Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,922 members, 7,890,046 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water (1641 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport / The Country Of Western Nigeria Chamber Of Commerce Need Papers On Good Economy / Naija Electricity And Fuel Scarcity Funny Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by seeni4ever(m): 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2005
I was talking with my brother on the phone sometimes last week and i asked him to give me the email address of four of my friends in Nigeria, then he said he can give me their cell phone numbers. i was supprise to hear this, my friends have cell phones?. that means in terms communication, Nigeria and Nigerians are no more left behind.

But does this means that Nigeria is getting better or Nigerians are finding ways  to make themselves feel better despite of the problems we have in the country.

To be sincere, in Africa today Nigeria is the best in terms of communication, maybe after S.Africa. but there are other three things that we need in this country which are good roads, stable electricity and good water supply. if we have these three then plus good communication that will be equal to good economy. in developed countries today, these things are the bases of their good economy and they can not do without them. communication without mobility is nothing.
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by kenflavor(m): 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2005
Yeah, speaking.
WORD
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by Seun(m): 6:11am On Nov 29, 2005
Frankly speaking, I don't know what water is doing in seeni's list. We have water already: our water supply system is supplied by private sector bore hole operators and it's pretty ok as long as you know to boil your water before drinking.

If there's one thing the next administration can do to make Nigeria better, it will be to provide reliable and affordable electricity supply system.
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by pete(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2006
Not sure why seun would block a guy like you...but hey Seun I think you're wrong on this count, we do not have water in Nigeria.You called boiling your water having water? or having ur own hole dug as having water?, there is no water in Nigeria and no food. You may have to check the United Nations Statistics. Nigeria is one of the country with no food, to say the least water.America has food, becuase, with 5 dollars you would eat nicely...go to shaws and you would buy a huge baked chicken for 4ollars and 85cents...ok...but in Nigeria, such food is for the wealthy, why? because all the kids who read agri and agric econs in college are all in lagos working with a bank. we got the land and all that, but nobody is there to work them...farming for for the uneducated, wondering why kids still go to college to study agric and even soil management.....only to come to lagos where there is not even a soil to walk on.
Wondering why nigerian govt. can provide those basic amenities cited by the first threader. Its a shame, no electricity, no roads and all that stuff, just tired of even thinking about it...makes me sick to the stomach.
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by Seun(m): 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2006
So maybe the Government should provide free food for everybody since it's as essential as water?
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by Seun(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2006
We want electricity!
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by bodsibobo(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2008
you guys must go and re-listen to Fela's "Water, Lighti, foooodu, housie, wetin be them?"
Re: Foundation of a Good Economy: Communication, Transport, Electricity and water by ikeyman00(m): 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2008
water or no water what nigeria need now is enough and steady electrik; this is the economy driver for real; and goood road network nationwide and reasonable security

shikene

watch the nigeria inovators spring out like fugus

(1) (Reply)

Police Strike / Nigerian Youth Begin Countrywide Voter Mobilization Campaigns (Press Release) / Dr. Uba Made History : 16 Days In Office As A Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.