Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,661 members, 7,962,151 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo (373 Views)

Court Unfreezes 16 Accounts Belonging To Patience Jonathan / Wike Revokes C Of O Belonging To Hotel Used For APC Meetings In Rivers / Houses & Cars Belonging To Kidnappers In Kogi Destroyed By Governor Bello. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by gabinweb: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Igbo community residents in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has appealed the federal government to include Igbo people resident in Abuja in Board and other political appointments in the capital to give Ndigbo a sense of belonging in the present government.

The delegation of Igbo resident led by Eze Ndigbi of Abuja, Eze Ibe Nwosu, made this appeal on Wednesday when they visited FCT minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, in his office in Abuja.

In his speech to the delegates, the FCT Minister urge Ndigbo to support the present government, stressing that without their cooperation, the federal government would not make any achievement.

He said that President need supports from Nigerians irrespective of ethnic, political or religious beliefs, adding that president Buhari is working hard to make the country a better place for the citizens and investors.

Source: http://www.thegistbaze.com/2016/09/government-should-give-us-sense-of.html?m=1
Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by arosunshine(m): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by sarrki(m): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
The sense of belonging I know

&

The answer is minister of FINANCE
Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by Timolanki(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
Buhari would rather die than grant that. The solution is BIAFRA!!!
Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by Israeljones(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
This has always being my problem with some factions of the igbos...pls i have a question for y'all...

PLS WHO HAS BEEN GIVING YOU PEOPLE THE SENSE OR IDEA THAT YOU DONT BELONG?
i wonder what you have bin sufferring that other tribes dont suffer..or are there somethings other tribes r enjoying secretly the igbos dont?

Until you people start realising that,,yu r just bin used as a pawn in this political conspiracy theory the better...

And with my observation,,the only group of people so actively involve in putting and brewing this idea everytime are 2 set of igbos....
1. Those political persons using the division thing as a device to unsettle the current govt..
2. The igbos who lived abroad who left for a long time but based their biased opinions on the past experiences they had b4 leaving the shores and also what they read on newspaper and online...
...b4 people start spitting shit..Am not a fan of buhari neither do i have any affiliations wif any party..

But if your intentions is to divide this country for a selfish reasons..GOD WILL ALWAYS DIVIDE YOUR UNION(be it ur family,cult,church gathering, social gathering or any other type of union) YOU MIGHT BELONG TOO..

hoping for a one and a better Nigeria and not this one...

1 Like

Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by 9japride(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
Israeljones:
This has always being my problem with some factions of the igbos...pls i have a question for y'all...

PLS WHO HAS BEEN GIVING YOU PEOPLE THE SENSE OR IDEA THAT YOU DONT BELONG?
i wonder what you have bin sufferring that other tribes dont suffer..or are there somethings other tribes r enjoying secretly the igbos dont?

Until you people start realising that,,yu r just bin used as a pawn in this political conspiracy theory the better...

And with my observation,,the only group of people so actively involve in putting and brewing this idea everytime are 2 set of igbos....
1. Those political persons using the division thing as a device to unsettle the current govt..
2. The igbos who lived abroad who left for a long time but based their biased opinions on the past experiences they had b4 leaving the shores and also what they read on newspaper and online...
...b4 people start spitting shit..Am not a fan of buhari neither do i have any affiliations wif any party..

But if your intentions is to divide this country for a selfish reasons..GOD WILL ALWAYS DIVIDE YOUR UNION(be it ur family,cult,church gathering, social gathering or any other type of union) YOU MIGHT BELONG TOO..

hoping for a one and a better Nigeria and not this one...
[color=#006600][/color]

Bros I am very sure u are not based on this country. Since after the Biafra war there is a high level of hate towards Igbos. As for comparing Igbos to other tribes in terms of not giving them a sense of belonging, if others prefer to be mumu to the Hausa/Fulani that's their cup of tea. U don't expect others to librate u from slavery. Igbos will always fight for their right and postion, since u don't want them to leave. If u can't see reason in their demands then u are one of the propagators of hate towards Igbos in Nigeria. Pls their fight does not concern u. Mind ur business and make ur tribe successful too.
Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by papparatzzi2013: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
Having sense of belonging is being appointed into political posts?

No wonder the Drunken Master of Otuoke was your son.
Re: Government Should Give Us A Sense Of Belonging - Ndigbo by attackgat: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
If Igbos don't have a sense of belonging after 102 years, common sense should tell us Igbos we are in the wrong country

(1) (Reply)

Our Efforts To Rescue Chibok Schoolgirls – Lai Mohammed / I Will Empower Women, Create 200,000 Jobs – Godwin Obaseki / The Nigerian Woes: Where The Beats Led Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.