Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,754 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals (48762 Views)

Latest Job Openings Fresh Graduates Can Apply For. Two Are From Multinationals / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by arrestdarrester: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2017
You are blessed my brother. God will do for me what He has done for you. Its all the Grace and Goodness of God

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by asakeaina: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2017
It's all depends on destiny, what is destined for you will never pass you by no matter your class of degree.

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by deelobe: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:
I give this testimony to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil. At the end of my university education; through its ups and downs, bitter and sweet moments, I eventually graduated with a third-class degree in computer science. At that point in my life I was overly disappointed, highly discouraged and even suicidal on my bad days because I knew what was happening in the labour market. Every employer wanted graduates with second class upper and above for the limited and highly coveted employment slots. And here I was, I didn’t even have a 2.2, even if employers wanted to reach out in grace.

I had given my life to Christ on campus, and my thirst for God had intensified during this period. To the glory of God, even with my third-class degree, I did not sit at home as I got a job immediately, which is a whole miracle-story on its own. This job came with great exposure and an intense learning curve for me as a fresh graduate and I embraced the job even though the pay was not fantastic. Those of us who were taken by the company were put through a training programme to initiate us into Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing industry. Time went by and I emerged as one of the brightest trainees through the programme. We were soon staffed and placed on projects for multinational companies. After a while, some of my colleagues started filling out applications and searching for bigger opportunities. They would repeatedly forward job links and vacancies to me as I was considered one of the best among my peers. I did not apply for any of those positions as I was always self-defeated because of my third-class university certificate and the devil held it high up in my face all the time. I continued to do my job diligently and also develop myself in my field.

On Mother’s Day in May 2015, Pastor Nomthi preached about the unmerited grace and favour Moses witnessed in the house of Pharaoh, when there was an order to kill every male child of the Israelites. She said that Moses was not only spared but was raised as a prince. I immediately keyed into this lesson of grace and I was full of faith. I applied for a job someone had recommended me for and I was offered the position on the spot with 100 percent increase with good pension and sumptuous packages.

I thought I had seen all. Before the resumption date I was given, I was invited for another job interview with one of the telecom giants in Nigeria. Through the interview process I had to compete with the best of the best and even more experienced applicants. At the end of the interview and test process which lasted several weeks, I came out top as the preferred candidate of all. Now my problem became choosing between the two offers as they were both fantastic and had good prospects. I sought the face of the Lord who had made all these happen, and eventually I had to turn down the Multi-national Telecom Giant’s offer. Now I am at my new job and I have even been given opportunities to travel to different countries on projects (I had never travelled out of Nigeria before this job).

A month ago, another job offer came through with take-home package closing in on about half a million which I had to turn down after wide consultation and seeking the face of the Lord. I also did not apply for this job; all these opportunities came by recommendation. A third-class graduate now turning down job offers from multinational companies – it can only be God and I am here to give back ALL the praise to HIM alone.

By Yomi Owolabi – Today’s Showers Vol 345 (Fountain of Life Church)

Source: http://amebojoint.com/2016/09/12/third-class-graduate-now-turning-job-offers-multinationals/

This is the kind of news I like to read daily. God bless you bro and the God that did yours will remember each and every one of us

3 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by seadesi1986: 11:44am On Nov 10, 2017
i pray for this grace coz alaz i came out wit 3 class although now have a masters degree i pray for a good job,ijn adesinasegun90@gmail.com
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by enemyofprogress: 11:44am On Nov 10, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by cheemahking: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2017
Please what's the Telecom Giants name datz offering u the job, not disputing ur story ooo, jus wanna know, cos like one guy said, dae are requirements, which am a 100 percent sure of that, u shud av used something else bro, probably an unknown company, not saying Telecom Giants...the name please ooo...I can print their requirements and send to u...

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by YelloweWest: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2017
It is a fool that says in his heart there is no God.

Congratulations to u. I key into this testimony.
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by YelloweWest: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2017
extwoo:
You have given me something today..... HOPE cry
Yours is the greatest testimony.

May your hopes come to reality in Jesus name Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Ubiquity: 11:56am On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:
I give this testimony to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil. At the end of my university education; through its ups and downs, bitter and sweet moments, I eventually graduated with a third-class degree in computer science. At that point in my life I was overly disappointed, highly discouraged and even suicidal on my bad days because I knew what was happening in the labour market. Every employer wanted graduates with second class upper and above for the limited and highly coveted employment slots. And here I was, I didn’t even have a 2.2, even if employers wanted to reach out in grace.

I had given my life to Christ on campus, and my thirst for God had intensified during this period. To the glory of God, even with my third-class degree, I did not sit at home as I got a job immediately, which is a whole miracle-story on its own. This job came with great exposure and an intense learning curve for me as a fresh graduate and I embraced the job even though the pay was not fantastic. Those of us who were taken by the company were put through a training programme to initiate us into Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing industry. Time went by and I emerged as one of the brightest trainees through the programme. We were soon staffed and placed on projects for multinational companies. After a while, some of my colleagues started filling out applications and searching for bigger opportunities. They would repeatedly forward job links and vacancies to me as I was considered one of the best among my peers. I did not apply for any of those positions as I was always self-defeated because of my third-class university certificate and the devil held it high up in my face all the time. I continued to do my job diligently and also develop myself in my field.

On Mother’s Day in May 2015, Pastor Nomthi preached about the unmerited grace and favour Moses witnessed in the house of Pharaoh, when there was an order to kill every male child of the Israelites. She said that Moses was not only spared but was raised as a prince. I immediately keyed into this lesson of grace and I was full of faith. I applied for a job someone had recommended me for and I was offered the position on the spot with 100 percent increase with good pension and sumptuous packages.

I thought I had seen all. Before the resumption date I was given, I was invited for another job interview with one of the telecom giants in Nigeria. Through the interview process I had to compete with the best of the best and even more experienced applicants. At the end of the interview and test process which lasted several weeks, I came out top as the preferred candidate of all. Now my problem became choosing between the two offers as they were both fantastic and had good prospects. I sought the face of the Lord who had made all these happen, and eventually I had to turn down the Multi-national Telecom Giant’s offer. Now I am at my new job and I have even been given opportunities to travel to different countries on projects (I had never travelled out of Nigeria before this job).

A month ago, another job offer came through with take-home package closing in on about half a million which I had to turn down after wide consultation and seeking the face of the Lord. I also did not apply for this job; all these opportunities came by recommendation. A third-class graduate now turning down job offers from multinational companies – it can only be God and I am here to give back ALL the praise to HIM alone.

Source: http://amebojoint.com/2016/09/12/third-class-graduate-now-turning-job-offers-multinationals/

May the grace that brought you this far @kengreatleads take you farther...
I key into this testimony, knowing Isaiah 54:4 will find full expression in my life and I know I'll be sharing mine soon in Jesus name AMEN.

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Jerryojozy(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2017
I key into this testimony in Jesus name.

Genius J

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Demainman1: 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:

You are fortunate you studied computer science and very likely are able to code. You don't even need a degree to excel in this field.
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by XX01(f): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
The key things there are diligence and excellence. He got the job, worked hard at it, built marketable skills and excelled.

Who wouldn't want that kind of staff.

2 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by edumondial: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
cheemahking:
Please what's the Telecom Giants name datz offering u the job, not disputing ur story ooo, jus wanna know, cos like one guy said, dae are requirements, which am a 100 percent sure of that, u shud av used something else bro, probably an unknown company, not saying Telecom Giants...the name please ooo...I can print their requirements and send to u...

My brother, forget about the requirements you have seen or you know. When God's grace is upon ur life, protocol,requirements and policies are broken for your sake. Believe it or not, miracles still happens. God is God, he is no man!

6 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by bedspread: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
"ITS NOT BY POWER NEITHER BY MIGHT BUT BY MY SPIRIT SAYS THE LORD" COMES TO MIND....

BROTHER I PRAISE THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY ON UR BEHALF... PRAISE TO THE HIGHEST.....

I HV GOT SIMILAR TESTIMONY ... Tho on a Different stuff

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by enonche85(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
Larryfest:
You are destined to do this even if it was 1st class or 2.2 you have...

I agree with u...but God sometimes chooses to bless us through impossible means because He is God and because of our diligence and hard work.

2 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Trybes(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
Congratulations
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Adaumunocha(f): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
Father send that divine connection ASAP pls
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by BlueRayDick: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
HAH:
a lot of meticulous employers actually prefer people with weak degrees, because they will be humble and do their work diligently with faithfulness because the employee may not have another chance if they misbehave but people with first class and 2.1 will always have this feeling of arrogance that if I leave I can get another offer because am a 2.1 or sometimes they will abruptly leave to further studies thereby taking along the knowledge they gathered on the job with them and leaving the employer with the pain of looking for another trainee.

It is not arrogance, it is all about knowing one's onions and knowing when to move on. Either 2.1 or 3.3 If you see a bigger role with better working conditions, you will definitely move.
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by fpeter(f): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
extwoo:
You have given me something today..... HOPE cry

Be encouraged. I personally know about two third class holders sitting on top of multi-billion Naira industries.
They got there through hard work and proving that their degree was not a definition of their abilities.

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by HomeOfMe(f): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:

I key into this unusual ans inspiring testimony on behalf of my self and loved ones,happy for you.
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by deleo16(m): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
The answers is here . Congrats OP

CL,SCOAN 19/03/17; Prophet T.B.Joshua Message,on student grade ,university,Teaching & Mass Prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWlV7wj0DpY