Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:11 AM

5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) (22828 Views)

Advice Needed As Regards Engine Oil Change / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Free Oil, Free Oil Filter,free Oil Change, Free Vehicle Scan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by xandro101(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2016
lonelydora:

How much per gallon? I'm in PH.

It's N18,000 only per jug, at the current exchange rate. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by bitweezy: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2016
donciccio:
Guys, it depends on mileage. IMO, for 2005 model cars upward use specified synthetic class oil and service atmost mileage coverage of 3000. Although often times I service mine before covering 3000 and I use Honda specified oil 5W20.

How is the experience like using 5w20 and how long or miles before servicing?

I believe that viscosity is too light for our weather. Honda recommends 5w20 based on ambient temperature BTW 6°c and 16°c. The only gain would be improved fuel consumption.

For our ambient temperature above 30°c I use 5w40 for my Honda, although this would increase fuel consumption but would reduce engine wear
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Tolakay: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2016
Pls when as d ideal time to service my engine
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 08, 2016
I want to ask a question and kindly ignore my ignorance.. I currently gained possession of a Honda Accord Ex 99 model with mileage in excess of 200,000 miles.. From the little knowledge I have about the car it had always been serviced with 20w-50 oil grade..
Now I'm thinking of going back to recommended oil specs.. 5w-30. I just have some fears.
1. Will the switch have any negative/positive effects on the engine?
2. Will it affect fuel consumption?
Kindly reply me.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by eagleeye2: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2016
I have been servicing my Toyota Avalon 2001 regularly every 2/3months. But due to running around for my mum's burial I recently skipped it. But serviced it immediately after.
Unfortunately I lost the engine. Yet to replace it. But mechanic told me I can replace it with my Siena engine that it's a match. Don't know if I should go with that advice. Cos it will be cheaper like that.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2016
omoiyalayi:
I ve nt change my engine oil 4 abt 2 months
Now. May God help me

I'm nt proud 2 say it though, na buhari cause am

Beside I don't out wit d car everyday, even wen I do its just 4rm my house to work & back

I don't go unnecessary places

U ve 2 think of fuel too

May God help us all.
if you use the right oil specs you are to change it once in six months

1 Like

Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
donciccio:
Guys, it depends on mileage. IMO, for 2005 model cars upward use specified synthetic class oil and service atmost mileage coverage of 3000. Although often times I service mine before covering 3000 and I use Honda specified oil 5W20.
that's all kinds of wrong
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by asumo12: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2016
cheesy

How and why na?

[quote author=Bishop4bella post=50014546][/quote]
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Dove4Peace: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2016
Men, dn't forget to change your wife's or mother's engine oil when changing yours. grin grin They often forget, i don't know why. shocked
Mean while, stick with Peace Lubricant and be your own judge.

NB:[size=16pt] PEACE LUBRICANT IS PROUDLY NAIJA !!![/size]

Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by autotrader2: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2016
lonelydora:

How much per gallon? I'm in PH.

@lonelydora I can give you the Mobil-1 at 16k here in PH (09086679585)

1 Like

Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by lonelydora: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2016
autotrader2:

okay, we will talk next week.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by xandro101(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2016
autotrader2:

16K for how many litres? Maybe you have old stock. Enjoy!

P.S.
I hope it's original.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by RichDad1(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2016
I use Total quartz 7000 15w 50 for my 2013 kia optima.
I service monthly.
I prefer Mobil but quartz is the oem recommendation.
I'm still considering changing though.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by tukdi: 10:27am On Oct 08, 2016
eagleeye2:
I have been servicing my Toyota Avalon 2001 regularly every 2/3months. But due to running around for my mum's burial I recently skipped it. But serviced it immediately after.
Unfortunately I lost the engine. Yet to replace it. But mechanic told me I can replace it with my Siena engine that it's a match. Don't know if I should go with that advice. Cos it will be cheaper like that.
Bro, i prefer you go for the Avalon engine at once! If you want to go for the cheapest, you might end up spending more money! cool
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by JakeII(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2016
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by JakeII(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2016
asumo12:
What if am not driving my vehicle at all!

undecided

That is why you are asked by the manufacturer to change the oil after some intervals, i.e usually after 5,000 or 10,000 km. So If you don't ride the vehicle, the mileage remains constant and no need to change the oil. (though that may depend on how long you left it)
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by pafra(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2016
drkay:
@op, how frequent do u think one should be doing dis considering the type of oil and car usage. I service the car I use regularly every 60days ( 04 toyota Corolla sport) using 5l Mobil 1000 and a regular oil filter while I do the servicing of our sienna which we only use on weekends once in 3months. Is this fair enough?

you service your car base on the km run by the car. check your manual for details.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by jamesbond22(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
So even when I don't drive my car , there is danger ? Is it the risk of not using the engine or not changing the oil ?
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by asumo12: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
JakeII:

That is why you are asked by the manufacturer to change the oil after some intervals, i.e usually after 5,000 or 10,000 km. So If you don't ride the vehicle, the mileage remains constant and no need to change the oil. (though that may depend on how long you left it)

U mean the oil can't goan settle down or dried up?
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by dreyposh: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
Are you in need of engine oil to service your auto-mobile? Petrol or Diesel engine oil? Do you sell lubricants and you need where you can get Mobil lubricants at distributing price? Or you a planning to start a lubricant business, do you even own, manage or supervise a filling station and you need where to get your Mobil Lubricants, Think no far any longer!
Mobil just opened a distributing branch office at No 56, Ire Akari, Mowe Ofada Road, Opposite MFM Church, Mowe, Ogun State where you can get your Mobil lubricants in volumes. It can also be delivered to your doorstep, office or shop and many other incentives. You can call this number for full details 08135454416. We are ready to partner you and ensure a good business with you. Thanks.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by divinelove(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
stankezzy:
I don't believe this , I have been driving my toyota corola car for almost two years now with out changing the oil and still , e no de develop fault

Even if u are running on full synthetic oil one year is d maximum irrespective of d miles covered
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by milestonejnr(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
orlaryhincah:
So how long do one have to change the engine oil often?

It varies for different cars. It also depends on the distance you cover with your car. For instance, a commercial vehicle used to ply long distance (Interstate) need its oil changed regularly unlike a private vehicle that is being driven just inside the city (Intercity)
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by divinelove(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
RichDad1:
I use Total quartz 7000 15w 50 for my 2013 kia optima.
I service monthly.
I prefer Mobil but quartz is the oem recommendation.
I'm still considering changing though.

U service monthly dts wasteful except u cover up to 3500km monthly

1 Like

Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Ogun4all(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dis is great! I will take note if I get one very soon as I wish and pray...
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by ashala(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
Rushing now to change my car Engine wink
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Googleus(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
Pls which oils is recommended for my camry envelope...
The millage since I bought it August {tokunbo} stands at 2,987 miles... I ve never change d oil...
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by mejai(m): 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
na wa o. Too many engine oil talks on dis forum. una no dey tire?
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by autotrader2: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Googleus:
Pls which oils is recommended for my camry envelope...
The millage since I bought it August {tokunbo} stands at 2,987 miles... I ve never change d oil...

Toyota Motor Oil 5w30
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Glocal1: 8:40am On Oct 09, 2016
autotrader2:

Toyota Motor Oil 5w30
Please which oil is ideal for corolla DX 1996 and where can it be purchased. Been using total quartz 5000 for a while now.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by autotrader2: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2016
Glocal1:
Please which oil is ideal for corolla DX 1996 and where can it be purchased. Been using total quartz 5000 for a while now.

Total Quartz 5000 is a no no for your corolla.

Your 1996 Corolla requires Toyota Motor Oil 5w30. I guess your engine is a 1.6L one so you will need about 4 Quarts. Call me 09086679585 on how to get it.
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by Glocal1: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
autotrader2:

Total Quartz 5000 is a no no for your corolla.

Your 1996 Corolla requires Toyota Motor Oil 5w30. I guess your engine is a 1.6L one so you will need about 4 Quarts. Call me 09086679585 on how to get it.
Yes, its 1.6L. Is d oil semi-synthetic or fully synthetic?
Re: 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) by autotrader2: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
Glocal1:
Yes, its 1.6L. Is d oil semi-synthetic or fully synthetic?

Toyota does not really tell the contents of their oil. However, it is made by ExxonMobil , makers of Mobil-1 for Toyota in the US. It's the OEM oil that comes in the engine from the factory, and it's priced just slightly below Mobil-1 oil. That should give an indication of the spec.

You can check my profile to see more information/pics about the oil

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine / Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.