Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,452 members, 7,897,914 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 10:36 PM

How Do I Track These Scammers? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Track These Scammers? (617 Views)

Nairalanders Beware Of These Scammers! / How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? / PLEASE HELP: Who Know These Scammers? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Track These Scammers? by olaoye15(m): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
Dear Niralanders. I need suggestions on how to get back on these scammers.
This really happened to a my mum. She receieved an unknown Call from someone who posed to be her nephew who resides in ireland.

The person Called and my mum and acted as her nephew with who she has a very Close relationship. I think she played into their hands by giving them a name which they capitalised on.

Thereafter they became intimate with the discussion. They guy said he has issues with the immigration on the ireland but needs a document from someone in Nigeria.

He then craved my mum indulgence to help collection the form with a balance of 155k. That someone who will be travelling to ireland the nest day will come pick the form from her.

Since I Reside in Oshogbo where the form is meant to be picked, she sent the money into my account and asked me to help collect the form. I did as instructed, I collected the form and handed over the money to them. I didn't sense any foul play since I was not fully involved in the discussion and that the nephew whose identity was cloned is a very Close pal to my mum.

It was when the said pick up person failed to come pick up the document that we realised it is a scam. It surprises me that the scammers numbers still rings but they don't pick.

Can someone suggest how I can track these set of local scammers. I still cant believe it that the mother of a sharp guy can be scammed. I will really appreciate productive way forward.
Re: How Do I Track These Scammers? by yomi007k(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
use the account number u paid into..BVN hasmade life better
Re: How Do I Track These Scammers? by olaoye15(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
yomi007k:
use the account number u paid into..BVN hasmade life better

The payment was by hand

(1) (Reply)

School- Leaver Rapes Four-year-old Girl In Her Brother’s Presence / SAD: Car Conveying Suspected Robbers Fall Off Eko Bridge, 4 Killed (photo) / Great Things Done By History’s Worst Monsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.