Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:47 PM

Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? (17960 Views)

Business Partner Needed. / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / Is NIPOST Cheating Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Leorichy: 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:
Although iam still a full time student but I like to hustle when school is on break. My school is on break now and I had been thinking of what to do when an elderly man in my church who is a deacon approached me and suggested that since times are hard(for both him and myself), I should go around and convince private schools directors to conduct seminers for their school teachers for a fee. And by the grace of God, iam the kind of person who can easily convince people to buy my sh1t for a good sum.
The next day, I packaged myself and hit the road, and within 3days, I was able to get some schools to conduct training for their teachers for the sum of #30,000 each. So far, we have conducted for 2 schools and was paid #30,000 per school, and my partner gave me #10,000 as my share on each occassion!
We still have some schools lined up for the training but I feel #10,000 is not just fair to me even though it is my partner who does the lecturing for 2hrs 30mins. I spoke to some friends and relatives about it and most of them think #10,000 is fair enough but I don't think so. Even my mum thinks I should not negotiate for increment since the man is a deacon in our church and he is the one who delivers the lecture, forgeting that Iam the one who goes out there to overhype, exaggerate and even 'force' these private school directors to need our services.
Pls guys, what do you think? I need enough money before school resumes o! Is #10,000 out of #30,000 fair for me or am I being greedy??

Sorry to burst your bubble op,I think you are greedy, he brought up the idea,render the services, and you are thinking that 10k ain't enough, it's more than enough, by going to out to convince people, you are learning a lot about communicating with people and convincing people,which will be use full in future since you are studying law.

Think about it this way,you are on break,you will probably not get anything reasonable to do,#change era and you are earning 10k just talking with a smiley face(smelling makes you younger).I wouldn't ask for another job during school break!
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by encrypt(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Are you indispensable? No?
Heres what you don't know
That man could decide to get someone else to do your Job and to make things easier for that person all the person has to do is cite your conducted trainings.
So he would be leveraging on the foundation you have created.
And the best part?
He would pay that person 5k per school!

You don't even know what the economy is like right now. For a student with lesser responsibilities that price is okay. To reduce your cost plan effectively.
Get better at convincing the schools.

It's not like you can wake up tomorrow and find a new resource person to partner with.

People telling you the money is too small probably arent even working yet or they are hence their skewed perspective.

I can't do that work even if it pays 20k per school but while I was in school I spent almost a week typing a whole jamb past questions for 10k, it was stressful and I had exams coming up but we were talking about 10k (an almost insignificant figure now)
Dude be content and keep your head down.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by uwagimboo: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
End time children..

U re not in any partnership with him.
He re only selling his business or intellectual property..

Most companies ve marketers who could be the life stream of the business but one thing the owner won't do is making the marketer earn more than him..

That he approached you does not make u a partner.
Finally, he is doing you more good cous. He can afford to get a better marketer nd dump ur axx, abi u think say nah the 20k he earns that sustains his family

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by uwagimboo: 12:01am On Sep 12, 2016
Am sure if this OP will one day work in a bank as an effective retail staff, he will one day ask the Bank MD to make him a director nd his successor...

Marketer Uwa Mmebi
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by overboard(m): 12:04am On Sep 12, 2016
My brother, that represents 33%. If he gives you an extra N5k, it makes it 50% and that is about your next thought which would be, IMHO, be unfair as he does the core of the work.

Don't get me wrong, you are offering a very important service and good value but it seems what he is giving you is with a generous heart sef. If you spend on say transportation, I would understand that you'd like to have a clean N10k take home but tell me, would you spend 50% of earnings on marketing a service?
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by delors(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2016
#10000 is a fair deal. He delivers the lectures, not you. He does the research, not you. He compiles the lecture materials, not you. You wanted to share 50/50? C'mon.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Sermwell(m): 12:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Leorichy:

Sorry to burst your bubble op,I think you are greedy, he brought up the idea,render the services, and you are thinking that 10k ain't enough, it's more than enough, by going to out to convince people, you are learning a lot about communicating with people and convincing people,which will be use full in future since you are studying law.

Think about it this way,you are on break,you will probably not get anything reasonable to do,#change era and you are earning 10k just talking with a smiley face(smelling makes you younger).I wouldn't ask for another job during school break!
Lmoa cheesy your comment is quite funny! I have heard you jare! Thanks for your advice grin
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by vislabraye(m): 12:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Since you guys did not agree on a sharing formula, let this one go. When another deal arises, you can negotiate. But think well once again. Who does more work ? It's not just the energy you put but the value give. But if you feel cheated, you may look for someone elsr.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by oliidell(m): 12:24am On Sep 12, 2016
ladyF:
Am I the only one that thinks this isn't a fair deal? I think the sharing should be on the net profit. Yes, 33% is a fair ratio, but 33% on what? Gross profit or net profit?

Before you got those 2 schools that gave him 30k each, let's say you spent 500 naira on transport+calls+sms each time you went to a school. Then say you went to 15 schools, and out of those 15 schools you went to, only 2 paid for the training. So before even getting any client, you've spent over 7k looking for schools for him, out of your own pocket o. By the time he pays you 10k for 2 schools and you remove your expenses, you only get 13k. What does the deacon get? A whole 40k. After all your waka about? shocked

I would suggest you give him a breakdown on all the things you spend money on looking for schools for him. Tell him that going forward, he will first refund all the expenses you incur. Then after that, you 2 will decide on a sharing ratio for the money that's left.

I cud marry u 4 dis
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by ladyF(f): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2016
oliidell:

I cud marry u 4 dis
Awnnn.... I do kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by vislabraye(m): 12:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:
Although iam still a full time student but I like to hustle when school is on break. My school is on break now and I had been thinking of what to do when an elderly man in my church who is a deacon approached me and suggested that since times are hard(for both him and myself), I should go around and convince private schools directors to conduct seminers for their school teachers for a fee. And by the grace of God, iam the kind of person who can easily convince people to buy my sh1t for a good sum.
The next day, I packaged myself and hit the road, and within 3days, I was able to get some schools to conduct training for their teachers for the sum of #30,000 each. So far, we have conducted for 2 schools and was paid #30,000 per school, and my partner gave me #10,000 as my share on each occassion!
We still have some schools lined up for the training but I feel #10,000 is not just fair to me even though it is my partner who does the lecturing for 2hrs 30mins. I spoke to some friends and relatives about it and most of them think #10,000 is fair enough but I don't think so. Even my mum thinks I should not negotiate for increment since the man is a deacon in our church and he is the one who delivers the lecture, forgeting that Iam the one who goes out there to overhype, exaggerate and even 'force' these private school directors to need our services.
Pls guys, what do you think? I need enough money before school resumes o! Is #10,000 out of #30,000 fair for me or am I being greedy??

But hold on. Who bears the expenses of other logistics such as the hall used and PA system ? That's something you should consider.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by ExplicitContent: 12:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Fvck it!
The OP's role is as important as of the man's..

Traffic is the lifeline of business. Ya'all saying half bread or whatever..just STFU.. get the product or have the service but don't get traffic and let's see how gonna make it.

Op know your worth.. read Think and grow rich !
Nothing less than 40/60 man. Not a matter greediness men. Your role is pivotal/vital. If the man feels he needs more of the money(base on responsiblities as an elder) then you guys should up the price... shikena!

This is business.. equip yourself with some financial literacy man before u pop sh1t..

Lastly, work to learn and not just for the money. What is the service he's offering? What does he knows that you dont!
Hope you learning and tapping in too? You definitely have to.. equip yourself with supposed knowledge by learning directly or indirectly who knows you could just be on the part to greater heights/exploits with this.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by yinkslinks(m): 12:58am On Sep 12, 2016
please dont kill him like someone did at delta state. i use God name beg you oooooo. ghost are real
Sermwell:
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 12, 2016
Yes.

And I won't even read your poem.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by NobleG1(m): 1:06am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:

If your share of the deal was very important to you, why didn't you negotiate before you started?
For the fact the guy is a deacon, that probably means he was teaching religious stuff.

He's using you to extort money from schools in exchange for religious c*rap! Did your ancient book (bible) allow your "men of god" to collect money in exchange for religious teachings?

Christians, unintentionally, keep proving their religion is bullsh*it like other religions!
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by amparas(m): 1:45am On Sep 12, 2016
That 10k is enough for the services you carry out for that man. You might think you are working like an elephant only to eat like and ant.
I only wish you know the number of people that will b want that same job for a lesser amount then you will thank your stars for this opportunity.
Be content greed destroys
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Turbocharged: 2:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Bros, u beta maintain oo. Other people can take ur job for a monthly fee of 10k.
Naija hot!
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by AdemolaA2: 2:52am On Sep 12, 2016
leave me your phone number and I'll give you a call.might call you up for a job.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by publicenemy(m): 3:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:

10k is good. Use 5k for the run around and save 5k. Its better than messing everything up and getting nothing.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by lekonso: 3:43am On Sep 12, 2016
I think you are greedy and you are likely to be a disobedient child. You said you discussed with some friends and relatives and your mum and they said #10000 is fair enough yet you are not satisfied. That is not good enough. Even if the man is cheating you, it is a seed you are sowing into your future that will give you greater harvest. Instead of complaining about the money you should learn how to tap ideas from him and not cash. Ideas will pay you bountiful returns more than what immediate cash will give you. In conclusion i think #10000 is fair enough. There is no way the man can agree on 50/50 sharing for you, however you can let him know about the amount you spent on recharge cards and transport but don't ask for more share. If he thinks it well to give you additional 1 or 2 thousand for your expenses fine if he does not give, leave him, don't complain, God knows how to pay His faithful servants. You don't even know greater opportunities you can get through these contacts you are making here and there.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:

1.The idea was his
2. He's doing all the work
3. You're his marketer. 1/3 of income is more than enough for your services

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by lekonso: 3:46am On Sep 12, 2016
AdemolaA2:
leave me your phone number and I'll give you a call.might call you up for a job.

Please beware
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Mayflowa(m): 3:47am On Sep 12, 2016
emmyid:
Op, are U Oliver twist?
Unless U are Oliver twist, pls be grateful for once! U know how many years and how much he spent to acquire the knowledge he impacts? Remember knowledge is wealth, he is selling his intellectual property, U are jus a marketer, getting 33% of d income generated is fair enouth....Oliver Like U!

Hey, that man said free lectures. Didn't you read it. AND this guy makes all the expenses. There should be renegotiation after expenditure
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by lonelydora: 3:57am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:

To be honest,We didn't. I probably thought as an elderly man, he should know what is fair as regard sharing!

Never do a business with trust. Pen every damn thing down and make sure all parties sign. No brother in business, bro.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by klemzybaba: 4:36am On Sep 12, 2016
I tink 10000 s quite a nice return from him since as u said he is d one dat does d lecturing.... u shud b contented guy
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by KunkeAkinola(m): 4:51am On Sep 12, 2016
From my point of view, I think you should just stick to that remuneration. It's fair enough. Honestly. U could just talk to him about reimbursing u for the marketing expenses, but please, don't negotiate with him. Remember he's an elder.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Tundeiab(m): 4:57am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:
You are a greedy fellow. The guy even tried to have given you that much.

He does the talking for 2 hrs + na.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by danot1030: 4:57am On Sep 12, 2016
Guy honestly say, you are being greedy. 10k is ok in this circumstances.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by InvertedHammer: 5:06am On Sep 12, 2016
/
I believe the man can get someone else to do the marketing for N5000 per deal. I think once your school resumes, he will do so. He may even do the marketing by himself since you have already "watered" the ground for him. By next semester, he will tell you "No job". Then you can get your own premises, deliver the lectures and pocket all the N30k.
\

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Don't ask for increment rather ask for allowance to cover up for logistics

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by mr11x0(m): 5:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Sermwell:

1st rule of the game; always negotiate % in any business dealings involving cash/money no matter who the person you are involve with is. I have learnt the hard way.....
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? by tochivitus(m): 5:51am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=Sermwell post=49142194]
To be honest,We didn't. I probably thought as an elderly man, he should know what is fair as regard sharing

when is comes business, there is nothing like assumption or familiarity, because i feel yiur pain as i have been in your shoes before , that is the reason why is always good to discuss sharing ratio dividends and profit with you partner. This is the reason why I don't do combined business/package with my family and close associate,
advice:-all I have got to tell you is this, you have to go back to the drawing board sit on a round table and make this right..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Slides Further As Demand Outweigh Supply / Buy Amazon Gift Card In Nigeria & Pay In Naira / Top 10 Import Portals To Source Your Quality Products From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.