Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,945 members, 7,924,948 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 06:49 AM

Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews (15234 Views)

Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos / Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Passenger Refused To Stop Farting ( / United Airline To Stop Flights To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by EdDave(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
obailala:
Every single problem from shipping companies pulling out to airlines being unable to buy fuel and therefore relocating, to industries closing down etc have all been linked to just one problem, lack of forex. That is what happens when a nation relies on only one unstable commodity for its entire income. The vulnerability of the so called 'giant of africa' has simply been exposed with the drop in oil prices. Maybe we would learn a lesson or two from this as a nation going forward. Any person who really thinks there is a quick fix to this problem, probably a magic spell that would conjure forex from wonderland, such a person must be a dreamer.
Nobody said it d be a quick fix. But when you have a leader who knows what's doing, the people suffer less. One who makes a policy and reverses it the next day is one without a plan. It has been over one year, it took him six months to appoint ministers, and this is what we get? While other currencies rise and fall due to flotation, the naira has remained static. Which goes to show the CBN is still fully regulating the naira, not demand and supply as it should be.
Don't get me wrong. He has good intentions and Nigeria will be great under him. He s just insensitive to the piercing hardship of the citizens his brazen approach is causing. Many people will die of starvation, massive sack and lack of drugs, which are not available cos of the lack of forex exchange etc.
Like I said he shouldn't throw away the baby with the bath water.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by Femich18(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Arijude:
You're just a fool with a worn-out brain. Who caused ''all these mess'' ?
Is that all you could come up with? insult? Why not ask your question politely?
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by Femich18(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
nototribalist:
the only solution is to resign now. Period. Other wise the suffering continue till 2022
2022? nah..With the way things are going second tenure is not sure unless smtin positive happens...I know 2019 is here already and we all ll be cool
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by Femich18(m): 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
naijamerican:

God punish you for cursing this nation with this illiterate fool Buhari
Lol...Your curse is a blessing...Lol...I didnt vote during the election and now that he's the president do you expect me to be wailing? what will the lamenting do..nothing...i am hoping for a better country...moreover 2019 is already here
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
metti47:

And how did your former President who is a PHD holder developed Nigeria?
Like this ==>

Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by Doghari: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
May God continue punishing the zoogerians with the certificateless illiterate. Wicked people grin grin
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by LorenzoU: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
[i][/i]daura dullards falling our hands since 1890
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by berrystunn(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
datola:
Nigeria used to be one of the most profitable markets for foreign airlines, landing planes with plenty of first and business class to cater to executives and officials jetting around under former President Goodluck Jonathan

So this is an achievement?

No profit on both side....

With buhari no profit.
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by kenchylala: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
datola:
Nigeria used to be one of the most profitable markets for foreign airlines, landing planes with plenty of first and business class to cater to executives and officials jetting around under former President Goodluck Jonathan

So this is an achievement?

Foreign exchange and Tourism

1 Like

Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by kenchylala: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
Femich18:

You guys are just bitter rats. He's gonna be the president till 2019. What we all should rally for is the solution to all these mess and not we complaining at every move...

U sure say u go make 2019??
Na person when go listen u go talk too
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by calabardick(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
What did you expect from an uneducated leader?

Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
imhotep:

Like this smiley smiley

This is really sad...
Re: Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews by moonraker(m): 4:34am On Sep 14, 2016
helovesme:

This only further confirms the mess with the former president's regime.

People flying up and down, all expenses paid using government funds/tax payers money. Money that can best be utilised for other things.

I'm glad that the days of impunity are over. smiley

You missing the point. The point isnt about flying up and down dogg, its about how airliners both domestic and foreign are finding it

difficult to do business in Nigeria and the measures that they have taken. Those measures in question will definitely hurt Nigerian travellers in

the long run. Learn to read my friend..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident Involving 3 Cars In Jos Claims Lives (Graphic Photos) / Lagos-Ibadan Train: NRC Spends More On Diesel Daily, Running At A Loss / Petrol Tanker And Car On Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.