Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,732 members, 7,918,250 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:56 AM

Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice (2376 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
I need help urgently- my dog is down with Jaundice. His eyes, tongues, urine and skin has turn yellow. The Vet. Dr. has been treating him for some days now with slight or no improvement. He does not eat and he is very weak. We are also giving Doxycycline Capsules. Kindly help some advice on how I can help the dog. He is the most loyal among my dogs. Moderator kindly move this post to front page. Thank you.

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by eleko1: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Call Dr vet lalasticala the Snake charmer embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
My Vet already treating the Dog. I feel there is more I can do.
eleko1:
Call Dr vet lalasticala the Snake charmer embarassed
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
My vet is giving shots of antibiotic
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by damiz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
So how's your dog!!!!!!any improvement
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by Charlesdegaulle: 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Problem is some peeps are just so immature to know when to take issues seriously, and prefer rendering childish jokes.
Samdede, you could google some materials to determine if there is anything you could do in the interim. However, i remember there is a vet in this forum, drgbaks, who could also assist . All the best
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by GospelOkonye(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2016
I am so sorry for the heart ache, Get a syringe and force fees the dog, ensure it gets fluids and electrolytes (ORS), and add some pap, ensure by any means it eats, about he yellowish discolouration of the urine is caused by the dehydration. Besides what is the vetinary doctor treating it for? in the mean time get it ORS and keep pushing the fluid mixture into his mouth. You dog would be alright.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 11:12am On Sep 16, 2016
Charlesdegaulle:
Problem is some peeps are just so immature to know when to take issues seriously, and prefer rendering childish jokes.
Samdede, you could google some materials to determine if there is anything you could do in the interim. However, i remember there is a vet in this forum, drgbaks, who could also assist . All the best
Thank you for the encouragement. I came to nairaland in tears to get some hints from experienced breeders and some guys were making jest of my pet.

The dog has started picking up gradually. He is eating little by little. And his urine is clearing gradually but his eyes and skin is still yellowish. But the vet said he will come out of it. We are still giving anti-biotic and multivitamin. I must appreciate the hope you gave me.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 11:16am On Sep 16, 2016
GospelOkonye:
I am so sorry for the heart ache, Get a syringe and force fees the dog, ensure it gets fluids and electrolytes (ORS), and add some pap, ensure by any means it eats, about he yellowish discolouration of the urine is caused by the dehydration. Besides what is the vetinary doctor treating it for? in the mean time get it ORS and keep pushing the fluid mixture into his mouth. You dog would be alright.
Thanks for your response. My vet is treating for leptospirosis.
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by damiz(m): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2016
samdede:
Thanks for your response. My vet is treating for leptospirosis.
i really feel for dog bro...just make sure he gets enough fluid e.g pap u can mix it with glucose..
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
damiz:
i really feel for dog bro...just make sure he gets enough fluid e.g pap u can mix it with glucose..
I feed him with sweet potatoes mixed with crayfish and oil. He now takes water. He gradually picking up. Tnx bro. I believe the crisis stage has passed.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by damiz(m): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
samdede:
I feed him with sweet potatoes mixed with crayfish and oil. He now takes water. He gradually picking up. Tnx bro. I believe the crisis stage has passed.
Ask your Vet. Doc if you can give the dog cod liver oil.....
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 7:54am On Sep 17, 2016
damiz:

Ask your Vet. Doc if you can give the dog cod liver oil.....
Ok bro. The yellowish eyes, skin ETC is clearing gradually.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by damiz(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2016
samdede:
Ok bro. The yellowish eyes, skin ETC is clearing gradually.
Okay
Good to hear.all thanks to God

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
damiz:

Okay
Good to hear.all thanks to God
The vet said we should continue with Doxycycline capsule and glocuse. That the glucose will clear the yellowish skin ETC.
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by damiz(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
samdede:
The vet said we should continue with Doxycycline capsule and glocuse. That the glucose will clear the yellowish skin ETC.

Okay..it's all for the best
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by LeSammy: 10:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Congrats bruhh, I'm so happy your dog is getting better!

Hope you weren't offended by those immature commenters, they probably don't know the right time to joke

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by anochuks08(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2016
samdede:
Samdede, I sent you a PM, Can I get ur contact lets talk.
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2016
anochuks08:
Samdede, I sent you a PM, Can I get ur contact lets talk.
I didn't get your mail. you can reach me on msg4sam@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by anochuks08(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2016
samdede:
I didn't get your mail. you can reach me on msg4sam@yahoo.com thanks.
Thanks, sent you a message.
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by darmylolah(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hello samdede, just continue d medications as given by ur Vet, give lots of fluid too. Rest ur dog n feed well. Ur dog wil get better with time.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Thank God for Dante. He is back on his feet. I appreciate your words of encouragement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by legendsmother(f): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2016
@Samdede my dog got bitten by a snake we didn't know on time because he was barking my husband came nd saw it was a snake n killed it. 2days later my do as a swollen limb, this mornin I woke to see ithas burst is bleeding nd painful he can't walk on d limb d only vet I know Said he'l b back by monday "Neosure vet bayelsa" I donno what to do I googled an gav him aspirin nd cipro (antibiotics) was told to also rub kerosene and mud on the injury site any1 wif usefull suggestions pls help
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by damiz(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2016
samdede:
Thank God for Dante. He is back on his feet. I appreciate your words of encouragement.
Nice....I'm happy for you bro

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by emeka2847: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please be careful with giving your god aspirin.
Meantime, look for a vet ASAP, no matter what

legendsmother:
@Samdede my dog got bitten by a snake we didn't know on time because he was barking my husband came nd saw it was a snake n killed it. 2days later my do as a swollen limb, this mornin I woke to see ithas burst is bleeding nd painful he can't walk on d limb d only vet I know Said he'l b back by monday "Neosure vet bayelsa" I donno what to do I googled an gav him aspirin nd cipro (antibiotics) was told to also rub kerosene and mud on the injury site any1 wif usefull suggestions pls help
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by samdede(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
legendsmother:

Please look for a good vet ASAP.
Re: Please Help My Dog Is Down With Jaundice by Baroba(m): 1:21am On Oct 02, 2016
legendsmother:

You should have rushed to another vet instead of wsiting for symptoms, I just hope it wasn't a puff adder that bit your dog.. Kerosene and mud will do absolutely nothing, what the dog needs is anti inflammatory pain killers, ivabx, steroids and anti venom if available, in the interim, try and minimise the dogs movement.. good luck..

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Hunter Kills And Butcher Gorilla In Sapele, Delta State / 6 Weeks Pedigree Pitbull Pups For Sale ...both Male & Female / Boerbel VS German Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.