Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,084 members, 7,967,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:24 AM

It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday (2452 Views)

Can I Get A Flip Pack For Tecno Spark / Samsung Brings Back Flip Phones Running Android OS: Meet Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 / Phones That Will Never Support Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 And The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Gsmbasics: 7:23am On Sep 09, 2016
It has been reported that Samsung is planning to introduce a mobile phone with a flip screen.
This isn't the very first time that the firm has introduced such a product as they have introduced flip Android mobile phones in the past, although in 2016 we actually need to question why the need for such an item is still so strong?

That being said, it appears like the brand-new phone is official as Samsung has released the Galaxy Folder 2. However, it must be pointed out that the Galaxy Folder 2 has been released in China, but then again we haven't truly seen flip mobile phones in Nigerian market that much.

In regards to specifications, here's exactly what we are looking at. The Galaxy Folder 2 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset. It likewise includes a 3.8-inch WVGA display screen and will feature 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of storage that is expandable through the microSD card slot. It will also load a 1,950 mAh battery which according to Samsung, has a 318 hour standby time, however, its specifications appear like it's not going to drain battery that much.

In the camera area, we are taking a looking at an 8MP back camera and a 5MP front-facing cam, and it will feature Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow preinstalled.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/576/its-2016-and-samsung-just-revealed-a-flip-phone.html

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by nototribalist: 8:00am On Sep 09, 2016
I don't think phones like this will zap battery. It's been awhile o

3 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Jethrolite(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2016
I love flip phones.

5 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by opegbola(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2016
good backup phone if its nt expensive and get 2 naija

2 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Fidelismaria: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2016
Abeg abeg wat is wrong with dis Ppple

We Neva rest from iPhone 7 Samsung don come again

Kilode wetin apen una wan kill us totally for dis buhari recession

2 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Opistorincos(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2016
let the open and close game begin

2 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Flashh: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2016
Who would still want to stress him/herself pressing one button to get full typing result on smartphone these days?

6 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by registration(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2016
I will always love phones like this... the way you flip to hangup annoying convos ...

8 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Gsmbasics: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
if I touch this phone, it will remind me of good old days. my first flip phone was NEC phone. and Rkelly (trap in the closet video) was stored in it, once I enter classroom, all men go gather begin watch the same video we've been watching for over 2 weeks. then its either you have a Nokia phone or a flip phone.

3 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Gsmbasics: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2016
I will always love phones like this... the way you flip to hangup annoying convos ...
lool i know, with that kpaa sound

3 Likes

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by 4dor: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
Gsmbasics:
if I touch this phone, it will remind me of good old days. my first flip phone was NEC phone. and Rkelly (trap in the closet video) was stored in it, once I enter classroom, all men go gather begin watch the same video we've been watching for over 2 weeks. then its either you have a Nokia phone or a flip phone.

Lmao! I have fond memories of that phone.

1 Like

Re: It's 2016 And Samsung Just Revealed A Flip Phone Yesterday by Jethrolite(m): 12:22am On Sep 10, 2016
Gsmbasics:
that big NEC the neck cracks as you open the flip. Never used it, I used Nokia and Siemens flip. I love that phone though. These are the ones I used and your NEC.

This thread is bringing back memories. The days of polyphonic ringtones and infrared. The very first Symbian slide, 6600,6630.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Is Really Coming To Nigeria! / Having Issue With Samsung A10s / Starcoms Or Multilinks Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.