Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,430 members, 7,932,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:11 AM

Choices - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices (238628 Views)

Choices / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Ten Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
I dey pity Solo oo cry or maybe Francess is here to have that dude that removed her rose.

1 Like

Re: Choices by Gloria007(f): 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2017
Solomon can't eat his cake and have it

1 Like

Re: Choices by yusufibrahim(m): 6:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Boss the king Solomon nice work it's nice to be back..... Happy new year
Re: Choices by PrettyMizQdot(f): 8:53am On Jan 03, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]
Compliment of d season, Mr. Solomon.
Nice so far.. Kwonteanue

1 Like

Re: Choices by cerowo(f): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
This would really be bad 4 solomon

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
Chapter 3 contd

Dotun later called that evening to know how the meeting went and with difficulty, I lied that all went well. I hated lying to her and had seldom done up until then but that I had to do because it was necessary. I threw the third bottle of sprite to the thrash and decided to start with my plans immediately. I drove back to the venue of the feast which had already been concluded so I wasn’t surprised that I didn’t see the vengeful being there. I saw a few pastors and church officials there but decided to start with the security guards as I didn’t want strange looks from those people should I ask if they had happened to see any one that looked like Francess.

I went to the security personnel in charge of the provincial centre, I asked for us to be alone before I started with the questions. I greeted him in our unique way of doing so in our church before going straight to the point,
“Sir, I am sorry to bother you at this hour but I will need your help in this matter, please.” He nodded before folding his hands which gave me the go-ahead.

“I invited a young woman who should be in her late twenties or thereabout. She was on a black gown with that shiny stuff on it; she was also on glasses too. I need to know if you saw here after the event because she doesn’t know this area well as she was on a business trip from Rivers but just decided to be here due to our close friendship. I had an emergency call and had to leave a while ago but told her to wait for me only for me to return now and she is nowhere to be found. I have called her lines and searched for her around but there seems to be no breakthrough, please did you by any chance see this woman leave here, please it’s very important.”

I pleaded with the man and hoped that the man bought the story which he did and said,
“I think I saw the woman you described, I think because the lady seemed to actually know what she was doing unlike what you said about her being new to this place. There were lots of cars and very few people came on foot, she was one of those who didn’t come with a car which was the reason why I was able to see her in the first place.
She greeted us just as you did which means that is likely a member but that’s not the point, I saw her hail a taxi not too far from our post before getting in which suggests she knew where she was going and she was doing. So, I don’t think you should be too bothered, she might be heading to a place where she doesn’t want you to know or something like that. I am certain she will call you, don’t let your mind be troubled, I am sure you know how women are.”

I nodded and thanked him before taking my leave. Damn, Francess wasn’t playing around with me; she was truly out to destroy me by all means possible. She didn’t come with any car because she didn’t want to be traced through any means which leaves me with nothing to use to get to her. I had no phone number I could her with, no knowledge of any social media accounts that I knew of and no address whatsoever. Even while we dated, I had no clue where she lived and never bothered to ask because I could never visit her. I was in the dark and right where she wanted me to be, Damn it! I screamed, hitting the steering wheel of my car and nearly breaking my wrist in the process.

How could I find this woman was what occupied my mind for the next few weeks but just like the day I saw her, I had no breakthroughs. She was clean and left nothing for me to use to get to her, she wanted to be the one controlling everything, something she had always enjoyed doing. I couldn’t ask for her records to be searched through in U.I to have her address given to me. No, I couldn’t, I wasn’t that connected yet.

I tried my best not to let my frustration show as the days rolled by and the date for introduction drew closer. Dotun never suspected for once if something was wrong which was good for me. I didn’t want to see anything hurt her but if I was unable to find anything to stop Francess then I should kill her because I knew that day would turn out to be horrible for the both of us especially her. I thought of moving the date of the intro but if I had to, there had to be a solid reason for that, and that I didn’t have then. So, I watched as the day grew closer and closer until I drove that Saturday to where my mum was staying, where the whole thing would take place.

I greeted my mum, Dad, my beautiful siblings and a few relatives who graced the occasion. I didn’t want those people there but mum said that it was important that they were for reason best known to her. Dotun arrived with her mum, elder brother and a few family members. We all exchanged greetings and soon it was time for the show to begin and that was when everything crashed, that was the moment my world fell apart right in front of me and I could barely do anything to stop it.

We were stopped; actually my Dad had to stop his speech because of the loud screams of a woman outside who was seeking to be let in.
“Let me go, let me go, you filthy human and address your useless master.” Were her exact words, while people were surprised as to who was that, I knew who it was?

Now as soon as I got into the compound, I warned the dude at the gate not to allow a woman that looked like Francess in. I described her perfectly for him not to miss her but what I didn’t expect was her to force her way in by pushing the gate against the man as soon as the man opened it to find out who was there. Francess used that as an avenue to get in and the rest was history.

I thought of going out to stop her but doing so would only add fuel to a raging flame, I decided to stay put and let my Dad do the job of finding out what was wrong. Francess seeing my Dad and not me quickly changed tactics and started weeping so hard, my Dad was forced or I would use moved to let her in and explain to all what was wrong which was a grave mistake on his part. The moment Francess locked eyes with me; she grinned and just as quickly returned to her weeping state. She was on tight pants and a loosed blouse which had been ruffled due to her tussle with the gate man, her hair was all over the place which gave her a wild look together with her glasses.

“Young woman, why are you here since you were clearly not invited?” My Dad asked.

She didn’t answer at first but continued with her tears, an act she was doing really well.
“Solomon, this is how you want to pay me back despite my loyalty, faithfulness and unwavering love, you bastard?” She suddenly asked with everyone in the room looking confused and turning to look at me. I didn’t say anything; I couldn’t anyway because that would give her the needed motivation to go on. I hoped that my silence would discourage her but no, she had been preparing for this day for years, with or without me, she was hell bent on completing her task.

“Did you and my son have any relationship together?” My Dad asked yet again.

“Have?” Francess scoffed before saying,
“We were a couple in school then, at least that was what he made to believe but I didn’t know he was just out to destroy my shining destiny. We dated all through the university with the promise that he would take me to his parents as soon as we were done. I visited him in Lagos when he was still living with his mother but during those periods, he refused to show me to his family despite my insistence. I didn’t hold it against him though because I loved him. I loved this bastard so much I aborted six babies for the devil, the last one had complications with the doctor telling me that I might never be able to conceive anymore but I wasn’t too bothered after all I was doing it for the man I loved.”

At this juncture, everyone turned to look at me but I just kept a straight face and continued watching Francess as she went about lying and me wondering when she ever even got pregnant.

“He played me well and deflowered me and introduced me to all forms of sexual pleasure that benefited only him including anal sex.”

“Jesus.”

“God forbid.”

“Abasi.” I heard one of the relatives of Dotun exclaim, these reactions only motivated Francess even more.

“ Yes, anal sex. He defiled me there but I took it all in good faith because I was foolishly in love with the demon. I did all this and passed through so many horrible things because of this idiot, holding on to the promise of marriage but what did he do? He instead dumped me and seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth and it wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I got wind of him and his plans to settle down with another woman. His proposal was on the net and people were happy for him and his fiancée but what they didn’t was that he was the devil himself.

He ruined my life and think he can just get away with it, no way; I will instead die than see you marry another woman. It’s either me or no one else.” She ended her speech and without much ado, Dotun’ relatives stood up, spat on the tiled floor before taking their leave. A crying Dotun stood up with her mum and left followed by her brother.

I was beyond shock at the lies Francess had just cooked up against me, accusations that I couldn’t disprove especially due to the contents. No one wants to hear their son or daughter was involved in anal sex, it was an abomination and frowned on all fronts in the Nigerian society. Francess kept crying and my family members were still quiet. I decided to stand up and go after Dotun, I had nothing to say to her but I just had to do something.

I found her with her mum who was petting her, I called to her but her mum answered,

“I had always known you were no good, you were far too smooth with conversations and discussions. I knew your type and tried to warn my daughter but she refused to listen but thank God she was saved. My God did not fail me and exposed you before you turned her to your sexual toy.” She said and dragged her daughter towards the gate but I wasn’t ready to give up just yet, I went after Dotun and got a firm slap on my cheek from her mum.

“Stay away from my family, sodomite.” She nearly screamed, the last word stung me like a scorpion bite and had me rooted to my feet, unable to move. I never wanted to be called that, ever, hearing it broke my heart and right there I realized I was reaping what I had sown.

I couldn’t go after Dotun and couldn’t return to the house either because I didn’t want to face my Dad but then, just as I knew him, he came out and confronted me but I wasn’t listening. My mind was on how Francess knew the location of our previous house in Lagos because I never told her, something didn’t feel right. It was like she was helped by someone who knew me too well, it couldn’t be Tolu, I was certain and all this wasn’t actually her but then I couldn’t be sure, she might have actually done her homework. But I had this nagging feeling that this was beyond Francess, someone else was behind this.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
yusufibrahim:
Boss the king Solomon nice work it's nice to be back..... Happy new year

....Happy new year too bro. I saw your mention...big thanks
Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
Karma no dey look face ooh but Francess too will pay for lying. Karma doesn't even care whether it used you to serve some else judgement, it just service you too grin

1 Like

Re: Choices by cerowo(f): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
Francess sabi lie 4 africa buh i knw karma will catch up with her at d right tmy am jst sorry 4 Dotun, it wldnt b easy 4 her at all

1 Like

Re: Choices by Daeveed(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
This Ain't The Time To Wait For Karma.. Its Time For Investigating The Mole That Gives Francess Information.. And Try To Liberate Yourself.. *because already Francess has destroyed your image*

1 Like

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Where is Solo. Com and sama us wetin happen aftermath oo

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Chapter 4
My Stalker

“…From today, you are no son of mine, I renounce you as my son…” were the last words I heard from my Dad as I was unable to hear the words leaving his lips earlier. My mind was far away. His announcement brought a scream from the lips of my mother and that action pushed me to get into my car and leave.

I didn’t care about my Dad’ opinion of me and his renouncement of his first son , that wasn’t my headache then, I was looking for a way to get back the woman that gave my life meaning again. The woman who had just been hurt and eternally embarrassed by the lies of another I had something with. I had to find a way to even the scales or at least speak with her, a single audience with her could change the whole thing but I had her mother to contend with. I had to try though.

I couldn’t call her immediately as I knew she wouldn’t pick as she was still likely in pains. I drove home with a void in me and settled down to another round of sprite. I sat on my couch completely lost and still in shock at what had just happened a while ago. I thought Francess knew too much about me that I never told her and very few persons knew. She knew that my family were devoted Christians and had to bring up the most despicable things concerning sex to ruin me completely. It was a very efficient plan and got the job done as I had nothing to use to defend myself. Even if I had something to use to counter her, it was my word against a woman who was playing the victim card well.

It was just like the event that occurred in my third year at school, I lost two beautiful in one day and just today, I lost my family and the perfect woman for me. The woman I had waited for like forever and I just had to ruin everything because of my past that has refused to leave me. Perhaps, I should have told Dotun a little about my horrible past but instead I denied being a player, just a guy unlucky with women. The thinking that I could always find a way around things, that I could always get away with anything has not only caught up with me but also ruined me.

I slept off thinking of the way out, thinking of what words I could use in erasing the pains and trauma Dotun might have and still be passing through right now. I woke up due to the heat early the next morning and decided to visit the bathroom. As I prepared to take my bath, I called Dotun not once, not twice, not thrice but she refused to pick. I stopped after the tenth call and resorted to text messages, which I never got a reply to. I managed to shower and it was longest ever as the image of Dotun in tears kept replaying in my head. The running water couldn’t seem to wash it off and I hated myself that moment, I hated myself for hurting her, I hated myself for entangling myself with something that stupid – being a player.

I had only thought of the pains I caused Dotun, how about my mother who taught she had raised a good child, a great one and not a sodomite. My dad will have his time teasing and mocking her, I had just given him another reason to hurt her emotionally. What was I thinking when I decided to play not just any pretty, sexy girl but equally intelligent ones. If I wanted to go the bad way, why didn’t I go for dumb ones who were swayed by money? If I wanted just womanliness, why didn’t just go for the classy runs girls than ruining my future because of my flawed choices?

I slid down the bathroom wall and sat there, letting the water wash over me as I thought of my next course of action. I didn’t want to think about the previous night as the deed was done and I couldn’t possibly do anything to change it. Trying to pull of the images of that afternoon now melted to the skull of everyone present that day will be askin to crying over spilled milk. I couldn’t also pull any vengeful stunt on Francess as I knew I couldn’t possibly locate her. She could be anywhere across the country right now or even beyond the borders. She had waited for the right moment and struck with devastating accuracy while all I could do was watch. The only thing I could do was try to get Dotun to see me, even it was for the last time.

I didn’t go to church that Sunday because I didn’t think I had any reason to, my life was back to being the meaningless cycle I thought I had found a way around, well until the previous day. I later left the bathroom when I was sure there was little or no water in the tank anymore. I tried calling Dotun again and still she didn’t pick. That Sunday went with me calling and texting with no replies from neither platform. I got to work the next day, dejected and miserable and managed to go through the day’s work without putting my frustration on any of my employees. I closed early in the hope that I would find Dotun at her boutique but she wasn’t there, I knew she would be at home and drove down there.

The gate which was always opened was now locked. I knocked anyway and the gate man answered, an ibo man who was really lazy. As soon as he opened, I tried to get in but he stopped my walk by blocking the entrance.

“Baba, I wan enter na, make I pass.” I said, surprised at his behavior like he didn’t know me. He shot me a glare after I said that before replying me,

“You get house for here wey you wan enter abi whick kind yeye talk be that.” He said which shocked me,

“ Baba, we dey fight?” I asked,

“I no no that one, all I know be say madam say make I no allow you enter this compound again, say she no wan see you for here. I no no wetin you do am but the way that small rat dey shout for my head that day, that girl wey no senior my last born use my eyes see that day because of you eh. Make I no talk too much, just no carry your legs waka come here again, I no want wahala, abeg.” He said, raising his voice a bit as he spoke. I nodded and turned around because I didn’t want to cause a scene.

If Helen was the one who directed him not to let me in, then the situation must be worst than I had feared. Her mother must have gotten to her and made her see the errors of her ways. I sighed deeply and got into the car, defeated.

I continued with my routine of calls and texts for the next two weeks until I started getting the reply that her phone was switched off, blah, blah. I had stopped going to her place of business because she was never there and the girls were getting tired of telling me the same thing everyday. I went at odd times even early in the mornings but had no successs finding her.

After the replies of her phone being switched off, I gave up because she wasn’t relpying me on social media and later blocked me on all platforms after my numerous messages. I didn’t know her church and wasn’t friends with anyone who was close to her. Everything looked blink and slowly, I realized that I had finally ruined another blossoming relationship by my own antecedents, something that had slowly become my trademark.

Losing Dotun wasn’t the worst that was to come though or ruining another relationship but the fact that I started receiving official letters from some corporations that they were sorry they had to terminate any contract they had with me because they couldn’t do business with a flawed image. Yes, a flawed image, that was what most of them used, while a few actually used the word, gay. I didn’t know what to do then, either to cry or laugh at my seemingly unending misfortunes over one month. I, Solomon a gay? Is this how low Francess or whoever was behind this would go just to destroy me?

All wasn’t lost though because a week after the inflow of the official letters accusing me of what I was not, I got a visit from Ore. I wasn’t expecting her and was a bit happy to see her even if I would have wished it was Dotun instead walking through that door. She had her usual light-the-room-kind-of smile on her face and took her seat in my office before I even asked her to.

“Are the rumours true?” she asked almost immediately
“What rumours?” I asked, confused.

“Well, that you are bisexual or completely gay.” She said which didn’t shock me.

“And where did you get wind of this?” I asked.

“Do you really have to ask me that? I got the info for our manager who told me and we both laughed over it. He said he wasn’t going to cancel the company’s contract with you even though some of his friends that had dealings with you thought otherwise. It was then I realized just how far you have gone in this business of yours in such a short time. So, are the rumours true?”

“Of course not, it’s just someone I hurt way back in school getting back at me. She was just out to ruin my forthcoming marriage and sadly, she succeeded.”

“Wait, wait, wait, did I just heard you say marriage?” She asked, surprised.

“Yes, I had my introduction about three weeks ago and that was when hell broke loose. I lost everything I really cared for that day.” I replied not looking at Ore to see the scowl and rage in her eyes as I was speaking. I noticed her silence and finally saw her reaction which made me ask.

“ What is it?”

“So, I meant nothing to you when you were screwing me left and right when you were actually planning getting married behind my back?” She asked which made me chuckle.

“I haven’t screwed you or whatever for months now since I got serious with the lady, besides you had your own boyfriend. I really don’t understand why you are angry.” She hissed after what I said and left my office in a foul mode. I just laughed which was the first in several weeks and took my phone to call my previous manager.

Nine months after the whole saga at my introduction, I was yet to get across to Dotun and painfully tried to forget her but it was useless. I settled back to business as well as cleared things with Ore without fvcking her. I was done with that life. I got new clients though even if the contracts couldn’t be compared with the ones that terminated but it was something.

I was in my office one weekend as work was the only thing that took my mind off my numerous failures with women when it mattered most when a text came in, it was from a private number and the contents of the marriage was the address of a wedding involving Dotun. I still don’t know why I left but I did anyway and found my way to Yaba. I got to the venue late but I was at the moment when the individuals were exchanging vows. Standing with there at the left of the priest was Dotun in a beautiful wedding gown and at the right was her tall, dark new charmer in a blue suit.

She finally found her man in such a short time but then I knew from experience that most women are most vulnerable when just coming out of a failed relationship. Watching the both of them kiss broke my heart and I carried my miserable self back to where I parked a bit far from the church. I held my tears all through the walk back to the car but released them as soon as I got there. I had lost the only woman meant for me, the love of my life was gone from me forever and it was my entire fault. Nothing could be compared to such a loss, absolutely nothing.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
...more comments and likes guys....
Re: Choices by tommynico(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
It must have been so wrecking seeing her kissing another man, but dotun should have hear your own side b4 swerving into another relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
tommynico:
It must have been so wrecking seeing her kissing another man, but dotun should have hear your own side b4 swerving into another relationship.
Exactly. If she claim she love likes him, She should have atleast given him the chance to say his own side of the story. A man that didn't touch you throughout your courtship. Mehn Dotun just made a gross mistake by marrying her mother's choice (am sure her mother support the other dude)

1 Like

Re: Choices by pemzylabi: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
in low, slow and serious voice 'SHE FINISHED YOU'

1 Like

Re: Choices by cerowo(f): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
Seriously it was very early 4 Dotun 2 get married...she shld ve hear Solomon side ov d story.
Her suceeded anyway

1 Like

Re: Choices by Ibunkun1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hmmm,i BLieve Ur Wounds Will With Time

1 Like

Re: Choices by emarkson(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
Dotun should at least hear him out first before jumping to another man smh

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Chapter 4 contd

I had never felt so much pain before in my existence; my heart felt like it had been pulled out of my chest. I loved that woman but I didn’t how much until I saw her kiss that guy. It felt horrible seeing them together but then I knew I had to move on but how long it would take me to, was the problem. When would I ever be able to find someone like her again; tall, sexy in every ramification including her legs, intelligent as well as someone that understood me but didn’t know me enough as I had had thought?

I might have expected her to fight for me but hearing the things Francess said with me just as the audience was quite different from hearing that in front some of your family members and relatives. It was disgraceful as well as heartbreaking and the experience was enough to make anyone commit suicide especially since most folks didn’t know she was still a virgin and would all have concluded she was fvcking a sodomite or even carrying out the same abominable practice on her.

I couldn’t possibly blame her for cutting ties with me and deciding to have anything to do with me. I was a flawed image and if I truly loved her, I would let her be and allow her enjoy her marriage whether she made the right choice or not didn’t matter. I was the wrong person to judge her on that. I cleaned my face and got into the car, I couldn’t return to the office I knew that and I didn’t want to go home. I took my phone and dialed Ore,
“Hey, you home?” I asked in a hoarse voice.

“I am. Are you alright?” She asked in return.

I didn’t answer and simply dropped the call and driving into the road. I drove like a maniac especially when I got to the express, my adrenaline was on a whole new level and I needed a chilled carbonated drink badly to calm me down. I wanted to blame myself for all this but at the same time I knew it wasn’t entirely my fault. Francess and her crew had blame in this too and the fact that I couldn’t find them was one of the reasons for my frustrations.

Driving like someone on drugs to vent my frustration was one of the few good things I learnt from my Dad. I had seen him do that a couple of times and I was usually impressed with the way he glided around potholes expertly and overtook countless vehicles on the road. Let’s just say he wasn’t a patient man and saw competition in everything. He hates it when a car overtakes him and would do all in his power to get that car behind him. One day he got involved in one of those silly competitions and the other driver was dumb enough to take him on. Well, my Dad won and the other driver ran into a street light but he survived. My Dad didn’t stop to check the damage he had just caused but at least that was the end of his frustration.

My Dad was crazy at times and putting his three kids in danger for a silly race was one of those but I fell in love with that act. Unlike my Dad, I never carried it out when anyone was on board with me but only while alone and during inter-state travel which was almost every Sunday. I changed my routine that day drove without any care in the world or the fear of the police until I found my way to wemco, Ogba. I parked in front of Ore’ building and got in before locating her apartment. I knocked and in less than a second, she opened. She was on her usual house wear – shorts and a sport bra that showed a flat tummy.

I got in and crashed on the chair without pulling off my footwear and just stared at the ceiling.
“Solomon, what’s wrong with you and why are your eyes red?” Ore asked as a little kid would. I ignored her and just continued with my gaze like starring there will help me. She sat close to me, running her fingers through my hair and asked a second time but I still refused to answer. She sighed and rested her head on my shoulders pending the time I was ready to talk.

“I need a bottle of sprite.” I whispered and she got up, tied a wrapper and left her apartment to get what I asked, apparently she didn’t have it at home. I took that opportunity to get my shoes off and kept them where they should be. She returned soon and gave me what I asked and without much ado, I gulped the whole thing and discarded the bottle myself. All this time, Ore was watching me like a TV program.

“Are you ready to talk now?” She asked.

“How is work and relationship?” I asked instead.
“Don’t do that, I asked first.” She retorted and I kept quiet. She noticed this and gave in.

“Fine, work is going well, I am up for promotion soon but in terms of relationship, you have to be specific.” Her reply made me chuckle.

“What do you mean by I have to be specific and by the way, congratulations on your would be promotion.” She whispered thank you before saying,

“I am in so many relationships, including one with you.” She teased.

“Common, I meant the one with your boyfriend.” Her countenance changed immediately I said that,
“I am uhm… we are no longer dating. I just got fed up of waiting for him to propose and still he wouldn’t fvck me, the relationship was sinking and I decided to end the whole thing.”

“I am sorry about that, I know how that feels.” She raised her eyebrows and asked,

“Oh, you do now, you this player.” I smiled,

“You are just a sex freak, I am sure it wasn’t just about the whole proposal thing.”

“Nice work but you forget how much I know you, you can’t go round this, tell me what’s wrong.” I sighed and decided to talk, I told her everything and as expected after I was done, she was quiet. She was like that for some minutes, just quiet and looking at the TV but I knew her mind wasn’t there.

“Alright, what do you intend to do now? Are you going to avenge what happened or you will just get your life together and get another woman who doesn’t care about what is past?” She later asked.

I stood and started walking around the living room which wasn’t as big as mine.
“That’s what is so complicated, reason being that I cannot avenge my loss because I have no clue on where to find the woman. Also, I can’t be with another woman because I am in the right state for it now and frankly, I don’t want to. I will just focus on work and try to build a brand for my company, I am done with love and women for now, that area haven’t been much good for me.”

I had barely completed my last sentence before I felt the palm of Ore on my cheek. It stung and hurt really bad, her hand could be really hard,
“Don’t you ever say that again, if anything I have always been there for and surely I wouldn’t have made such hasty decision if I was your precious Dotun. So much for wanting someone you had history with.” She said and left to one of the rooms in the house, banging the door and leaving me with my hand to my cheek.

What just happened shocked me as I wasn’t expecting such from her, did she break out of her relationship because of me? I hope she didn’t because in truth I was done with love for now. I have been the victim of pain and all kinds of emotional aches the past few months. I have been depressed and de-motivated especially after the event earlier that day but yet I am still tagged as the villain anywhere I found myself. I grew angry at the thought of how nearly everyone I loved had turned their back on because of what I was wrongly accused of but Ore didn’t. Her bone of contention was that I didn’t see her more than a woman in heat and that was true as our relationship was based on no strings attached.

I might have meant what I said but I didn’t mean to hurt her, I was getting tired of doing that. I walked to the room whose door was nearly pulled out of its hinges. I knocked but got no answer, I gently opened it to find Ore sitting on the bed, crying. I joined her on the bed and pulled her to me,
“I am sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you, I was only speaking my mind. Stop with the tears now, I hate seeing you like this.” I said but the tears didn’t stop, only increased which greatly irritated me. I didn’t know what else to say and knew that kissing her or any of such things will only make matters worse.

“What do you want me to do?” I asked out of frustration.

“Look at me and tell me I was nothing but a intimacy gadget to you.” She blurted out. Damn, this woman was an emotional wreck I thought. Of course she wasn’t and she knew but she just wanted to force me to say I had feelings for her and the discussion will sway to why I didn’t go for her and instead went for the woman who dumped me and all that. I didn’t want that, not now.

“It’s always about you right, all the time. You just want to rub it on my face that I made the wrong choice and your predictions came to pass. Well, it did and I am impressed at your fore sight but I won’t sit here and watch you ruin what we have, I won’t.” I said, turning the whole thing on her as I was getting tired of taking the blame for everything. I stood up to leave and was already at the door when she called me back, amazingly, she had also stopped crying.

“Solomon, I am sorry for being so selfish. I was …I was just jealous, that’s all, nothing more, I am sorry.” I stopped after her apology and returned to the bed.

“I knew you were, but its fine, it’s nice to know I can still make a woman jealous after my new image.” She laughed and cuddled beside me.

“Can we just remain like this, please, no more talks or questions.” She nodded and we remained that way till I slept off in that position.

I and Ore’ relationship changed from that day and it saw us in each other’ company but it wasn’t a romantic relationship nor a sexual one, just individuals who enjoyed being with each other. She helped greatly in helping me forget what transpired a few months but just like the analogy a friend gave me while in high school, he said,
“When you take a man to the village square and accuse him of stealing in front of everyone and then he tagged as a thief even without substantial proof and the man’s pleas that he isn’t. From that day, he is seen as a thief and even when they finally find the real culprit behind the stealing and the accusation off him, his new image of a thief cannot be easily erased and might never be. For long as that man lives, he will still be seen as a thief amongst his people.”

That was the same thing that happened to me but I had Ore by me, it was something. Two months after I got the strange message on my phone and eleven months after the whole introduction saga, I was in my office when my office line rang and my secretary telling me that a certain Francess Ehi was here to see me. I was taken by surprise and asked her to repeat what she just said, she did and different emotions ran through me but one hormone was on rampage and it wasn’t the good one. My adrenaline was out and excitedly, I urged her to send the client in. I was unusually pumped and I feared the worst.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by Marshalrhino(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hmmm, next update asap

1 Like

Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please, i'm begging u, continue with dz tori, e dæ swt me

1 Like

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Francess is finally here to make a bargain. Maybe she want to eliminate all the ladies in Solomon's life to then claim him like property.... Bad girl cheesy mama the mama grin King Solo which kin suspense be this nah

1 Like

Re: Choices by samyfreshsmooth(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
wow! ave missed alat o.. .
francess no try o....dotun isa fvcked lady i swear..
abeg Oga solo make u marry dis ore na..ibeg

1 Like

Re: Choices by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
solomonbrown64:
Chapter 4 contd

This is the real beginning. Kudos bro!

1 Like

Re: Choices by Ehmjay(m): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
Yehhh!!! Bro Solomongrandy yhu beta come here to complete this masterpiece before i do nairaland ultimate search...i give you 1 Minutes,am i mad 30 Seconds

1 Like

Re: Choices by nastynic(m): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Let me sign here joor....

nice work solo but come nd update...

Address to solo house please...
Raise ur hand if u re in #Team kidnap solo to come nd update grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices by Ibunkun1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
Just Dont Hurt Her,so U Wont Enter Anoda Trouble And Make Sure U Av A Hold On Her.She's Caused Enough Damage.Mr Solomon U Fit Give Person Hypertension Ooooo,u're One Of A Kind Bro.

1 Like

Re: Choices by cerowo(f): 9:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
Nyc update oga solomon we crave 4 morn updates

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Chapter 4 contd

I couldn’t sit after asking my secretary to send the liar in. I started walking back and forth past my chair close to the window as I usually do whenever I was agitated or restless. I was getting ready but I had no idea of what I intended to do when I eventually saw her. Soon, I heard the door being opened annoyingly slowly and then the sight of a straight leg in a three inch heel, then the rest of her body showed up. She was on glasses as usual, wearing a dark-green gown that ended just after her knees. Her face was covered halfway with the weird hairstyle she was sporting and I wondered how she was able to see. Her cautious approach to entering the office was probably due to the fact that she might be thinking I was going to throw something at her or do something stupid like that. I wasn’t planning to even if I really wanted to bash her head on the wall.

She came in without closing the door and calmly studied me for a moment while I gladly stood still, giving her all the time in the world to be certain that my hands were free of hurling items and I wasn’t going scale through the big wooden table in front of me and strangle her to death. No, I wasn’t James Bond. She closed the door after she was satisfied I couldn’t hurt her in less than a second but still didn’t move an inch from where she was. I remained where I was with my fingers tapping the table in anticipation of what my instincts might make them do.

“Solomon, before you do something I know isn’t part of you, just grant me audience for a few minutes and then I wouldn’t blame you for what you might do next.” She said in a hoarse tone. As she been crying?
I didn’t say anything, just kept my gaze on her,
“Do I have your word that you won’t try to harm me until I am done with what I have to say?” She asked with her right hand around the door knob and against everything screaming no inside of me, I nodded and pointed to the chair in front of me.

She was skeptical at first and didn’t want to want to leave the safety of the door which forced me to leave behind my desk and walk towards the water dispenser, showing her my hands were free. It would have been funny if it wasn’t the tension in the room. She walked really fast towards the chair afterwards, turned it around to face me before taking her seat. She kept her bag on her thighs and brought out a brown folder and threw it at me. I caught and opened it with my eyes still on her as I didn’t trust her one bit, perhaps she was here to find something she could still use against me.

Inside the document were photos of me in different locations ranging from six, seven years back when I was just through with school and had started work with the oil company. The day I was given award for my punctuality and days I was with friends and colleagues. Photos of I and some of the women I scored before I faced Ore squarely, hers too were included. Our time together at the mall at silverbird, even at the gate of her house. My time with Dotun at her boutique and nearly everywhere we went during our dating period, the one which surprised me most was the one that showed me crying just beside my car after I found out that she was getting married.

The photos shocked me to my very core and how I was able to stop my knees from giving way was a miracle. I didn’t need a chilled drink or a drive for my adrenaline to return to its normal state this time. How have I been watched and followed for so long and I had no idea whatsoever, just how much does this woman knows about me, I mean she even knows the lists of my clients for that matter? How was I so dumb not to have thought of after the formal letter issue? I was too shocked to speak and wondered what this demon in front of me still had in her locker that she could plan to use against me whenever she saw fit. What did I do to deserve this?”

“What else do you have against me, me, sleeping with women or what?” I asked, clearly frustrated as I threw back the folder at her. She caught it but kept it on my desk before she answered me.

“I have nothing against you anymore as I have done my part in all this.” She replied which left me confused.

“How do you mean?”

“I had completely forgotten about you and moved on as I got a good paying job in one of the oil firms in port-harcourt. I decided against going into another relationship until I was able to make a name for myself in that organization but something happened in my second year there. There was a fraud in which I was implicated because I signed some documents that involved delivery of about thirty tankers, all with capacities of thirty-three thousand litres to another company instead of the one we had contract with. The perpetrators of the act were caught and because I signed without thorough check, I was among them and almost trialed but my name was somehow cleared. The issue was swept under the carpet due to the intervention of my Dad and a few persons in the state government.

I had forgotten about the issue until about fourteen months ago while in my office, a tall, dark, beautiful woman came by to see me. I didn’t know her and thought she was here for business as I had been promoted to marketing manager but instead she wasn’t. She said she knew of our relationship back in school and would like me to help carry out some attacks on you for not only ruining her life but also that of her family. She wanted payback and wanted me to be a part of that plan but I wasn’t interested and told her plainly that I didn’t want to be involved in her personal vendetta against you. She smiled and took it in good faith and left my office. I thought that was the end of everything but I was wrong because three days later, she sent me a mail containing proofs that I was more than a spectator in the forgotten fraud issue and whether I knew what I was doing or not, I should be in prison with the rest of the thieves.

I didn’t know where she got wind of those documents and the fact that she claimed to have some right activists who would pursue the issue until I was jailed was enough for me to know that she wasn’t bullshitting. She meant every word and that forced my hand to partner with her with whatever she had in mind for you. Some days later, I met with her at a restaurant and she showed me some of those photos of how she had been tailing you over the years and had good information that you were set to marry. Truthfully, I was hurt at the news but I wouldn’t have done those things I did if I wasn’t cornered. She told me where to meet her in Lagos when I arrived and two weeks later I did and found my way to that party or feast or something.

She was certain you would be there and truly you were. It was good to see you again after so long but seeing you with that tall woman made me jealous and I so wanted to hurt you for what you did to me. She warned me against bringing any car and instead go with a taxi as you were very smart. All went well and you didn’t find me, I returned to workplace after her plan of making you nervous until the day set for your introduction. She told me the words to say and what I was supposed to do when I got to your house, her passion to see you in pains was one I had never seen before.

The day came and everything went according to plan, I was free but I felt bad after what I did and couldn’t eat for days. That was the last time I heard from her until two weeks ago when she asked me to come to your place and deliver this message to you for you to know who had been behind your misery. She asked me to tell you to meet her at sweet sensations at abule-egba or something along that line in two days time, at three in the afternoon. She wishes to see you concerning something. I really don’t know what you did to her to have warranted such wickedness but then I didn’t know much about you even if I thought I did.”

I was quiet after what Francess just said as I had always known that this whole thing just wasn’t her but then I couldn’t ever remember dating anyone who was dark and tall for so long to have hurt her to a level that she would go this far to destroy me.

“And this vengeful woman of yours never told you her name?” I asked.

“She did once but it was only a name, not her full name as she didn’t want me to know anything about her. She said her name was Eve and said it would ring a bell. She told me to remind you of the busty Eve should you have had another relationship with someone of the same name.”

Eve, like Maddy’s sister, why would she do all this and why would she say that I destroyed her life and that of her family? It didn’t make any sense and I wondered what I had gotten myself into. What did I do or better still, what did Maddy do after our breakup, did she do anything rash or worse still, committed suicide? I hoped that wasn’t the case else Eve will never stop in her bid to destroy me. Christ, why did I ever get myself involved in this player stuff, why?

8 Likes

Re: Choices by cerowo(f): 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
This last updates is really interesting, eagerly waiting 4 more kiss tnks 4 d update Solomon

1 Like

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
Eve Eve don kolo o. 1. Maddy and Solo never actually dated, they were merely fuckmates grin because Maddy was never serious with whatever they had. 2. Solo made a mistake by being a player. I will never walk that lane at all. Eve is just a bitter girl that want to taste Solo's kondo cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (48) (Reply)

My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.