Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival (47169 Views)

Soldier Who Brutalised Her Niece Replies: 'She Is Not A Virgin At Her Age' / Man Stabbed Daughter To Death A Day To Her Wedding In Anambra / 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
pippimp:

If you are a student who does not have a green card, and you don't speak these Nigerian Languages you will not be accepted. If you have a green card then you don't have to speak those languages.

ok
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by greggng: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
sekundosekundo:

But the said he's the one that dropped in at the NDA gate.

He is desperate. Sure he reported for registration but he never told them he had an accident. Assuming he did that, he would ve received prompt treatment and even if he was dropped, that would ve been better for him than hiding an accident that resulted in his death. Whichever way you look at it the guy is wrong. I know the situation in Nigeria makes people to be desperate at the expense of their lives. I could remember when I sat for oral English while in secondary school . I was given a passage to read and for fear of failure I started immediating how the white people speak. When I started reading and twisting my tongue, the examiner was laughing at me. Latter he encourage me to be myself and stop forming what I am not. I managed to pass but I learnt a lesson .desperation is not always helpful
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Amiano(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
nextprince:

Which compensation is this one talking about? Even if he died as a result of the rigorous training, which compensation are u talking about? Apparently, u don't know what Parents' Attestation is all about.

This is nt as a result of rigorous training. Dis is more or less a murder.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Amiano(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
[quote author=petomas post=49241947][/quote]

Does it now mean that senior cadets are at liberty to kill junior cadet members and notin will happen?

1 Like

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Kevwelize: 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
flokii:

It's not about Buhari.. It's about everyone.
We knw almost everybody in d country is corrupt, but dnt shield or stage protest when pple are being questioned or asked to give account.. We can start from there and get somewhere.. cheers!
While I don't support corrupt activities government must as a matter of priority address the fundamental issues of governance and not channel all its energy into fighting corruption while leaving the economy in disarray. As it stands today, people are no longer interested in the issue of corruption because of the severity of the hunger in the land. So in providing good leadership the leader must give all aspect of governance serious attention if he really wants to leave indelible marks in the heart of the people. That is the way to go because the tenure is just four years.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by klbakare(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Buhari o!
Meanwhile, i'm also a victim, i resigned a day after i got the beatings of my life.
I wept uncontrollably like a baby,
ARMY is for the strong hearted, he wouldn't get such beatings if he was a son of a politician tho.
Check my dp.

Guy no be small "bajinatu" u carry for your d.p ooo
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
pippimp:

We call it hazing. It used to be a tradition we used to do back in the day. When you outrank someone or you are in a position because of authority, we would band together and bully the hell outta that Soldier. I remember the first day i met my squad leader, he looked at me as said "drop", which is another word for start doing push ups. I was wondering what i did wrong. I pushed for almost 30 minutes. Then he asked me if i was not going to ask why i was pushing. That was a trap. You never ever ask "why", you just do. I asked why and he told me it was because i was s.tupid. I didn't say anything. He then asked if i wasn't going to ask why was i s.tupid. He said because i came in as an E1 that i did not go to school. At the time, i only had my Nigerian degree and i did not know i could have converted my credits to an American one. Anyway, it was a wake up call. That was a long long time ago. Now, you try that shiit, you get relieved of rank and duty. If there is bodily harm because of your actions, you'll be spending the next couple of years at fort Leavenworth. Bad place. The army has evolved. Now we are expected to live up to a certain standard. We use our minds as much as we use physical efforts to solve problems. It is an absolute must now that if you are going to be a Sergeant, you have to have a degree, treat everyone with respect and dignity. The army noticed that with that behavior of hazing, they were grooming animals because on my first deployment, we went crazy. Shooting up every and anything in sight. A car blocks our path? BOOM, we blow it up. Sniper in a tree? We level the whole block. We had zero problem solving skills. We got high just from the action. What we did not realize was that as Soldiers our first job was to protect, not to harm or destroy. Now things have changed immensely. We are professionals and are expected to act like one. I wonder when the Nigerian military will start thinking like that?
Very interesting piece 30 mins push ups oga mi U strong O.
The Nigerian Millitary has a long way to go and like most problems it starts with the mentality of the people.
The average Nigerian will oppress his fellow man. Imagine giving such an individual a uniform and a gun and u can imagine the carnage that person will go and commit. The military guys will agree that hazing is an issue but the mentality is "I was hazed and it didnt kill me so let the suffer as I suffered". The so called training just makes them more bitter and ready to vent. What I find most annoying is if you are angry at the system, then rage against that system but being angry at the average civilian because "you can get away with it" Sounds like a cowardly move to me but to them thats gallantry...and we have some equally stùpid civilians who support such behaviour.
Bro if I siddon begin talk their matter space go finish I b

2 Likes

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Codyt(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
gbadexy:
The internal bleeding and stitch is consistent with beating.
If it was before registration, the head stitch would have been fresh and obvious and he probably would have been rejected based on his supposed fear.
Nigga said it all

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Cityguy: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nothing pains more than knowing someone cheated you and there's virtually nothing you can do about that! The father drove his boy there and someone is saying he had an 'accident' on his way to report. Did they know it was the father that dropped him off at the gate? You can now imagine how the man must feel after reading that from the military authority. May his gentle soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Ofemmanu1: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
uchwar1:
u resigned and u still have that pic on ur dp? ITK
Yeah, i resigned in cadet, went back to school and rejoined via short service.
It's always better that way.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Faculty14(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mehn
NDA is no jokejoke lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Kevsman(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
He died serving job, we went through the same thing in Depot NA, God bless our hustle, God bless the Nigerian Army
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by mikolo80: 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
osarenmwienda:
what to do?
I only pity the parents
why
You think it's play they play in Nda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Henrichemeka(m): 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
So after these stories this guy will just go like that
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
so!!!!!!all these boys wey no strong... ona use connection enter army bah??those that are willing never scale thru.

...because the govt don't value the skills of willing Nigerians.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Frankicent(m): 3:03am On Sep 11, 2016
ministeriallist:

How can someone slum in a queue and sustain internal injury? Why is this man hiding the truth?
what do you think the truth is?

1 Like

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by nextprince: 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
nams77:

A situation where some bunch of misguided misfits called senior cadets descends on a young lad and beat him to death is called rigorous training? No wonder this country aint moving forward with reasonings like this. This rubbish can't happen in western climes. The NDA would be sued for every single kobo they are worth!
The father said he dropped the boy at the gate, the NDA authority said he had accident while on his way to camp...hmmm. I smell something
Bro, forget all these stories, military training is not something u can pretend about. Or u think NDA is ABU or UI? The report did not say all the cadets died, but one and it is not an aberration. How did others survive it? Are u expecting the senior cadets to start playing the game of chess with them or what? Let me tell u, in military training if u are not healthy, there is just no way u can survive it. We are talking about military not paramilitary like immigration, custom etc for God's sake. I know some of u just like hiding behind keypads to spew what u know nothing about.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by nextprince: 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
mikolo80:
why
You think it's play they play in Nda
I just tire oh!
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by nextprince: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Cityguy:
Nothing pains more than knowing someone cheated you and there's virtually nothing you can do about that! The father drove his boy there and someone is saying he had an 'accident' on his way to report. Did they know it was the father that dropped him off at the gate? You can now imagine how the man must feel after reading that from the military authority. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Guy, nobody forced him to go to nda and the training school is not a place where u start pretending about ur medical status.If u are sick, there is no way u can survive it. Do u think military training is about jugging alone then graduate and start wearing uniform? Some of u must very funny.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by uchwar1: 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Yeah, i resigned in cadet, went back to school and rejoined via short service. It's always better that way.
ok i understand. dssc or SSC?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by wildice2(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

. oga stop all this ur false story u are not a soldier stop impersonating or else u will get ur self in trouble if u are a real soldier tell me what's ur army number and were do u serve. am a barrack boy and I know a soldier when I see one but u are not one

1 Like

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by juman(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2016
The boy was murdered.

pippimp:

We call it hazing. It used to be a tradition we used to do back in the day. When you outrank someone or you are in a position because of authority, we would band together and bully the hell outta that Soldier. I remember the first day i met my squad leader, he looked at me as said "drop", which is another word for start doing push ups. I was wondering what i did wrong. I pushed for almost 30 minutes. Then he asked me if i was not going to ask why i was pushing. That was a trap. You never ever ask "why", you just do. I asked why and he told me it was because i was s.tupid. I didn't say anything. He then asked if i wasn't going to ask why was i s.tupid. He said because i came in as an E1 that i did not go to school. At the time, i only had my Nigerian degree and i did not know i could have converted my credits to an American one. Anyway, it was a wake up call. That was a long long time ago. Now, you try that shiit, you get relieved of rank and duty. If there is bodily harm because of your actions, you'll be spending the next couple of years at fort Leavenworth. Bad place. The army has evolved. Now we are expected to live up to a certain standard. We use our minds as much as we use physical efforts to solve problems. It is an absolute must now that if you are going to be a Sergeant, you have to have a degree, treat everyone with respect and dignity. The army noticed that with that behavior of hazing, they were grooming animals because on my first deployment, we went crazy. Shooting up every and anything in sight. A car blocks our path? BOOM, we blow it up. Sniper in a tree? We level the whole block. We had zero problem solving skills. We got high just from the action. What we did not realize was that as Soldiers our first job was to protect, not to harm or destroy. Now things have changed immensely. We are professionals and are expected to act like one. I wonder when the Nigerian military will start thinking like that?

Hmmmm.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by nams77: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
nextprince:

Bro, forget all these stories, military training is not something u can pretend about. Or u think NDA is ABU or UI? The report did not say all the cadets died, but one and it is not an aberration. How did others survive it? Are u expecting the senior cadets to start playing the game of chess with them or what? Let me tell u, in military training if u are not healthy, there is just no way u can survive it. We are talking about military not paramilitary like immigration, custom etc for God's sake. I know some of u just like hiding behind keypads to spew what u know nothing about.
My friend you misunderstood me. If the boy died in actual training, then I wouldn't bate an eyelid but a situation where some bunch of misfits parading themselves as seniors decide to punish and play pranks on new intakes leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Its people like you that condones rubbish in this country. Smh
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by xtainzy(m): 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
The academY is not responsible for his death you people should stop saying rubish nda is not meant for soft heart its for real men
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by jelal007(m): 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Zane2point4:
There mates in the west have upgraded from physical training to mental training, they are still using their hand to bully ppl, that is why i asked one nigerian military officer that blw an ak 47 and sniper which one is more accurate, the jonsing man said ak 47,i jux nooded and left in disbelieve.
Bros,leave those people oo. I showed a soldier the photo of the chief of defence staff,he doesn't even the rank insignia worn on his shoulders. I just laughed. Na why after 50+yrs,we still dey use AK47;outdated weapon.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by mangojuice(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

hello sir, how is short service commission conversion to regular commission like?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by mangojuice(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2016
xtainzy:
The academY is not responsible for his death you people should stop saying rubish nda is not meant for soft heart its for real men
fool
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Nile68: 12:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
"NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY WITHDRAW 30 CADETS OF 68RC     The NDA withdraw over 30 cadets in the so called best military academy in Africa as a result of unorganized administration .  The Withdrawer of the cadets was caused by an increase in the blood pressure of the cadets which was framed due to their hidden plans,in which the blood pressure was examined immediately after a massive punishment (hunching,pinning of head,forward roll etc) three days after resumptiin ,NDA as a reputable institution should no that the increase in blood pressure was caused as a result of the civilian nature trying to adapt to the training in the first week of resumption,asides that some of the withdrawn cadets were not tested for malaria,fever or any health issue that could trigger such occurrence. The academy conducted series of test before admitting the cadets and they acknowledged them fit for the job,after series of interview,expenses travelling,admission etc The terrifying part was that after the cadets has been getting adapted to the military training close to 2months without any casualty on the withdrawn cadets the commandant ordered them to be withdrawn,despite the review was cconducted on two different occasion and  certified them fit, The cause of the Withdrawer may be due to political reasons ,may be as a result of the candidates of the commandants and some top generals are in the reserve list,it might be because of the pressure that was on the academy over the loss of two cadets that was maliciously beaten to death in which proper action as not been taken e.t.c The cadets are hoping to be called back to the academy because review has been done for the withdrawn cadets at the academy and all was recorded normal on two occasions... Please help rebroadcast this because Nigerians are been cheated ,blood pressure is not static. VOICE OUT TO THE NIGERIA MILLITARY  Moreover the cadets has signed the parent or guardian consent form. Please help REPOST Nigerians are been cheated please REPOST TILL NECESSARY ACTION TAKEN...    IT WILL BE AT THE RISK OF THE NATION AND THW MILLITARY TO NEGLET THE ISSUES OF THOSE CADETS WITHDRAWN FOR BP BECAUSE OF THEIR EXPOSURE TO MILLITARY TRAINING,MOREOVER THEIR PARENTS SIGNED CONSENT FORM.      TO OUR SUPRISE THE DAY WE WERE WITHDRAWN THAT WAS THE DAY THOSE  ON RESERVE WERE CALLED,POLITICS!!!!!"
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Nile68: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
All comments saying the cadets is not strong I pray u get admitted and encounter such
Do u no what is called malice at NDA?
The senior cadet can just separate you alone and start beating you...,sometimes they hit you in delicate part
Don't think being strong will make you survive NDA,its God favour only,strong and body build cadet are dying so never say he entered through connection.
The cadets was beating badly and the senior has been relegated
Over 30 cadets were even withdrawn because of blood pressure which was taken immediately after punishment(job) ...and review was conducted on two different occasions ,the blood pressure was normal ,
After a month NDA WITHDREW OVER 30 CADETS FOR BP
Many funny things happens at NDA
BLOOD PRESSURE IS NOT STATIC
BLOOD PRESSURE SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AFTER PUNISHMENTS
BP CAN BE CAUSED DUE TO MALARIA,TYPHOID ETC
NDA IS UNPREDICTABLE ,THOSE CADETS ARE NOW LEFT MISRABLE AND HOPLESS
AFTER PASSING THROUGH MEDICAL TEST DURING INTERVIEW
AFTER TRAINING FOR TWO MONTHS
Am a cadet but anonymous for safety purpose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trader, 37, Docked For Allegedly Hypnotising Woman, Duping Her N700,000 / Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta / Yellow: Abba Kyari, Police Capture Notorious Abuja Kidnap Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.