Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List (64680 Views)

Have You Heard About The Worlds Poorest President!? / 10 Poorest Countries In Asia 2017 – By GDP Per Capita. / Trump Gives America’s ‘poorest White Town’ Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by walemoney007(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
APCsupporter:

Who pulls you back? With all the allocations and derivations. You have been getting what do you have to show for it? Asari dokubo, tompolo and the rest are not well educated but they are billionaires while you are not getting anything. Even the oil that you people brag about is just a gift from God. Did you work to get the oil? Even if you had a separate country the same ekweremadus and obianos and okorachas will rule and loot the hell out of you. Check any thread that has to do with corruption and see how some people are defending those looters. They wud do the same if you had a separate country and a very few of you will have all that wealth.
I. Prefer to be in a different country Than to be with you Northerners.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by thedarkside: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:
people like you are the problem of Africa....if the Biafrans(igbos) feel they don't want to be part of Nigeria again,how is that your business?

and weaking the ol west-africa??..you dont know what you are saying....

you dont see the bigger picture,because you think the western nations favour you over other black-people...forgeting that you are in black-skin too!!!.

you are just a willfull toy,,,walahi........

oh no monsieur,,we will not give you biafra and watch biafra disintegrate into different new nations in our backyard..

no...

1 Like

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by walemoney007(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
thedarkside:

which kin senseless post be this....Nigeria that cant take care of most of is citizen,is now the one that will protect the ecowas state Do you people think before typing sef.......in the world politics Nigeria is a light weight

1 Like

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by thedarkside: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:
which kin senseless post be this....Nigeria that cant take care of most of is citizen,is now the one that will protect the ecowas state Do you people think before typing sef.......in the world politics Nigeria is a light weight

you wish....
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by APCsupporter: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:
I. Prefer to be in a different country Than to be with you Northerners.

Who wants to be with you? I'm only trying to tell you that even if you have a different country its the same set of people that will rule you. And you know what that means. Your only pride is oil and trust me it isn't that relevant anymore. Look at how oil producing countries are suffering due to over dependence on oil. So hey, the North is not responsible for your woes, its your leaders. Kaduna state alone has more population than 3 Niger delta states but each of them recieves much more allocation than Kaduna. What do you have to show for it? These politicians have used tribalism to program you to blame others for your woes instead of your leaders.

I want you to tell me how the North is dragging you back.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Cletus77(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Blue3k:
I always thought Nigeria should Annex Niger if we could get our act together. I know it would tough since they speak French as their national language. The have nice resources and would be happier under our rule if only to escape soul crushing poverty.
i love you for dis comment. Good idea
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Cletus77(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
divinehand2003:
If Nigeria didn't make the list, then I must confess that your list is not complete. I recommend an immediate review in relation to the current harsh economic wahala Nigerians are facing at the moment.
guy let me ask.. U be kenyan? If u be kenyan shut ur pit toilet.. But if u be Nigerian i want you to tank God, because Nigeria is still doing better than other nations of the world despite what we are passing through, so if u are praying for the downfall of Nigeria, den i have to confess that the best cure to your madness is to simply leave Nigeria to malawi.....or best go hug transformer... Cos ur plan has failed and 2017 Nigeria will rise..... Goat milk!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by divinehand2003(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hi
Cletus77:

guy let me ask.. U be kenyan? If u be kenyan shut ur pit toilet.. But if u be Nigerian i want you to tank God, because Nigeria is still doing better than other nations of the world despite what we are passing through, so if u are praying for the downfall of Nigeria, den i have to confess that the best cure to your madness is to simply leave Nigeria to malawi.....or best go hug transformer... Cos ur plan has failed and 2017 Nigeria will rise..... Goat milk!!!

Oya clap for yourself.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by horrmorr(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
wristbangle:
Na wao o! All of them na African countries. Am not surprise though, black people are naturally greedy and selfish.

Anyway, I will like to see Nigeria among top 20 richest country in the world.

Thanks for your response to that ungrateful soul.
I don't know why some Nigerians always derive pleasure in seeing this country among worst/poor performing nations in the world. Could it be their hatred for the current administration, witchcraft spirit or lost of hope? I just don't get it sad
thanks for d reply
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by EazyMoh(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:
Mr man fvck off with all this your nonsense statistic....north west and north east are the poorest in Nigeria....if it was not for the south..you guys would have being worst than Niger republic......you are free to show me any report that shows northerners living better than the southerners...poor thing
Can't you be matured enough to make your points devoid of curses? Anyway you ar just been sentimental to say the north would be worst than countries like Niger, (or you can provide the indices that support that). And I never said the north's living condition is better than south's.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by breakeven: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Like it or not. What this list show is that the Blackman is the dullest human on earth. The black man is still incapable of governing himself.what a shame!!
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Cletus77(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
[quote author=divinehand2003 post=49238884]Hi

Oya clap for yourself. [/quote am saying the truth and you know it..... Oya guy park well.......
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by slimbj: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
What happened to sierra leone?
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Fidelismaria: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
Dat List Is So Not Complete Without Nigeria On It
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Blue3k(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
1shortblackboy:
guy are u a nazi?

Are you a mouth breather ? They would hopefully come willingly through referendum. We don't live in old days of forcin people to join. It's a time bomb for failure. Russia annexed Crimea through political process.

blueseacats:
Na wao, Nigeria never rule themselves finish na to come add Niger? Guy cool down abeg.

jeffreysawyer007:
Now I know your foolishness knows no bounds... Have you sort and fend for you own citizens?

jeff1993:
........ even as we are like dis ....... ewe are suffering ... talk less of adding Niger to our woes!!!! ....... if Niger were added to Nigeria ..... d new name would b FULAGERIA .....or Fulani republic of africa

You mumu children need to go sit in corner with other children and sharpen your reading comprehension. It cleary says when we get our act together.

Babzilla:

Maybe you should visit Niger first before you conclude that they will be happier with you.... Truth is no one likes Nigerians I know you will say its jealousy but if you put yourselbin theor shoes you will know why

I do think we do have things to offer them. Poverty is a choice on macro scale.

Adex097:

When We dey try evacuate the North, you wan go add Niger join us.

I'm not holding you back have your referendum get un and media attention and enjoy your country. It's for economic benefit in future I would not mind them joining. The violence factor is only thing to consider.

Sirwallace:

You gotta be kidding me if you meant what you said. Annex Niger when we can't even take care of the existing states. Do you know the population of Niger, are you aware they are as violent as our brothers in the north. While some of us think our algamation in 1914 was the beginning of the suffering for Nigeria, you still wanna add salt to the injury.

Like I said, u gotta be kidding me.

I said clearly if we get our act together. Why would we annex any country before that. Getting our act together means [economic freedom, rule of law, property right, fiscal federalism, secularism,and justice in courts Also why would they take offer if we can't help our selves. They better off being tied with devil they know.

The violence if we get our act together we can control that with simple police and military. Then they can get jobs and something to do. I'm sure with proper industry and enforcement of law they would try us knowing we stop out any foolishness. Wealth will make them calm down.

YourNemesis:
Oh, Mother Africa!

NO!, If we can get our act together, we would rather annex the Republic of Benin just closeby here. Niger is useless, Thank You!

That would be nice idea. We would have to first have fiscal federalism because none of these countries would join to be resource slave unless the are really desperate. We just need preconditions in place economic freedom, rule of law, justice, property right.

I do think with propper intelligence on our side we could difference in Niger. Our brain power could start industry since the mainly subsistence farmers. Our ports benefit them not being land locked. InvestMentoring in irrigation etc. The Nigeriens has operational nuke plants to power themselves. We wail in this forum it could never work. They aren't useless they just don't have proper systems.

Fifthcolumnist:

as if our amalgamation with the north isn't enough punishment

Oh well I listed reasons it could work. We just need to get our act together before annexing anyone else.

Cletus77:

i love you for dis comment. Good idea

Thank you. I'm glad someone does.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by mandy1990: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mozambique and somalia are suppose to be among.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by nell2: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
thedarkside:

i know,ipobians would like to see nigeria in the list,,,but it wouldnt be reality...we are not that poor...were never...
everything is Igbos for you, so it is only the ipods that are suffering in this country abii. so we the minority tribes don't have a say.mtcheww
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by walemoney007(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
EazyMoh:

Can't you be matured enough to make your points devoid of curses? Anyway you ar just been sentimental to say the north would be worst than countries like Niger, (or you can provide the indices that support that). And I never said the north's living condition is better than south's.
calculate the gdp of state from the north west and north east....compare it to that of Niger and chad

1 Like

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Codyt(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
wristbangle:

tongue

With God, all things are possible. Don't downgrade Nigeria
You're right Bro. Just kidding
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Leez(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
raker300:
Op, this list that consists only of African countries sha, I know some countries in the amazons that ar seriously poor
guy even in europe greece is mad broke!
op betta do more research nxt tym o
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by EazyMoh(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:
calculate the gdp of state from the north west and north east....compare it to that of Niger and chad
I thought you have already done that to concluded your insinuation.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by walemoney007(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
thedarkside:

you dont see the bigger picture,because you think the western nations favour you over other black-people...forgeting that you are in black-skin too!!!.

you are just a willfull toy,,,walahi........

oh no monsieur,,we will not give you biafra and watch biafra disintegrate into different new nations in our backyard..

no...
aboki can't give anyone Biafra....the only reason Nigeria didn't collapse during the civil war was because it was only the ibos that wanted to leave Nigeria...this time around a lot of southerners are tired of this backward country.....when Nigeria falls apart....if you mallams still want a big country,you can merge with Niger and chad.....

1 Like

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by walemoney007(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
nell2:
everything is Igbos for you, so it is only the ipods that are suffering in this country abii. so we the minority tribes don't have a say.mtcheww
leave that foolish mallam...Nigeria is worse than the way it was in 1960...the best for all of us is just to go our way.....if the mallams want a big country,they can merge with Niger or chad

2 Likes

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Ugosample(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:

No talk that your last statement for public again o shocked
NIGERIA Na lightweight?
Stop talking rubbish please.
Who restored and maintain stability in Sierra Leone and Liberia?
Who was sent to push those AQIM boys into the deserts of Mali?
What of peace keeping in East Africa.

Stop talking out of emotions please
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by fortune242(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nigerians don't read between the lines
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by walemoney007(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ugosample:

No talk that your last statement for public again o shocked
NIGERIA Na lightweight?
Stop talking rubbish please.
Who restored and maintain stability in Sierra Leone and Liberia?
Who was sent to push those AQIM boys into the deserts of Mali?
What of peace keeping in East Africa.

Stop talking out of emotions please
Nigeria army and air force were not the only military personnel in Liberia and sierra Leone..go and read about the two civil war well
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Ugosample(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
walemoney007:
Nigeria army and air force were not the only military personnel in Liberia and sierra Leone..go and read about the two civil war well

Nigeria played a KEY role and still does till today.
We still maintain forces there.
we are responsible for the liberation of many African countries.

But you are too biased, and full of hate to see it.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by lexaydfg(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
God bless me... so I can be a blessing to this people...

Amen

1 Like

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Sodangi77: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
olasircoded:
As cliché as it may be, many believe that money makes the world go round. Upon second thought, this notion really doesn’t seem to be too farfetched at all. In general, some of the most powerful people in the world tend to be the richest ones, and some of the richest people in the world tend to become some of the most powerful. Whether an accurate unit of measurement or not, a multitude of people around the world will end up defining their success through the money they’ve made throughout their lives. If not anything else, money is an easy unit of measurement to work with because it’s probably the only directly quantifiable measure of success there is.

With all of being said, quite possibly the only thing as powerful as having money, is lacking it. There is such an obvious disparity between rich and poor all over the world. Furthermore, even the definition of the word “poor” is relative to the context and location. Having money can surge a nation forward, while not having it can hold a nation back. To see just exactly how powerful this is, here are the Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World.

10 – Guinea (GDP per capita of $523.10)

Typically, the wealth of a country is measured by its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita, which is the purchasing power of all goods and services produced in a country, divided by its population. In essence, this defines the purchasing power of a single person within the country. To begin this list is Guinea, with a GDP per capita of $523.10. Guinea hasn’t seen a period of economic stability since the 1990’s, when their mining and agricultural industries did them well. Since then however, Guinea has fallen victim to sever sociopolitical crises, which rapidly decayed the state of their economy. Much of their economy is still largely based on agriculture, which is difficult because farmers only have access to outdated information and obsolete technology, as investors tend to shy away from the nation entirely.

9 – Ethiopia (GDP per capita of $505.00)

Interestingly enough, Ethiopia has historically been a relatively wealthy nation. Although today, and throughout recent years, this really hasn’t been the case. To its credit, Ethiopia theoretically has the right practices in place. They’ve been undergoing a large political reform, one of the benefits of which is the supposed facilitation of economic growth and stability. In fact, since 2007, Ethiopia has places itself above many sub-Saharan African nations in terms of its economic performance. Although regardless of this, it remains one of the poorest nations in the world, only holding a GDP per capita of $505.00. This is a result of Ethiopia’s large population, and dependence on a poorly funded, underdeveloped, and vulnerable agricultural industry as a staple in their economy.

8 – The Gambia (GDP per capita of $488.60
Next on the list is The Gambia, both one of the African continent’s smallest and

poorest nations. With an area of roughly 11,000 square kilometers, and a population of roughly 1.8 million people, The Gambia struggles immensely with trying to make economic leaps forward. Although there are multiple factors to consider, what is likely their biggest hindrance is the lack of diversity within their economic system. The Gambia relies primarily, and almost solely, on farming and fishing to drive their economy. Both of these are incredibly vulnerable to poor weather conditions. It also doesn’t help that the soil fertility of the farming land is typically low, further decreasing both the quantity and quality of seasonal yields. These alone causes several ripple effects towards their economy and the subsequent living conditions that the people of the nation have to endure. With a GDP per capita of $488.60, and over half of the population living well under the poverty line, the people of The Gambia are subject to such a poor standard of living that the nation falls into a “hunger season” when rainfall is at its peak.

7 – Democratic Republic of the Congo (GDP per capita of $484.20

Directly juxtaposing the previous entry in the list, the Democratic Republic of the Congo is Africa’s second largest country, holding a staggering population of roughly 77 million people. A large population isn’t always a good thing however, as (especially with poorer nations) this just means there is less money to go around. What is even more intriguing about this case, however, is the fact that the Democratic Republic of the Congo is actually very rich in valuable natural resources. Similarly, the land expands over 2.35 million square kilometers, much of which is forests, although it also holds a great expanse of farmable lands and waters. In spite of all of these things, the Democratic Republic of the Congo has been subject to a very unstable, corrupt political system that has been holding back the potential of the nation’s wealth drastically. As a result of this, with a GDP per capita of $484.20, a large portion of the nation’s people remain unemployed, and their lack of money thus results in their living within greatly inadequate living conditions.

6 – Madagascar (GDP per capita of $463.00

Although this remains a list of the world’s poorest nations, some of the nations on this list are actually making progress in securing economic stability for themselves. Madagascar, unfortunately, is not one of these countries. Over the last 20 years, the standard of living within this island country has declined significantly. With a population of more than 20 million people, Madagascar has a GDP per capita of $463.00, with about 70 percent of the nation’s people living under the poverty line. Once again reliant primarily on agriculture, the vulnerability of the industry, lack of potent farming land, and the growing population only make their economic situation worse and worse over time.

5 – Liberia (GDP per capita of $454.30)

The Second Liberian Civil war was a conflict within Liberia that lasted from 1999 all the way through 2003. A quick look at history will show that wars generally don’t leave involved nations economically intact as a result. Liberia is no exception to this. Having just been subject to a 14 year-long political conflict that not only ravaged lands, but also needed to make use of some of Liberia’s already finite resources, the nation was left economically crumbled by the civil war. It is also of no benefit that Liberia is, once again, primarily reliant on agriculture to drive its economy. The GDP per capita of the war-torn nation stands at $454.30, and in 2010, it was estimated that more than 80 percent of the nation’s people were living less with less than $1.25 per day. With low yields due to old farming technologies, as well as having overall poor infrastructure, Libera only marks the halfway point down this list of the poorest countries in the world.

4 – Niger (GDP per capita of $415.40)

Aside from being one of the world’s poorest, Niger stands as one of the world’s most underdeveloped nations across several categories. Although it continues to make developments in reducing infant mortality, and enhancing education, the development category of poverty has unfortunately remained rather stagnant, keeping the nation’s GDP per capita at $415.40. Niger’s economy is driven by two main forces: the extraction of valuable natural resources available within the nation (including gold, uranium, and even oil), and small-scale agriculture. Unfortunately, both of these economic sources can easily be devastated by random shifts in climate and weather, and thus Niger has struggled in developing themselves economically.

3 – Central African Republic (GDP per capita of $333.20)

Like Liberia, the Central African Republic has in the past been victim to war and

significant political instability. The landlocked central African nation also supports very, very poor infrastructure, thus limiting the efficiency of the distribution of the nation’s resources. Furthermore, this nation also shares similarities with most other African nations in that its economy is mostly directed by agriculture, although an estimated 45 percent of the Central African Republic’s export revenues are from diamonds. However, because of the poor infrastructure and governance that the nation has to deal with, only about 4 percent of the actual arable land that the nation holds is actually used. As a result, the majority of the working population that works within the industry suffer immensely, holding the nation to a GDP per capita of $333.20.

2 – Burundi (GDP per capita of $267.10)

Having suffered from recurring violence and political disputes, it is no surprise that Burundi ranks as the second poorest nation in the world, even though the country is working tirelessly to rebuild itself. Aside from the estimated 300,000 civilian casualties resulting in a 67 percent poverty rate, the violent political rivalries were also detrimental to Burundi’s agricultural development. Even now, the nation ravaged by war holds very little farmable land, and any land that may be used for small-scale farming is still fragile due to the vulnerability to shifting climates and weather conditions. With the population growing rapidly, food prices rising, and a GDP per capita of $267.10, Burundi places as the second poorest country in the world.

1 – Malawi (GDP per capita of $226.50)

Holding a population of 16 million while also being one of the smallest African nation doesn’t set you up for accumulation or distribution of wealth. Arguable the most underdeveloped nation in the world, Malawi suffers greatly in essentially all categories available. Access to education, general standard of healthcare, infrastructure, and quality of living conditions are all limited or substandard. Because the nation is unable to develop in general, they’re for all intents and purposes stuck with trying to drive their economy using only the most primitive levels of agriculture. With common weather variations, as well as injuries and fatalities facilitated by poor health care, Malawi’s world lowest GDP per capita of $226.50 doesn’t seem like it will be rising too significantly any time soon.

Sometimes days may seem tough. Maybe things just didn’t go the way you want, or perhaps you’re frustrated with where your life stands currently. While many may have perfectly valid reasons for frustration, it is equally as important to take moments everyday to appreciate the reasons your life may be great. There’s privilege to be seen everywhere, even in something so simple as the internet connection required for you to have read this article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEOCXcPp04

http://gazettereview.com/2016/06/top-10-poorest-countries-world/
Tnx God 9ja is nt among, Den 4 say na Buhari cause Sam. Hater's eh?
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
What's wrong with the Black race?
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Henrichemeka(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Wrong list, where is Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anti-trump Protesters Vandalise Cars And Banks / 100 Days Of Hell, Remembering The Rwanda Genocide In Harrowing Photos. / Birds Are Falling From The Sky In India ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.