Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,285 members, 7,881,064 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:45 AM

My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] (1023 Views)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by rectitude(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
As shared on www.fixmeblog.com

I am a lady in my mid twenties, and a graduate. There’s this friend of my mum, they have been friends for a long time, whenever she comes, there’s always complains about her son who is overseas, she complains that he has been there for more than 5 years without coming back home, her frequent visits were becoming rather annoying until 3 months ago when my mum gave me a shocker, she told me that her friend wants me for her son, amazingly, my mum is clearly in support, she has even disclosed to her that I am still a virgin and this has further increased her desire for me to marry her son.

Now we have been comnunicating, he calls me daily, twice or more a day and have been sending money, he’s now begining to call me his wife. Although am beginning to like him but am scared beacaus I don’t really know him that much, I don’t want to diasapoint my mum who has been enthusiastic about the whole thing, she raised us all as a single mum after we lost our dad.

They have even gone ahead to fix December as our traditional weeding. Something keeps telling me am making a big mistake. Please I need your opinion on this.

www.fixmeblog.com is a site where you can share/ask any question and you'll be fixed.
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Florblu(f): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Make sure he comes to Nigeria
spend time with him and get use to him
If after then you still love/like him then tie the knot(it is called Favour) and if otherwise retrace your steps
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by ThrillmeatRep(f): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
Fix me ko
Join me ni
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by mercichoco(f): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Do you really need help? go ahead if you find him interest, else you step aside, make your reasons clear to your mum.

But know that whatever our mothers do, it is because of the love they have for us.
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
I probably know the intended husband. grin
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:
lol

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
Florblu:
Make sure you he comes to Nigeria
spend time with him and get use to him
If after then you still love/like him then tie the knot(it is called Favour) and if otherwise retrace your steps
So many errors in your statement shocked #SMH

GST 121

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by rectitude(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
Fix me ko
Join me ni

Lol, what does that mean?
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Florblu(f): 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
bbmpin:
GST 121
And you are not wise enough to understand that it is typographical error?
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Florblu(f): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
bbmpin:
GST 121
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by jashar(f): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
berra access the guy wella before you marry.

na una 2 go dey the marriage no be him and ya mama.

don't allow anyone one to pressure you into making principal decisions that concern your life.
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Florblu:

shocked shocked

"Tomatoes Tomatos" undecided

you were wrong!!! always read your statements before posting them!

i wont insult you lipsrsealed # not worth the effort

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Akanbibabatunde(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
rectitude:
As shared on www.fixmeblog.com

www.fixmeblog.com [b]is a site where you can share/ask any question and you'll be fixed.[/b]
this thing dey vex me angry like naa una go follow solve problem.... Oya... I no get rice for house and I don tire to dey waka about... Help me fix it pls
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Akanbibabatunde(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:
How dare you blur my uncle's face on your dp Do you want to blind him angry
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
Akanbibabatunde:
How dare you blur my uncle's face on your dp Do you want to blind him angry

Your Uncle? Are you sure he isn't your ancestor's half-brother? grin
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Akanbibabatunde(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Your Uncle? Are you sure he isn't your ancestor's half-brother? grin
who cares, and how dare you make joke out of my uncle's lack of skin pigment.
angry
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Akanbibabatunde:
who cares, and how dare you make joke out of my uncle's lack of skin pigment.
angry

Just because I know I can go scotfree. tongue
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:

u finally uploaded ur pic.nice anyway
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
u finally uploaded ur pic.nice anyway

Lol. Merçi.
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Akanbibabatunde(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:

no, you are marked already.... U can't go scot free angry
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
Akanbibabatunde:
no, you are marked already.... U can't go scot free angry

I'm not marked. angry
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Akanbibabatunde(m): 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:

I'm not marked. angry
you are... U stepped on ma toes already angry
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
They have even gone ahead to fix December as our traditional weeding. Something keeps telling me am making a big mistake. Please I need your opinion on this

Not a good thing buh he could turn out to be a nice person. Develop some interest in him, video chat with him, request that you wanna see him (either he comes down or you go there) .
Spending a few days with him could help you make up your mind about his kind of person.
BTW, do you have a serious relationship going at the moment? If you do, then by all means inform your mum and stay loyal to your guy, all that glitters isn't gold.
PS : how far with the money he has been sending you, you've been gladly accepting and spending them? If yes, then just adjust yourself to being his wife. You can't eat your cake and have it
Re: My Mum Is Planning A Marriage For Me With Someone I Barely Know [HELP] by firstking01(m): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
How come we have too many girls on this girlsangry

(1) (Reply)

You Might Be Missing! Ilegend Whatsapp Group! Hahahaha / Looking For Hot Girls In Obalende / How Do I Get Over My Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.