Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,292 members, 7,900,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:14 PM

How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. (3222 Views)

I Need Advanced PHP Programming,ajax And JS Ebooks, Pls!!! / How To Connect Vb.net Windows Application To Php And My Sql Database / Basics Of PHP Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 15, 2009
Well i guess u mis-intrepreted my post i said i see pple as brilliant before i notice their sex.when i mean see you girl it,s not to bring you down.that,s how i talk like bye babe,or bye dude.why would i want to tackle someone i dont know.but sorry if u misunderstand me.btw am not a sexist.@s4 just download apache php mysql seperrately it.s easier to have control and locate issues.bye dude[color=][/color]
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2009
pc guru:

Well i guess u mis-intrepreted my post i said i see pple as brilliant before i notice their sex.when i mean see you girl it,s not to bring you down.that,s how i talk like bye babe,or bye dude.why would i want to tackle someone i dont know.but sorry if u misunderstand me.btw am not a sexist.@s4 just download apache php mysql seperrately it.s easier to have control and locate issues.bye dude[color=][/color]

ok, i get you now. grin ok.sorry also then, no one said you are a sexist psl o ! , well the poster can try anything that works for him, good luck !
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 9:58am On Oct 15, 2009
Everybody, I appreciate your contributions but i would so much love it if we stay within the context on the topic. "HOW DO I INSTALL PHP, MY SQL TO KICK START MY PHP PROGRAMMING LESSON". Who deliver the assistance is of no priority. We just need to add to someone's knowledge and to me it is a Pleasant wish and activity to engage in, or what do you all think.

Pls i still need assistance on the topic, i can come over to get it done. Pls help me Php course.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2009
1.Go to Apache webpage and download the latest build.
2.Go to php.net and also download the latest package from them.
3.The same for mysql or you might even get them from extracting wamp. The next tutorial is going to be long brace yourself
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 10:57am On Oct 15, 2009
How to install Apache (and PHP & MySQL) on Windows: test your web pages at home
http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/how-to-install-apache-php-mysql.html
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 15, 2009
[Alert:This articles is not 100% accurate.if you find any error pls correct it out for me thanx]

Apache Install
Install
-------

- You must first install the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.
Download and Install, if you not done it already, from:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

- Unzip the apache2 folder to c:/apache2 (that is the server root in the config).

Start apache in a DOS box:

>httpd.exe

Install as a service:

>httpd.exe -k install

ApacheMonitor:

Double click ApacheMonitor.exe, or put it in your Startup folder.

Php Installation Guide
s4 basically you need to link your php to your Apache so these settings will be put in your file php.ini located in the php folder.

note("#" and ";" is unix style for commenting any word after this is simply ignored by the system)

settings look for them with search
DETAILED EXPLAINATION

error_reporting = E_ALL

(this just specifiy the level of error reporting generated by php,now it should set to E_ALL,but when deploying ur site online you should turn it off.)

extension_dir = "c:\php\ext"

this links to your php folder extension that come with php like simplexml,calendar,mysql,mysqli.if not specified your php will not recognize somethings

doc_root =c:\apache2\htdocs

this is the web server root where phpApache will serve your webpages and where dreamweaver will also treat as a Site Root.in this case my folder is called apache2

windows extension
you will see lots of extensions here but they are disabled.
;extension=php_mysql.dll remove the";" to enable them like this "extension=php_mysql.dll"

[MySQL]
now this section almost drove me mad for some reason mysql set a default password and username without even me declaring it.so
mysql.default_host ='localhost'
mysql.default_user ='SYSTEM'
mysql.default_password ='admin'
[note:you should change this or leave them blank first if connecting php to mysql gives error then we can always revert here.but just take note of it.]

leave default socket and port empty.Now this concludes the partial end of php.ini though we will still come back.now to tell apache that we adding php to him.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2009
Change of Plan. i think that link to the site is better. i suggest you saved each pages you never know what might go wrong.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2009
I am using this posting to say an BIG THANK YOU to all that contributed, viewed and observed the build up from start and during the cos of this positing which as solve my problems and as kick start my class on Php, My Sql. I appreciate you all.

Coonz,Pc Guru, Krix, Dave.emuobo, Chocolove, Sweet_pawn, MC Guru, all a lot i cannot mention now, thanks and God bless.

Lets keep the flag flying Gentlemen and Ladies.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2009
grin grin my name ! cool ! God bless also!
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2009
Welcome yes your name. You were outstanding and wonderful in solving my challenges. That is more like what Nigerians use to be in those days (Brothers Keepers). No sentiments, No Tribalism, No Religious barrier, No carrier difference, No Economic Status. Nigerians just help. Lets all carry on this wonderful spirit of assistance. Thanks all again. Its a pleasure meeting all of you. shocked
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by cartoon1b: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2009
pls and pls can someone out there help on how i can install script on the server can anyone out there teach me that,with step by step picture guide, what and what that i have to do first before, and what and what that i need to do first
here is my email robhilson24@rediff.com
the script is php

actually will be hoping to hear from you soon,

to the poster and other webmasters out there
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2009
what do u expect s4 this is a community of hardworking and serious motivated people,though am not that advance but anytime i dey, type this in your address bar <quote>http://www.pdf-search-engine.com/javascript-bible-pdf.html</quote> and search for php books and mysql, take care,

@chocolove saw ur offline message embarassed

@cartton what do u mean by script,
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2009
cartoon1b:

pls and pls can someone out there help on how i can install script on the server can anyone out there teach me that,with step by step picture guide, what and what that i have to do first before, and what and what that i need to do first
here is my email robhilson24@rediff.com
the script is php

actually will be hoping to hear from you soon,

to the poster and other webmasters out there

yeah, please tell us what is it about so we can also think about it
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2009
@pc guru, @chocolove nawaooo. Offline outside here. if someone like me could get offline from my ogas in here, i would nt mind at all.

Yea @pc guru, no body is an island, rub my sholde i rub your shoulder makes the world go round, you know.

@cartoon1b, pls be more explicit on your question. We all would like to gain one or two new thing from your experience.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
@s4 not what you mean oh.Just a small misunderstanding with my post. I meant if there's any issue with some php stuff that i dey here to help along with other nairalanders. I not use to phone typing of msg so i cut words.How your side.Take care of which my future wife leaves around you so who knows?Might be showing at that side.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
pc guru:

@s4 not what you mean oh.Just a small misunderstanding with my post. I meant if there's any issue with some php stuff that i dey here to help along with other nairalanders. I not use to phone typing of msg so i cut words.How your side.Take care of which my future wife leaves around you so who knows?Might be showing at that side.

holla pc Guru grin hehe, your getting married ?? hey, invite me naw ooo, ! wink
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
Thanx in 9 years time i'll invite u, am still young
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2009
Hummmm, Lets get back to the little challenge at hand now.

The challenge posted by @cartoon1b.

Anybody with a suggested anwser pls.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by mizbelle: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2009
i need help on my sql table pls check it here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-345467.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Did Your Coding Set-up Cost You? / Help Java Programmers: Need Help With A Java Assignment / Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.