Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,279 members, 7,887,809 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:14 PM

Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace (1660 Views)

Malala - Illuminati Psy Op Wins Nobel "Peace" Prize / Breaking News! Yousoufzai Malala And Kailashi Satyathi Wins nobel peace price / BREAKING:Malala Yousafzai Wins Nobel Peace Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by sandee575(f): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2009
Trail blazer President Obama has done it again by winning the Nobel prize.
What does this translate to for world peace.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by back2back(f): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2009
Trail blazer President Obama has done it again by winning the Nobel prize.
What does this translate to for world peace.

what is world peace?

who decides whats world peace?

we should have open mind and not accept all 'junks' from Western Media!
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by snowdrops(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2009
A big blow to the right wing critics/cynics
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by sandee575(f): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2009
@back2back
can we be more objective here?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Sagamite(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2009
Bad news for him on the short term, good for the long term.

This would hinder the ease of being able to make certain types of tough aggressive decisions that a US president might have to make.

Once no more president, then he can start appreciating its worth.

If I was him, I would not want it now.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by AKO1(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2009
I was expecting it to be Morgan Tsvangari. . . undecided
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by mystikal(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2009
im really struggling to understand the humour or sarcasm in that smiley
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Kobojunkie: 11:42am On Oct 09, 2009
@Poster, Why? No, seriously, WHY??
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Sagamite(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
Come to think of it, it is really a poor decision by the Nobel selection committee as I can not yet see a result for any effort that the prize is alluding to.

At least Tsvangarai has shown a lot of restraint despite abuse to bring something better for the people, and the result is becoming evident on the ground.

This is a situation where I really question the human decision making reliability and the awe allocated to the intelligence of those that occupy certain position of decision making roles (i.e. members of the Nobel Committee).
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by back2back(f): 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2009
This is a situation where I really question the human decision making reliability and the awe allocated to the intelligence of those that occupy certain position of decision making roles (i.e. members of the Nobel Committee).

You don't need to question rather understand them.

This is another WESTERN honour, which is Political!

Tsvangarai has not delivered for this pay-masters, he wont be getting it any time soon

Remember, Mugabe was given Order of British Empire when the good was going on well!

What is world peace?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by nex(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
So really, I don't know what to say apart from the fact that all these organizations are beginning to show themselves as political lobbyists.

If Obama does not immediately reject this award immediately, it will be used to restrain and control him by appealing to his sense of vanity. This is all it is.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Kay17: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2009
its means nothin. Gorbachev got it for settin off a process that dismantled soviet union, likewise Obama is gettin it for diminishin US power.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by sultaan(m): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
That was not fair cry

How about Yar Afool and his payoff amnesty deal, he is bringing peace to the Niger Delta.
He has also done a lot of work with Sudan, Guinea, even won the war against the Nigerian Taliban.

This indicates that even the Nobel committee does not like the Nigerian Government tongue
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by mamagee6(f): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
He deserves it.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by spoOne: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2009
All those right-wing racists should go and commit suicide in droves. This would make the world a much better place.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Mamajama(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2009
Can someone please publish the criteria for a Noble Price?

Has Obama not been diplomatic in how USA image is been perceived all over the world?

Has he not been instrumental in bringing dialogue among many nations?

If you will criticize the man, at least have your vital points.

He is well deserving of the price.

At least we have a president that is engaging and not rushing a nation to war.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by SEFAGO(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2009
A big blow to the right wing critics/cynics

Not really, i dont think so. It is very likely that Obama is winning a second term-he hasnt being able to do much in America, the nobel prize is not going to save him. Also, a lot of Americans including left/right wing are arguing that Obama doesnt deserve  it and it has political connotations.  I think it came at the wrong time.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by CrudeOil2(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2009
What has he done to deserve the award? By being the first black president of the USA or by making speeches or what?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Mamajama(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2009
@SEFAGO on what basis or what a criterion makes you think Obama will not be re-elected?

Wait till the medical reform passes.  

76% of Americans want the reform, so what will the 24% that are screaming can do? His approval rating is slipping but that is to be expected.

People keep saying he hasn’t done anything.  Did you guys remember what the poor guy inherited?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2009
Americans have wanted that reform, and have been promised that reform for decades. This man is doing what those before him have done in that area and still no REFORM. so why give him the AWARD before he actually delivers?? And again, the Nobel peace price is not about Health Care reform in america.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by nex(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
Can anyone mention to me where in the world Obama has brought PEACE?

If he does anything for the USA or its citizenry, that's purely selfish and I don't know what it has to do with a Nobel peace prize. Was there some kind of uprising in the USA which he quelled?

It's all politics which Europe want to employ in bringing the USA to its knees.

The man himself confessed that he honestly does not believe he deserves it and that it is clearly not a reflection of his achievements.

The man was nominated for the award before February 1st 2009 and he was sworn into office on January 20th. That's 12 days. What are they trying to tell us? That he brought World Peace in 12 days?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by MadMax1(f): 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2009
Shouldn't you get that after years of struggle to overcome hiccups to peace or progress in a particular region, and overcoming? I think Mandela has one. Suu Ki, the Burmese democracy icon under house arrest for almost two decades, won one. What's he getting it for? I like the guy, but, come on. It's ridiculous.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Mamajama(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
And what did Desmond TUTU get it for?
Let's see… so far, Obama has pulled the country back from the brink of another Great Depression, re-invigorated the quest for world-wide nuclear disarmament, opened lines of communication with hostile governments and won their respect, kept hundreds of thousands of Americans working in the auto industry, and brought the country to the edge of reforming health care, which no previous president has been able to do for the last century. And, now, he's won the Nobel Peace Prize. KUDOS MR President
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by HIO4: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
Wow, what exactly has Obama done to deserve "this"??
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by chillbabe(f): 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
Me thinks this is just to spite George.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by blackspade(m): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
They're diminishing the prestige of this prize. He should give it back, I don't think he deserves it.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
The prize should have been given to UMORU YARADUA for acheiving peace in the Niger Delta! grin grin grin
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by MadMax1(f): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2009
Lol
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Sagamite(m): 12:10am On Oct 10, 2009
My God!!!

Lets put this in context.

Mamajama:

Let's see… so far, Obama has pulled the country back from the brink of another Great Depression,

What has this got to do with "Peace"?

Mamajama:

re-invigorated the quest for world-wide nuclear disarmament,

OK, and what has been achieved (apart from abstract PROPOSALS) to warrant an esteemed award?

Mamajama:

opened lines of communication with hostile governments and won their respect,

Which ones did he win their respect? Iran? North Korea? Al Qaeda? Taliban?

Mamajama:

kept hundreds of thousands of Americans working in the auto industry,

I am struggling. What has this got to do with "Peace"?

Mamajama:

and brought the country to the edge of reforming health care,

I am so lost I don't know where I am, I need a Sat Nav. What has this got to do with "Peace"?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by sjeezy8: 5:38am On Oct 10, 2009
^^^^^ lol
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by SeanT21(f): 6:28am On Oct 10, 2009
This is ridiculous. What peace has Obama brought to the world?? He's been in power since the beginning of 09 and has not done shit. How can Obama compare to the other Nobel peace prize winners like Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu.He does not deserve that award and he damn well knows it. If I was him I will return it ASAP.

"According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded "to the person who have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".Mr Alfred Nobel is probably turning in his grave. cry
Re: Barack Obama Wins Nobel Price For Peace by Sagamite(m): 7:20am On Oct 10, 2009
^^^^ calm down, don't let us get carried away.

Obama is doing fine, he is NOT doing nothing. He has just not done enough in the perspective of "peace" to be worthy of this exclusive and esteemed award, and it is a shock (even to him to the point of severe embarassment) that he was awarded the prize.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who's Your Best Senate President Ever? / Fashola Calls For Establishement Of State Police / Anti-islam Film - The Film Behind The Fury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.