Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,421 members, 7,974,726 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:18 AM

Why Parents And Guardian Should Send Their Kids & Wards To School Over Seas - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Parents And Guardian Should Send Their Kids & Wards To School Over Seas (408 Views)

15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing" / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Parents And Guardian Should Send Their Kids & Wards To School Over Seas by Ade3000yrs(m): 10:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Why these topic and theme The reason for This topic is vast and one of the means to demystify the chunk of Nigeria and Africa's plight.
It is for this reasons I have always lambasted Majority of Nigerian Schools and the Nigerian Education Board until sustainable reform is reached for all and sundry!
Without much words, Nigeria had great results during the time of our Premiere Leaders and a few of Nigerian progressive leaders who all had some form of foreign Education or the other. With Premiere s like Obafemi Awolowo, Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Solomon Lar, Jubril Aminu, Pa Anthony Enahoro, Alex Ekueme, Don Etiebet, Bamangar Tukur, Babagana Kingigbe, Tanimu Yakubu, Emmanuel Afe Babalola, Awo Fisayo, Okwesili Eze Nwobodo, along with a few of Nigerians Past Millitary Leaders as such Johnson Aguyi Ironsi, Odumegwu Ojukwu, Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, Theophilus Danjuma, Julius Alani Akinrinade, Gibson Jalo, Muhammed Wushishi, Domkat Bali, Muhammed Sani Abacha, Garba Duba, Jeremia Timbut Useni, Mohammed Balarabe Haladu, Donaldson Oladipo Diya, Joshua Nimyel Dongoyaro, Salihu Ibrahim, Aliyu Mohammed Gusau, Rufus Modupe, Ishaya Bamayi, Samuel Victor Malu, Alexander Ogomudia, Martin- Luther Agwai, Andrew Owoeye Azazi, Abel Akale, Joseph Owonibi, Chika Dibia Isaac.

With a careful enquiry, Apart from the unmatchable effort of our Premier Leaders, you will discover that Nigerian Military has produced Some of the Best brain in the history of Nigerian leaders ever as General Sani Abacha. Stunning right?? followed by General Ibrahim Babangida, Jeremiah Useni, Theophilus Danjuma, Olusegun Obasanjo, Yakubu Gowon, Muritala Muhammed, Abdusalami Abubakar, Andrew Owoye Azazi. I know this may be stunning and some people could be wandering my motives and the kind of miscontrued information I pass across in the media, and also wandering who is paying me to peddle obnoxious info; but believe me, a personal enquiry will convince you that in agitation The Nigerian Military has expunged his best to the sustenance of our sovereignty as a Nation. Our hasty agitation for freedom and to be masters without due process will always cause us more and more retrogression. To me its as if the Nigeria military is the only existing institution that carries the core value and interest of Nigeria even if some of its erring officials found wanting has indulged in despicable ventures to capitalize on the power vested on them.
I will forever admire the kind of courage General Sani Abacha had to Salvage Nigeria and yet Sing the Praises of Ibrahim Babangida, Olusegun Obasanjo, Yakubu Gowon and President Muhammed Buharri in a lot of ways at the same time as this key figures are my mentors as I have learnt immensely from their success and failures, I see this people differently from 80% of the majority as people always say common sense is not common and ordinary men do ordinary things and extra ordinary men do extra ordinary things.

I am not mandating or recommending parents to take the wards to the Nigerian Military Schools but all am saying is give your children the best of Education as all the Names mentioned above all had one form of formal Education over seas or the other.
Whoever or which ever of the conventional Nigeria Professor or Scholar is peddling the Rumor that all the past Nigerian Military leaders are not educated, is only bluffing with his mouth and reasons under his feet. Alot of conventional acclaimed Scholars without conservative and cohesive values are now taking advantage of the times and climbing the lowered ladders to shift blames on the Past Nigerian Leaders simply because they crave for political office to also perpetrate their loot. As much as i crave for things to Change, I believe you can not assume the role of a leader out the share sense of unpreparedness, and poor skill and lack of leadership traits, just as our youths prays for leadership to be handed down to them on a platter of gold without hard work. It is for this reasons I have always said that No Nigerian persons without a panoramic view and ideology nor any person under the age of 45 years should be allowed to Lead Nigeria!! Nigeria is too big and sophisticated to be used as lab rat and experimental project. We should not abhor fresh blood thieves because we are trying to kill or phase out the old thieves.

While still in course of this theme, 88% of the Nigerian school system is a big scam, a prank, a joke by con men to Suck people try leaving them with little or nothing in return and value for money. On this premise I advocate that all the Private University in Nigeria be scrapped, The government schools should be reformed and up graded as I must say that right Now that the NOUN is currently, according to me rated the Best University Operating in Nigeria followed by all the Agriculture Universities unlike the rest of the empty big names that raises the eye brow!

If you will not allow your kids or ward travel over seas, then let them go to NOUN in Nigeria or you let them go to the coventional Nigerian Agricultural Universities
Re: Why Parents And Guardian Should Send Their Kids & Wards To School Over Seas by thesicilian: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2016
The problem with studying overseas is the money, not that people don't know its better.
But I quite agree with most of your write up with little exceptions such as your benchmark age for contesting the presidency election of 45yrs which I still believe to be too high, especially considering the fact that life expectancy in this country has always hovered between 47 - 54yrs.
There is nothing wrong with becoming a President at 35 - 40yrs, if you have the vision, education and leadership credentials. Granted, a lot of Nigerian youths are usually clueless concerning leadership, but there are a lot others too that are performing wonders in various sectors across the nation at ages as low as 20 - 25yrs! Are we going to tell this guys to wait another 20yrs to take up the mantle of leadership, when we are in dire need of visionary solutions to the myriads of problems that plague us today?

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Of Petroleum Resources Effurun(fupre) 2016 SCREENING / Houdegbe North American University,benin 2016/17 Admisssion Call 08062129261 / I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.