce, defame, malign and lacerate the ego of people in authority. People should learn how to dissent without creating unnecessary dissension. How can educated Nigerians be devoid of how to argue decently than a way of coming to nairaland and saying a president is a dullard, brain dead, terrorist and all? I believe a special lesson ground should also be created for such people.
I just don't get it. Two examples of bloggers who have been picked up was mentioned here. One, on the orders of Ogun state governor and the other on the orders of another governor. So what has calling Buhari dullard got to do with this? Let's not be in a rush to get unnecessary likes by not allowing our fingers to work in coordination with our brains.....it's utterly wrong! If I were Buhari, many people would have been transported from Nairaland to Lessonland.
All this your preaching is unnecessary.

APC started the detestable act of insulting the seat of the president. So they should be ready to live with the monster they created!

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by banio: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2016
Blogger

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by otitokoroleti: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Josmila:
“While we are not yet certain about the person(s) who instigated Emenike’s arrest, it is on record that the Abia State born blogger has been constantly harassed by the agents and officials of the Abia State Government over his publications. It is also on record that some government officials in Akwa Ibom State have been uncomfortable with some of his publications online.

“We hereby call on the SSS to release Mr. Iroegbu Emenike immediately. Injury to one, is injury to all.

Thank you.“

Conflicting info, I am not understanding..
Lies!!! STFU!
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by adeusolu: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2016
thundabot:
MAY BE THE MAN IS YAHOO YAHOO AND NT ACTUALLY JUST BLOGGING.

follow me on instagram @thundabot--- Read my blog posts @loadedhub.com/thundabot

why do you bear false witness against the innocent? are you not human?
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Biafman: 11:00am On Sep 07, 2016
Clone2020:
Nigeria is slowly turning into a Nazi state where you are censored and your freedom is stolen away from you. Dictator Mugabe once said "...yes you have freedom to say whatever you want, but I don't know if you will have freedom afterwards." Hmm perhaps its high time i start using VPN to mask my IP address before these lunatics think i'm a threat to them.

"I can guarantee you freedom of Speech BUT I cannot guarantee you freedom after SPEECH" ~ Idi Amin Dada.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by AleAirHub(m): 11:00am On Sep 07, 2016
As far am conscience freedom of speech has never scored well here in Nigeria and Africa generally. Name any Nigeria past leader tenure were security thugs has not been use to violate Human Right. angry

# Wither SSS , Police , Military , Navy name them. One thing is sure for real that , is same red blood that flow in your vein also flow on those humans their Rights has been Violated in the name of we are acting on order or we are above the law embarassed embarassed embarassed.

"Any Evil Done By Man To Man Will Be Redressed; If Not Now Then Later, If Not By Man Then By GOD For The Victory Of Evil Over Good Is Temporary" - Dele Giwa.

#May The Soul Of Late Dele Giwa Rest In Peace
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Clone2020(m): 11:02am On Sep 07, 2016
Biafman:

"I can guarantee you freedom of Speech BUT I cannot guarantee you freedom after SPEECH" ~ Idi Amin Dada.

thanks, will correct that
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Princewill1(m): 11:02am On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

“While we are not yet certain about the person(s) who instigated Emenike’s arrest, it is on record that the Abia State born blogger has been constantly harassed by the agents and officials of the Abia State Government over his publications. It is also on record that some government officials in Akwa Ibom State have been uncomfortable with some of his publications online".

This proves you did not read but jumped into a fixed conclusion!
COMMON SHATTAP

What about the blogger that was arrested in Ogun state? It was because of the state governor but Buhari was blamed.

All security agencies in Nigeria: police,army,DSS etc are under the direct control of the fedral govt,anything they do occured under buhari's watch.

The blame stops at his table.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:03am On Sep 07, 2016
It is well. Hope they won't come for me. God bless this day.
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Pavore9: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Princewill1:
COMMON SHATTAP

What about the blogger that was arrested in Ogun state? It was because of the state governor but Buhari was blamed.

All security agencies in Nigeria: police,army,DSS etc are under the direct control of the fedral govt,anything they do occured under buhari's watch.

The blame stops at his table.

This particular thread is about a blogger picked up in Uyo....This is a faceless forum hauling any rude word at you is like talking to the wind, do have a nice life as l do not know what you are dealing with.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by GameGod(m): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2016
Good, any flat head who thinks he can black mail this government should be thrown in jail. Kudos SSS
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by nototribalist: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2016
Abagworo:
The guy has been playing mind games with his site. More like an illegal Vanguardngr.
something dey worry you abi?

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Princewill1(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

This particular thread is about a blogger picked up in Uyo....This is a faceless forum hauling any rude word at you is like talking to the wind, do have a nice life as l do not know what you are dealing with.

What do you mean by saying "This particular thread is about a blogger picked up in Uyo"

Is Uyo not a city in Nigeria,where Buhari is incharge?
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2016
WTF, Buhari Sef Nawa o
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by DaniDani(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2016
This mischievous guy deserves to be banned from blogging. Visit abia fact news(his blog) to confirm my position. This thug of a blogger lacks atom of professionalism. This irrational guy specializes on "hearsay and biased imaginations" to frame and coin up articles and post on his site. If there's any agency regulating blogosphere in Nigeria, then I had long expected them to shut down his site. This is not justifying intimidation or clamp down on freedom of speech but the need to ensure fairness, objectivity in reportage. Thanks
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Pavore9: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Princewill1:
What do you mean by saying "This particular thread is about a blogger picked up in Uyo"

Is Uyo not a city in Nigeria,where Buhari is incharge?

I hope you read the original post where it is written that "it is on record that the Abia State born blogger has been constantly harassed by the agents and officials of the Abia State Government over his publications. It is also on record that some government officials in Akwa Ibom State have been uncomfortable with some of his publications online".. He has had previous run-ins with agents of the 2 States, should any of them use the DSS to pick him up just as many Governors use the Police to do their dirty works, is it Buhari that ordered his arrest?

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by dunkem21(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Same reason people no dey talk again..

Let Seun comment na undecided
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by dunkem21(m): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2016
nototribalist:
something dey worry you abi?

No vex for Akpa gworo abeg cheesy

Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Deepfreezer(m): 11:36am On Sep 07, 2016
By the time SSS finish with Mr iroegbu his head will be cool to deactivate his website.
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by goshen26: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
Suprnov3r:
Time to deactivate my account
Don't be a coward
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by Charles4075(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
herzern:
When will DSS arrest Mynd44??....

Oh!....I forqot.....He's a core supporter!....He's saint!....
Chai, my brother e don set for you.

The kind ban wa you wan receive na till 2095.
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by sampled(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
[/b]make money online in network marketing its easy and cheap just visit coolnaira .com use greatdaniel as your sponsor[b]
Re: SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom by honeygirl17: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
buchilino:

GOD HELP US?. NO I DON'T THINK SO. AM VERY HAPPY PMB IS PROVING ME RIGHT. B4 D ELECTIONS I ARGUED DAT WE SHOULD NOT SACRIFICE OUR FREEDOM BECAUSE SOME ID..OTS FEEL DAT GEJ IS CORRUPT. I TOLD THEM ITS BETA 2 HANDLE A THIEF THAN A DICTATOR, BUT THEY CALLED ME A WAILER. 90% OF NIGERIANS HAVE HEADS WITHOUT ANY BRAINS.
grin gringrin expecially the sai baba crew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Togo, Niger, Benin Owe Nigeria ₦32.04 Billion For Electricity Supplied In 2019 / PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge / Boko-Haram Suspects Dressed Like Women Killed In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.