Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,994 members, 7,938,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala (49309 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Dignitaries In Buhari's House For Wedding Of Fatima & Gimba (Photos) / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Ijaya123: 8:13am On Sep 13, 2016
Nobody wants you back madam.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by obiaguna(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??
The YouWin that served as an avenue for embezzling funds?

How much did you save in Nigeria's time of abundance? Because you were at the helm of her finances when her main and virtually, only, export, crude oil, was sold for the highest price ever in the history of the world.

Where is the FG's share of the ECA?

What did you people do with the economy when Nigeria was in her time of plenty?

Is there a link to back up your claim that funds were embezzled under the Youwin programme?
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Mrrpatozky: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

How much did you save in Nigeria's time of abundance? Because you were at the helm of her finances when her main and virtually, only, export, crude oil, was sold for the highest price ever in the history of the world.

Oga go take seat... no matter how much she stole.. . The economy was OK for u and I.. . Chop make I chop na wetn we want.. . Even tho she stole, there is no doubt she worked hard...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by AZeD1(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
EternalTruths:

That guy is a disgrace to his tribesmen.

Imagine him saying it was high oil price that made Nigerian economy the largest in Africa angry
What made Nigeria the largest economy in Africa.

I need specifics..
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by AnanseK(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
If you ask me Mrs. okonjo Iweala should come and serve in the prison for presiding as minister of finance and coordinating Minister in the 6 most wasteful and most corrupt years of governance in Nigeria under the clueless President described internationally as the " ineffectual buffoon".
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by elitejosef: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2016
Help us please
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by obiaguna(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

What did she do to make Nigeria the largest economy in Africa? Nothing.
Which of her policies drove Nigeria to the top of African economic landscape? Just mention one.

Like I said earlier, she presided over the economy when crude oil sold for the highest ever price in human history. Crude oil is Nigeria's main and only export. So why won't Nigeria be the largest economy in Africa in that period. Na Jazz

She might be the best economist Nigeria will ever see but still I ask, what did she do with Nigeria's economy in Nigeria's time of abundance?
Even while she is lamenting her hand being forced to share the monies in the ECA, what did she do with the FG's share?

Valid questions that sentimentalists won't dare ask.

But I thought Nigeria was the largest economy in Africa when she was there now. And during her tenure inflation was reasonable, no case of recession, unemployment rate wasn't what it is at the moment . Fx and other economic indicators were also reasonable. That should count for something. No?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

After reading your comment this is how i feel like reacting to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2016
devilmaycry:
exactly ...well spoken .... Walahi this woman should be caught for embezzlement.

I read your senseless comment and

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ajayiopy: 8:28am On Sep 13, 2016
E A was shared by governors, she came to air to explain to all Nigerians and all the governors said they will take responsibility for any mishap in our economy. What we fail to understand as youth then was that 85% of serving governor then we're spending their second time in office.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by humilitypays(m): 8:31am On Sep 13, 2016
kettykin:

I don't understand what you mean. I was trying to ask a question. What I actually mean to ask is should igbos continue to invest in a state like Lagos where there property has been demolished without compensation, where the businesses of their indigenes has been seized and business harrassed like criminals.

Should igbos continue to advice or work for a country where there is zero investments in their region. The south east recorded the least in terms of budget. The federal government also described the region as minority. Is it not tantamount to investing in your death, given your advice to a government that has sworn to kill all your indigenes in their wild and foolish quest to remain united.

Igbos have won most golds in the paralympic , and igbos are going to be using their talented footballers to assist the country to get a place in the nations cup. Igbos who are in the IMF might also be expected to assist the country when they come for loans which would not be beneficial to igbo land.

Should igbos continue such self less service to the country that almost starved them to death and are doing everything humanly possible to make sure that igbos are stagnated. A country that has no igbos in the top echelon of its heirachy.
A country where Igbo indigenes are being victimized with all sorts of corruption charges while real thieves that embezzled billions of dollars in phantom power project are walking around free.

This is my question
The cow that has no tail, the gods help pursue flies for it.

Leave the battle, the repercussion, the vengeance for God and nature to do.

The truth is, as long as southwest join force with north to persecute and ensure Igbos are prejudiced in their own country, as long as Southwest youths join northerners to say: an Igbo person will never become a president in Nigeria, then Nigeria's predicament economically and security wise will linger.

The bitter truth is: only a confirm Igbo president will save Nigeria's future. It's not from me, it's nature's decision.

Buhari and any other president will fail Nigerians until an Igbo person becomes Nigeria's president.

When I say Igbo person, I don't mean someone like Rochas Okorocha who's after pleasing northerners for political gains/favour.

If it can be possible, all Nigerians should rally around and make any of these Igbo men Nigeria's president in 2019 and watch things turnaround for good in Nigeria:

1. Nnamdi Kanu
2. Chief Emeka Anyaoku
3. Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Keep the blame game coming. Your foolish master is in Aso Rock without knowing why he is there. You better adopt the message when the wise one speaks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by SycophanticGoat: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Nigerians are just hypocritical and too short-sighted. They only see what they want to see. Imagine the nonsense this one typed here. I know several people that benefited from YouWin and they are doing well.

You people keep talking down all the efforts of the last administration (even the excellent ones) but keep mum while this country makes no single effort and rather support its use of powers to further impoverish the masses in the form of price hike and multiple taxations.. Nigerians are the most disgusting set of hypocrites the world has ever seen..
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by victorazy(m): 8:34am On Sep 13, 2016
Donsamie:
Pls help if u can,we need some one like u to help save the economy.

I will say the same thing like her.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Ddy(m): 8:35am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

This your response is part of what is the problem with Nigeria.
Inability to separate your emotions and sentiments from reality.

I neither hate nor love Okonjo-Iweala.
The questions I asked are valid questions any right-thinking Nigerian should be asking.

But obviously, we are so shallow-minded that we fail to hold our leaders, both past and present, accountable for their actions. We are so petty that we wear our emotions and sentiments on our sleeves and allow our politicians to sway us by mere words.

Well, we get the leaders we deserve sha.

Na Now sense enter ur brain. I thought u are on a blaming mission again. Let's start now to hold our leaders accountable for their dids. Pls can we start from the one we have at hand. No time for past cos its gone.Today is now, tomorrow is still with them. what are we expecting tomorrow.Is the future bright?
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by GuysnMum: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Bros.. I just wonder when we will every think or consult before vomiting. That woman any country will wish she serves her. An epitome of knowledge. As d govs that kidnapped her mother requesting dat d ECA be shared. That same govs are in buharis dispensation serving. Men take d bull by d horn
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ChessEnthusiast: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

High crude prices made us the world largest economy. . Not her
exactly! This is what flat head dummies know but deliberately for clannish reasons deny the truth. With high oil prices, Nigeria economy will be on auto-pilot.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by leanalyst: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2016
Kwamecron:
No body ever miss her in nigeria... They render nigerian to this state.. With enbezzument.... Thief.... Shame... Shame.... Shame.... Shame.......
Abeg stop deceiving yourself. They are not the problem, the problem we have confronts us now. How do we chart a new course if we keep blaming the past instead of putting it on the people who are tasked to move us forward and can't or are overwhelmed.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by edorhe14(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2016
When called upon pls do serve because Nigeria is in need of help from anyone irrespective of their political Background.
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by godwinsmillions: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2016
Madam, abeg no come. Allow these zombies to fumble and be speaking fonee with our economy. It took Buhari six months to discover them

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Brooklyn47: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Don't say what u don't know. The You win programme is very genuine...how do I know? Cos my business plan was approved and I won a N10m grant without knowing nobody. The main aim of Youwin is to empower serious entrepreneurs to start or expand their business with the sole aim of employing between 6-10 people within a year. I beat that and I have now employed 18 people cool When you win, they are to pay in 3 tranches. For every tranche, a monitor will come and inspect your business and books before the next tranche is released. So far I've gotten 2 tranches and a total of N7m. I just triggered for the last tranche which should be paid after due inspection before the year runs out. Most of us had issues with payment when the new government came and insisted that the moneys should go through TSA. This mandatory alignment caused a delay and some problems with certain banks and Youwin officials as terms of agreement had to be modified. I'm not in support of PDP but I can tell you for sure that this initiative is real and kudos to Madam Okonjo for this one. We were over 1,500 peopl that won this grant. Will forever be grateful to her and Jonathan for this even though I'm not a fan of PDP.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Alexsmith007(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2016
So okonjo too stole money......all this youruba gay's
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by InvertedHammer: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2016
NOI has nothing to offer Nigeria.

Nigeria's economy is the easiest to manage. Sell oil, get the proceed, use some and embezzle the rest. How hard is that?

Low oil price has made the masquerade dance naked in the market square. The economy is in recession because the leaders have no slightest clue on what a real economy is. Thus they are resorting to trial and error with the hope that something will work somehow. This macabre dance of shame will continue until oil price goes up and we are back to business as usual.

Put Okonjo back in as the Minister of Finance and nothing will change.
\
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by naijamerican: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2016
humilitypays:
The cow that has no tail, the gods help pursue flies for it.

Leave the battle, the repercussion, the vengeance for God and nature to do.

The truth is, as long as southwest join force with north to persecute and ensure Igbos are prejudiced in their own country, as long as Southwest youths join northerners to say: an Igbo person will never become a president in Nigeria, then Nigeria's predicament economically and security wise will linger.

The bitter truth is: only a confirm Igbo president will save Nigeria's future. It's not from me, it's nature's decision.

Buhari and any other president will fail Nigerians until an Igbo person becomes Nigeria's president.

When I say Igbo person, I don't mean someone like Rochas Okorocha who's after pleasing northerners for political gains/favour.

If it can be possible, all Nigerians should rally around and make any of these Igbo men Nigeria's president in 2019 and watch things turnaround for good in Nigeria:

1. Nnamdi Kanu
2. Chief Emeka Anyaoku
3. Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

This is true. Nigerians are too stupid and tribalistic for this too happen, so I say too hell with Nigeria. So many foolish illiterates in one country.

No hope for this country.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by crazygod(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2016
Liability:
That prosti.tute, kemi should step down as finance minister. Let competent hands handle our economy abeg. Not okonjo but others to free us from this cesspit.

I no wan abuse buhari today
I
Why would u call your fellow woman a prosti.tute jst because u want to comment? And even your profile pic sef get as e be.......
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by SycophanticGoat: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2016
obiaguna:

Is there a link to back up your claim that funds were embezzled under the Youwin programme?

Are you minding the ignorant man? When thousands of people have benefited from the YouWin program and are making ends meet, he applied just once with a useless idea and expected to be chosen when thousands of bright ideas were out there. I know several people that benefited from that program and when I mean several people, these people cuts across all geopolitical regions of the country.

YouWin proved itself to be the most successful and most transparent initiative to have ever been created/handled by any federal government in Nigeria. If that program was the only thing GEJ introduced and it worked, then I still have to congratulate him for it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by flokii: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2016
Madam Ojugo and her gele.. Someone shld tell her she is not patriotic.

She is better off over there taking orders from d west.. I dnt think she has anything to offer this country
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by 4nobody4every1: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2016
[s]LAGOS—FORMER Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala yesterday said it was better to allow those managing Nigeria’s economy to do the best they could, noting that there could be solutions to the present economic decline in the country.

She also noted that she would not be available to serve the present administration if overtures were made to her by President Muhammadu Buhari, noting that Nigeria boasts of competent people, who would offer their services when called upon.

Okonjo-Iweala, who said this while participating in an Aljazeera programme: The Stream, regretted that the economic gains recorded in Africa started eroding a few years ago, noting that solving macroeconomic question was key to fixing the continent’s economic challenges.

She specifically said that having a firm control over the rate of inflation in addition to ensuring a stable exchange rate should be prioritised by African governments.

She said: ‘’ One of the things you learn as you get wiser is to talk less as you grow older. I have spent my time contributing to the country. It will be better to live those managing the economy to do what they know how to do. There can be solutions.

“I am not a typical politician. I went in as a technocrat. I think on the continent we have seen a period when the economy was doing well, in the last two years we have been experiencing challenges. We need to focus on the basics which are macro-economics. You must get the fundamentals like having a stable exchange rate and having inflation under control.

“I served my country for seven years and it was a great honour. The second time was very tough but it is still an honour. I am not the only person who is a repository of knowledge. There are other people who can equally try their hands in running the economy.

“I will advise young people not to wait for employment. They should create jobs to employ six people or more. During my time in government, we had a programme called You Win designed to support young entrepreneurs. The whole idea was to have a business plan competition.

“The idea was that they should create jobs. And each, created 9-10 jobs. The World Bank did an evaluation of it and found it good. I do believe that the government should come in. We started a peer to peer mentoring. Now, one of the things I want to say is that creating employment is not only about struggles, it is about managing success.”

Also, counseling people on accounting, bookkeeping and not falling apart is very important.”

Responding to a question on how the anti-corruption war was fought during her time in government, she said: “It was a very tough fight, I must thank my team, you don’t do it alone, I had the support of an economic team in the Ministry of Finance. It was tough because at the end of the day you need to have some principles.”

On her roles as a Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala said: ‘’The average life span of a Finance Minister is two year in a country. No one likes a Finance Minister because it is the business of saying no. It is very difficult and challenging. It was interesting for me. I wish I had seen myself as wielding power. All I saw was the job because I was seeing myself working for the country.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/will-not-serve-buharis-govt-okonjo-iweala/[/s].

Shut up........nonsense angry angry angry

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by flokii: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Are you minding the ignorant man? When thousands of people have benefited from the YouWin program and are making ends meet, he applied just once with a useless idea and expected to be chosen when thousands of bright ideas were out there. I know several people that benefited from that program and when I mean several people, these people cuts across all geopolitical regions of the country.

YouWin proved itself to be the most successful and most transparent initiative to have ever been created/handled by any federal government in Nigeria. If that program was the only thing GEJ introduced and it worked, then I still have to congratulate him for it.

Una no dey tire? abeg let's hear word jare

Youwin kor Youlose ni.. yeye

Like say no be him family and friends benefit from am.. Or did you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Cuts His 60th Birthday Cake, Dances With His Wife (Pics) / Soldiers Kill 4 IPOB/ESN Members In Imo State (Photos) / Kano Election: Emir Sanusi Speaks On INEC Declaration Of Inconclusive Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.