Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,477 members, 7,874,896 topics. Date: Friday, 28 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) (28652 Views)

Erosion!!! Save Our Land And Heritage: Orumba People Cry For Help!!!! / Erosion Destroys Road That Links Nibo And Aguata In Anambra (Photos) / New Locations Saved From Erosion In Anambra (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ROCE: 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
kogirodent:
Hope nobody blames politicians for this. Even in the western world erosion still happens at times.

Not so fast my dear. Man can not be more powerful than nature but there's something called the ECOLOGICAL FUND which was set up to take care of this.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/203808-investigation-ecological-funds-how-billions-go-down-the-drain.html
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by otunbateekay(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Thank god,I'm not the person that said yebhoe land is an erosion laden red mud region.
But bros, you just did.

1 Like

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
kaen1317:
with the crumbs the SE is getting in PMB's budget for the year, the whole SE will be completely cut off and wallow deeper into poverty. Yet the Igbo man is expected to love and vote PMB.
what did they do with the largesse from GEJ? Your bigotry will always get the better of you....

2 Likes

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Victorvexz:
This is one of the gully erosion ravaged 5 south east landlocked republic of Biafra. Where poverty and underdevelopment is the order of the day. Hello to the Igbos from the west.

Biggest Earthquakes in Ibadan, Oyo state
Ibadan—RESIDENTS of Saki in Oke Ogun area of Oyo State are now living in palpable fear over what they described as earth tremor that started few weeks ago.
According to Wikipedia, an earth tremor (also known as a earthquake or temblor) is the perceptible shaking of the surface of the earth, resulting from the sudden release of energy in the earth’s crust that creates seismic waves. Tremor can be violent enough to toss people around and destroy whole cities. Nigeria experienced tremor in 1933, 1939, 1964, 1984, 1990, 1994, 1997, 2000 and 2009.

The National President, Building Collapse Prevention Guild, Mr Kunle Awobodu, an expert in the built environment, recently stated that Nigeria, particularly the South-West region was not immuned to tremor According to him, geophysical and geological studies have discovered that a fault zone that connects with the Atlantic fracture system exists along Ifewara in Osun State and Zungeru in Niger State. Meanwhile, an eyewitness, Alhaji Dauda Tijani said the underground vibration, which shakes houses in the affected areas to their foundations was very disturbing. For fear of being caught unawares, residents of the areas have left the community in droves. He said: “The terrible vibration started about three months ago, but we thought it was a mere noise that would stop. Instead of stopping, it happens on regular basis. At times, the ground could vibrate five times a day and at times, it may not vibrate within three days. “People are very confused and have vacated the affected areas. My child was living there before, but he has been living with me for the past one and half months.” “When the ground vibrates, buildings in the areas would be shaking seriously and then stop”. Another eyewitness, Mr Adeola Fehintola, a lawyer, said the tremor was very unsettling. According to him, the Oyo State Government sent some people here, but they are not showing enough seriousness about the issue. “The Federal Government should please send experts here to see what the noise is. If it is something they can prevent or do something about, let them come quickly. We see this thing as something that needs urgent attention so that when it eventually happens, there will be no casualty. Residents have deserted the area as I’m speaking with you and many more are moving their things out, he said. When Vanguard called the Special Adviser on Environment to Governor Abiola Ajimobi, he directed enquiries to the Permanent Secretary on Environment, Oguntola Gabriel who said when something like that happens, it is a precursor to an earthquake. He said: “First of all, we have not been there. I was in Abuja and I just came back. When the ground vibrates like that, it’s a precursor to an earthquake. But, for now, I can’t validate that. This week, we will make sure we are there to see what is happening.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/earth-tremor-causes-panic-oyo-community/

http://earthquaketrack.com/ng-32-ibadan/biggest?page=12

4 Likes

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
[quote author=Rapsino post=49150030]This road is located in Isouchi in abia state and erosion has really taking over the road. the community has called on the government but nothing has been done. I use the medium to call on the governor to please help our community.
[/quote
@op move this to abia online Facebook page.it would get more attention their.

1 Like

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ArmedRobber: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Alexbrain:

Please just Shut up already, yesterday an erosion eaten place in lagos was posted here on narialand too. So stop making it look like erosion is only in the East and not in your backyard.

Tell me the difference between Erosion and Flood.?
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by kaen1317: 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
cyrilamx:
what did they do with the largesse from GEJ? Your bigotry will always get the better of you....
sitting in lagos, abuja or somewhere talking when you don't know a damn thing about the SE . the SE is the least developed region in the country thanks to the civil war and its only a fool that will expect the few years of GEJ to fix it all. GEJ as you know was busy trying to placate the north and really didn't do much for the SE
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by mich24(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
Bolustic:
Despite consistently voting the PDP for 16 years and even having an idolized hero, these are all our brothers could get.

I will like to visit link to the news bearing the photo you just posted.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Igboid: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Igboid: 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
ArmedRobber:

Tell me the difference between Erosion and Flood.?

See the difference here: https://www.nairaland.com/2499845/sophisticated-erosion-menace-sw-published
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by shaibu123: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
Good drainage system is all we need in Nigeria.The contractors are more concerned of how much money they will make than good job.Uke in Anambra state was example and when they finally got their acts together the gully erosion was a thing of pass in that area between uke and Ide ani.Plan good drainage system,no short cut.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
shaibu123:
Good drainage system is all we need in Nigeria.The contractors are more concerned of how much money they will make than good job.Uke in Anambra state was example and when they finally got their acts together the gully erosion was a thing of pass in that area between uke and Ide ani.Plan good drainage system,no short cut.

Erosion is nature just like earthquakes and flood. The only way to preventit is by not distorting vegetation of a vulnerable area. The valley that runs through Igboland is highly prone to erosion and once you destroy the natural vegetation nothing can stop it.

Erosion is not an exclusively Southeastern thing but a Southern Nigeria thing. Southeast is most affected because it is the most densely populated part of Nigeria with people inhabiting almost everywhere.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Igboid: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by kettle84(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
ClitRaider:
Chai!
This is a marginallised red-mud gully eroded land of the flat.head ugandas.
They claim to develop Lagos, Dubai, New york, malaysia etc but they've negleted their own abode.
Smh.
that surulere,shitta ,obalende, and other shanties of Lagos stinks to high heavens doesn't mean lekki and ikoyi does the same. isuochi is a rural area with soil type challenges.

1 Like

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by GameGod(m): 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
ROCE:
The South Eastern area is part of Nigeria but rather than getting sensible and positive contributions, what will fill this thread are comments of people mocking each other. Sometimes, I think Africans are their own problems. They are united in dividing each other.

God bless Nigeria
U dey mind this useless forum? Someone will type a very childish and useless post and he will get more than 150 likes. Very stupid forum filled with illiterates.

4 Likes

Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by GameGod(m): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
And you one of those who out of hatred expect Buhari to cleanse the mess of PDP 's locust years including the damage of GEJ Okonjo Iweala warned against? By the way were the south East not enjoying juicy positions during the PDP reign of impunity? Why didn't they use their position to develop and rehabilitate those roads instead of crying marginalisation? Lest I forget GEJ left a yet to be Commissioned second Niger bridge.
kaen1317:
sitting in lagos, abuja or somewhere talking when you don't know a damn thing about the SE . the SE is the least developed region in the country thanks to the civil war and its only a fool that will expect the few years of GEJ to fix it all. GEJ as you know was busy trying to placate the north and really didn't do much for the SE
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
You can't blame anybody for this. It's natural. Just find a solution to it.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by naijaking1: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
ovadozes:
Thats my village, behind there is the secondary school I attended and that road leads to the palace of Ochi 1 of Isuochi,the road contractors did not do a proper visibilty studies, they wrongly channeled the gutter into an erision prone area.

Onye mbanyi, I dukwa mma?
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
Where is ikpeazu? Call him that I want to see him.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by kaen1317: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
cyrilamx:
And you one of those who out of hatred expect Buhari to cleanse the mess of PDP 's locust years including the damage of GEJ Okonjo Iweala warned against? By the way were the south East not enjoying juicy positions during the PDP reign of impunity? Why didn't they use their position to develop and rehabilitate those roads instead of crying marginalisation? Lest I forget GEJ left a yet to be Commissioned second Niger bridge.
but you should know that PMB and his General friends have been running Nigeria since the 60's so when it comes to apportioning blames for the gutter we now find ourselves in then they should get the lions share and not a man that ruled for only 6yrs that they vowed to never know peace
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by lozanni(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
ClitRaider:
Chai!
This is a marginallised red-mud gully eroded land of the flat.head ugandas.
They claim to develop Lagos, Dubai, New york, malaysia etc but they've negleted their own abode.
Smh.

From your moniker, I know you are high on s.x
Conehead Pervert.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by shaibu123: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Erosion is nature just like earthquakes and flood. The only way to preventit is by not distorting vegetation of a vulnerable area. The valley that runs through Igboland is highly prone to erosion and once you destroy the natural vegetation nothing can stop it.

Erosion is not an exclusively Southeastern thing but a Southern Nigeria thing. Southeast is most affected because it is the most densely populated part of Nigeria with people inhabiting almost everywhere.
Gully erosion is caused by lack of good drainage system.Which is caused by not constructing a deep gutter and channel the water towards a river.And where there is no river available,artificial canal are form.Check ladipo artificial canal.
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by flokii: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Too bad undecided

Yet tribalism has eaten deep into their brain there.. With d "me and my brothers only" mentality. *hiss
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
ovadozes:
Thats my village, behind there is the secondary school I attended and that road leads to the palace of Ochi 1 of Isuochi,the road contractors did not do a proper visibilty studies, they wrongly channeled the gutter into an erision prone area.
nwelete agha? Ibokwara?
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ClitRaider: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
lozanni:

From your moniker, I know you are high on s.x Conehead Pervert.
Guy, why like this na?!
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ClitRaider: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
GameGod:

U dey mind this useless forum? Someone will type a very childish and useless post and he will get more than 150 likes. Very stupid forum filled with illiterates.
Chai!
Why?!
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by arsenic33(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Abia State and bad road be like brother and sister...on my way to Uyo from Owerri, we pass Umuaiah, the roads are too bad... on my way back to Owerri, I decided to follow through Aba to avoid those bad roads, I never I'm plying the worst road.... wetin Abia Government dey do sef with their allocation and IGR
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ClitRaider: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) by ClitRaider: 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Alexbrain:

Please just Shut up already, yesterday an erosion eaten place in lagos was posted here on narialand too. So stop making it look like erosion is only in the East and not in your backyard.
Erosion for Lagos state?
You dey craze?
Abi you mean flood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eyo Charles: Journalist Attacked By Fani-Kayode Speaks On Ordeal / Checkout Who The New NIMASA Directors Are. / 2023 Presidency: We Are Waiting For Tinubu To Decide – Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.