Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,146 members, 7,943,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris (978 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / The Secret Life Of A Housegirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oh my god can't i have good sleep " this i murmured as i woke up to the blaring speakers of the mosque.
I quickly jumped up ,headed for the bathroom ,brushed my teeth with close-up tooth paste,brushing softly as i stared into the mirror ,i saw a man destined to change this great country to a better country.
Nigeria is a country which was under the colonial masters for a long time.Nigeria gained her independence in 1960,since then we have been plagued with corruption.
This i pondered upon as i brushed my teeth lost in my own taughts,once i was done i jumped into the bath tub,used my Eva soap and sponge to scrub my body.
Once i was done ,i towelled my body .
I wore my corporate clothes ,which included a long sleeved shirt and trousers,getting ready for work.
I went straight to the kitchen to see if i could prepare egg stew to eat with bread.
The bread that used to be 50 naira ,the price had suddenly sky rocketed to 80 naira,"which way i Nigeria" i said in a frustrating manner..i quickly made the stew and ate my bread.
I quickly walked straight to the door and locked the door with my torkoz padlock,this padlock has earned my trust over the years.the only problem is that when ever the key get lost,u better go and buy new staples for the door because that padlock can never open without its keys..
Yaba,oyingbo,yaba" screamed one of the conductors ,i quickly jumped on the bus,sat at the front seat,
one woman was just disturbing everyone in the bus and threatening the conductor,i was already becoming disgusted ,i turned back as if to query the insane woman,on turning i taught i would see an ugly looking lady but i was shocked to see a gorgeous looking lady,fair in complexion ,had an average set of boobs,not too big not small.
Na wa oh,waiting we no go see for naija everybody don deh hostile for lagos,na buhari cause all this one,i turned again and looked at her ,my eyes went straight to her hand and i saw her wearing a hand band which was a product from the celestial church of God,
almost every Nigerian dread this people,due to the fact that they are very spiritual people,on seeing the logo on the hand band,i quickly silenced my big mouth,so that i will not be put into prayers.
Just imagine adding negative prayers on top person this current recession on top the one weh person deh for this buhari era,na to die remain.
Who deh stop for yaba make e drop now ,na last bus stop be this" said the conductor.
I opened the door and walked out of the bus .i walked a little bit down the road,to get to my office.
I was employed last month in jimmy construction company as a civil engineer,i graduated with a third class.i hussled for job for three years, after graduating from university of Benin.
After walking for 5 minutes i finally reached the company,the company is the best in yaba known for building the prestigious seun university in lagos ,
how far David,na u deh always first come work ,o boy u too deh early" said the gateman akpos
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
i take my work seriously especially when its something i have a passion for.
"Ok oga ,i still be ur boy" said akpos.
Akpos is a warri boy,a muscular looking guy,dark in complexion and has a good sense of humor.
I walked into the main complex , i went straight to my desk , i put on my laptop and logged into nairaland to see the latest news ,i read through all and all the news were all revolving around recession and the consequences of recession.
I immediately checked my mentions and saw sinaj and ireneony ,heavily insulting me.
"Ha ha ha "I laughed hysterically ,because i knew how to deal with ladies .
I immediately replied them ,
i told sinaj "when u go marry deh there deh show only ur make up face.
And to ireneony " i told her that why did she always smile like a donkey in her dp.
I immediately went straight to doing my work,i design buildings for this company,i am the best in the company though i graduated with a third class ,most first class can't compete with me in the area of designing.
"Hi David" said folake the pretty secretary.
"Am good,u look superb today" i retorted
folake blushed and walked straight to her desk.
Folake is a yoruba girl who graduated from unilag from the department of mass communications.she is fair in complexion and of average height ,she wore a tight gown that accentuated her curves.
Most girls this days wear clothes that make it hard for a guy to fight fornication.
David, how far ,u deh always first me come work,one day i go first u come" said emeka in pidgin.
O boy i no deh compete with u,but ur babe no go allow u come work early,see as u don lean like palm tree.
" o boy when u go get babe sef ,after u break up with caro ,u no gree date another ,o boy find babe,because body no be fire wood" Emeka said as he put on his old modelled hp laptop that looked like a bomb that was gonna go off anytime soon.
"Emeka which day u go by new laptop,this ur laptop weh be like bomb so" i mocked him
emeka was the best graduating student from university of Benin ,he graduated with a first class in civil engineering,he was invited to lecture but he turned down the job offer because our company pays him 200k every month,i get paid 200k too.
Everyone good morning" greeted the manager
everyone stood up and greeted Mr Charles .
Mr Charles is a very nice man,he is married to a white woman,he married her after schooling several years in Canada.
Mr Charles came straight to my desk and gave me an assignment to design a church building that was going to be situated in surulere,he asked me to make it one that can accommodate at least 1000 people,so i went straight to work.
All this pastors are never in recession,they make their money in season and out of season ,which day God go call me sef..
Amaka how u doing",amaka was the most beautiful girl in the company ,her body was like it was carved by a
master sculptor,every place in her body is curvy,and her face glittered like gold..i have been toasting her since last two years.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
She said That her guy resides in London working as a banker and he promises that he will be coming anytime to marry her.
She was the accountant of the company,she graduated from covenant university from department of accounting.
I stared straight into my laptop designing the church.
"David can i discuss a matter thats troubling me some much " said yinka.
Go on,the work am designing can wait.
" i am planning to throw a birthday bash for my girlfriend ,and i have no idea on how to plan it" said yinka.
Well i can advise u on that,u will have to buy a keg of palm wine,you will need to buy meat which u will cut into small pieces,also u will need to bake her a cake.and other miscellaneous items.
"how much will all this cost me " said yinka
just 20k will do, just invite a few of ur friends,i will call one of my friends to be the dj for u free of charge.
"David you are the best ever,chidinma will love me more than ever after tomorrow. Yinka said with joy all over his face.
He walked away to his desk dancing.
Yinka is also an engineer ,he graduated from babcock university,he is a dark looking guy,and he is also tall..
I checked my time,it was 5pm,which was the closing time for my work..
I shut down my laptop,and walked out of the office.
The air smelt so badly as i walked on the road ,the lawma guys were packing the garbage in the area.
All this guys deh try oh ,their nose go done block ,but wetin man go do,work no deh Nigeria.i heard they are been paid 25k a month.
Is that salary good?
I asked myself.
I branched one restaurant for junction..this restaurant hosts all the big boys of the area,the owner is iya ibeji,which means mama twins in English.
Present today was davido,he ordered for a 3 big wrap of pounded Yam and hot vegetable soup ,he also asked her to add assorted meats..
Na so i just deh salivate.
O.b.o i hail oh,u just deh flex life.i hailed him.
"engineer ,my name sake ,una weh deh build sky scraper,said davido.
He went straight to have his seat,he was accompanied by his macho body guard.
Who go even near davido as this guy deh with am.
Davido is one of the biggest boys in this area.anytime he is in Nigeria he always stops by iya ibeji restaurant.
"oga wetin u wan buy ,u just deh look davido like say u wan eat am" iya ibeji shouted.
No vex madam ,gimme exactly wetin davido buy,na him i need now.
She served me my dish,as i went to have a seat.
"Can i seat close to u" i asked the lady seating were i wanted to sit down ,and she shifted for me.
I sat down and began molding the pounded Yam like blocks and swallowing into my hungry belly.
I noticed the girl using the corner of her eye to observe me.
In my mind i was thinking she despised how i was eating.
So i told her sorry if i made her inconvenient.
She said no problem ,that she didn't mind.
"am David and what about u".i asked.
I am Nancy,u must be davido's friend cause i noticed ,u both exchanged pleasantries.
"i said yes ,he is my guy"
Nancy was already tripping for me.
I was going to take advantage.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
I got to know davido when the construction firm i work with handled the construction of one of davido's house .we became friends.
Nancy was a fine girl,pretty much like a girl who know how to have fun.
I asked her for her number.
And she gave me her number.,
"madam how much i chop?"i asked.
"oga ur bill na 400 naira.
I slipped my wallet out of my pocket ,and brought out a clean 500 naira note.
"madam come collect ur money."
"oga i no get 100 naira change,why u no tell me say u no get change before" Iya ibeji said.
"Madam wetin u deh pack all those change for,abeg gimme change there joh"?
This woman can be troublesome,but we know how to handle her.
"oga take ur change "
i took my change and dashed out of the premises.
Then took a bus and headed for ketu.
Ketu is where i live,ketu is a very busy area..
Immediately i got home ,i pulled off my clothes ,headed to the bathroom to take a shower.
Came out looking fresh like a new born baby.
Towelled my body,and put on casual wear..i jumped into the bed like a kid.
No light as usual,i started rehearsing my songs.
I discovered i had the talent of singing when i was in my final year in university..
I started singing.the title of the one i was rehearsing was ,omalicha.
Verse 1 lyrics.
"sisi none,why u deh form for me oh baby.
Shey nah because i never get that money but don't worry.
I go soon get the formula
and then after,we go deh count am for dollars".
"pram,pram,pram" phone ringing.
I immediately jumped up to get my phone.
I looked at the call,it was my ex -girlfriend, calling me.I picked the call.
"David am sorry for cheating on u,it was not my fault,the devil pushed me"she said.
"please don't ever call me again,how many times will i tell u,its over.i answered
i cut the call on her.
Caro is a calabar girl,we started dating last year.she is a dark in complexion girl,with curvy hips and moderate back side.. I caught her cheating on me with one of the business men in our area.
I showered her with love,but some girls are so greedy and insatiable.
My best friend was the first to catch her cheating on me ,immediately he saw her entering into his motor he called me ,and sent me the photo evidence. I was so heartbroken.
I went straight to one of the beer parlours around, and drank to stupor,i drank 6 bottles of star .
I slept in the gutter that day.
Love na bastard oh..
I can never forgive caro.,
i continued my rehearsals.
"nene oh ,nene,
omalicha nwa dinma,ifu go nwa bu sonma.*2".
I enjoyed my performance.
I always think of myself as the incarnate of the jack of all trade.
I can sing,rap,design,draw.
I immediately remembered Nancy,the girl that was tripping for me in the restaurant.
I picked my phone up and called her..
She didn't pick.
I called again and she picked.
"hello who am i speaking with" she asked.
"This is engineer David ,the guy that took ur number today at the restaurant."
"ok i have been waiting for ur call,what kept u long"
"i experienced a hold up on the road so i was hooked"�
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by coolestchris(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hmm
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by chimaicon(m): 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hey, chris we are waiting for ur update la, y yo dae waste tym la?...
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by coolestchris(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2017
Lets see about that
chimaicon:
Hey, chris we are waiting for ur update la, y yo dae waste tym la?...
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by chimaicon(m): 9:23am On Jan 14, 2017
coolestchris:
Lets see about that
Don't waste tym o biko
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Engineer By Coolest Chris by coolestchris(m): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Gonna start the continuation soon

(1) (Reply)

Mr Shy Episode 1,2,3 / My Sister My Best friend(flashback Story) --by Tinydick / FICTION: NK, The Adulterous Wife [part 2]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.