Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,725 members, 7,892,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

How Do I Dress To An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Dress To An Interview? (648 Views)

How Do I Dress For A Police Job Interview? / How Do I Dress For An Engineering Job Interview? / Should I Dress This Way For An Interview With Mtn Tomoro? (pix Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Dress To An Interview? by olempe(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2009
That depends on the position, but it seldom hurts to be formal. When you arrange the
interview on the phone is easy and quite appropriate, if the company’s officer are nearby
you can drop by and see how the employees dress. Your appearance is the first thing the
interviewer will notice about you. So it should be as favorable and professional as
possible.
Your grooming should be immaculate with hair and nail clean. You may not notice it but
the interviewer will. If appropriate, clean and press your clothes, comb your hair, scrape
your chin and shine your shoes. Before the interview, go to the restroom to check your
appearance.
-Men should wear a business suit and a conservative tie (stripes are good)
-Women should wear a daytime dress or business coordinates.
If you don’t regularly wear these clothes, check for strains and missing button sometime
before the interview. The dress code is an important part of an organization’s culture.
Being overdressed or under dressed at the interview can indicate that you don’t really
know what the potential employer is about. If you dress in a similar vein to the
employees, you are subtly projecting the image that you are already one of them.
Tip courtesy of www.mydreamjob.tk

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Selling This Product / Clean Toshiba A120 Satelite-pro Laptop For Sale / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.