Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,477 members, 7,951,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

7 Reasons Why You Need To Read By Olawade David B. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons Why You Need To Read By Olawade David B. (306 Views)

Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB / 7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Need To Read By Olawade David B. by masterpiecedavid(m): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
7 REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO READ BY OLAWADE DAVID B.
“I can’t write without a reader. It’s like a kiss- you can’t do it alone”- JOHN CHEEVER

I have come to realize how passionate I am about writing. This zeal is driving me day by day. Many might be surprised or offended with my daily broadcasts on social media. I will be sharing with all and sundry on this article the reasons why we need to read.

I am a ‘writing drunkard’. Writing has the same irresistible temptation for me like liquor has for its devotee.

“Readers are not sheep, and not every pen tempts them”- VLADIMIR NABOKOV

I sincerely appreciate everyone who has been reading and following our posts. Who am I to take your time? Thank you for trusting my write ups and pieces.

“Reading is not a gift, it is a choice made by wise men”- ANONYMOUS.

No man is born a reader. Reading is a product of choice geared by conscious commitment. I have overheard people say; “I don’t like reading” or “I don’t have the gift of reading”.

Why do you need to read?

TO GAIN EASILY WHAT OTHERS HAVE LABOURED HARD FOR

“Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for”- SOCRATES

There are words, experiences, excerpts and stories that are summarized in books and articles that would have cost you more than the commitment you make in reading a particle piece at your disposal.
It is important to know that every writer spend more time to put their write ups together that the time you engage to read them.

TO FIND WORDS FOR WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW
“May be this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness, we return to books: to find words for what we already know”- ALBERTO MANGUEL

Many of the words and expressions we find in books and articles are things we might have known but when we read, we are reminded of them. We get the realities and applications of what we already know by reading the write ups of writers.
Often time, when I come across the write ups of other authors, I see them write my thoughts but I see it in another dimension through them and emphasis on what I already know is made. A man can always learn from what he already knows through another man.

TO TRANSFORM THE PAST INTO KNOWLEDGE MADE APPLICABLE TO THE PRESENT
“When a reader enters the pages of a book of poetry, he or she enters the world where dreams transform the past into knowledge made applicable to the present and where visions shape the present into extraordinary possibilities for the future”- ABERJHANI

Reading makes us transform our past knowledge to application for the present and gives us possibilities for the future. Every reader has an answer to his present situations and solutions to their future challenges.

TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE
“The time you spend reading is the time you spend fellowshipping with the one who wrote the books”- DAG HEWARD MILLS.

Why do men complain about being bored? Why do you feel lonely? I have realized books are one of the greatest companions a man can have. That moment you feel bored and desire to relate with someone, get the books, materials, articles and write ups.
Someone is always waiting to keep your company through their writings. As a writer, I Have discovered over time that the best way to share my time with all and sundry is by sharing my thoughts in writing everyone to read.

TO GET INSPIRATION IN THE TIME OF NEED
“It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it”- OSCAR WILDE

We all get to cross roads when we need to make decisions on daily basis. We can always get the bearings for the cross roads from the inspirations and motivations we have acquired from the books we have read over time.
Any man that despises reading is in a long run despising help in the time of need. Don’t be stranded, engage the act of reading.

TO OVERCOME MOMENTARY IGNORANCE
“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance”- CONFUCIUS.

Many have surrendered to self-chosen ignorance due to poor reading habit. No man can know beyond what he had heard, seen, experienced and thought. You grow in wisdom, knowledge and understanding through reading.
Any man who is aware of his poor reading habit is aware of his ignorance. A man who celebrates his poor reading habit is celebrating his ignorance.

TO KNOW AND LEARN FROM THE SECRETS, EXPERIENCE AND MOTIVATIONS OF THE WRITER
“Every secret of a writer’s soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works”- VIRGINIA WOOLF.

You get to know the true identity and personality of an author in his writing. As a writer, I noticed that there are some personal issues, experience, thoughts that I share in my write ups but I don’t usually discuss in my conversations with people.
You learn better from an author through his writings not only by their conversations and lifestyle.

For the love of Revival, Spiritual Re-awakening And Global Revolution.
OLAWADE DAVID B.
MASTERPIECE PUBLISHING HOUSE INT’L.
Read over 150 articles on masterpieceph.com
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Need To Read By Olawade David B. by Calismart(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Your write up is nice.
But you know why i always read? Because i love to read
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Need To Read By Olawade David B. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
Impressive.

cool

(1) (Reply)

Robust Sales/inventory Management System For Supermarket, Stores, Pharmacy,e.t.c / Rooms To Rent For Pre-science Candidates / Career Development Traininig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.