Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,495 members, 7,888,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:57 AM

Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: (1793 Views)

Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating / After Introduction, Whose Responsibility Is It To Pay A Girl's School Fee? / Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by playahP(m): 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2009
My friend (a married man) had a fight with his wife simply because he (the husband) refused to pay the school fees of the wife's siblings. This happened some months ago but i just wan know if its also the responsibility of the man to take care of his spouses' FAMILY,
He confided in me but unknown to him, his wife already told me about it long before he told me, *chuckles*
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Shola2009(m): 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
Which sibling's dirty school fees shocked angry thats not his duty, Tell him to tell his wife ,that he's not goin to pay jack!!Let her pack her load and go jor!! btw, why cant she pay the fees??
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by 190: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2009
^^ and i guess the man is a playah just like u based in lagos cityyyyyy angry
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Akinagirl(f): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2009
His responsibility should be his wife and kids if he has any. It isn't his responsibility to take care of his wife's siblings school fees. If he does it would be a gift. But the children have parents, that is their responsibility. Not her husband's.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 10, 2009
If he has the money to do it why not undecided? If he doesnt then thats a whole other issue.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 10, 2009
if he has the money he can pay their school fees.

If he doesnt, then he shouldnt.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by playahP(m): 2:07am On Oct 10, 2009
yeah he has the money, the guy is rich, i mean really rich but i think there is something i am not being told,
maybe he already had a fight with his wife and decided to show his anger by not assisting her familia, idk
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 10, 2009
playah P:

yeah he has the money, the guy is rich, i mean really rich but i think there is something i am not being told,
maybe he already had a fight with his wife and decided to show his anger by not assisting her familia, idk
Most likely the case smiley
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by playahP(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
blah, d/k
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by klerry(m): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2009
I think we are talking about reponsibility here; is it or is it not, I think it is not. We should stop talking about if he has money or not. If he has the money and he feels he should then he can, but it is not his responsibility.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by no1madman(m): 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
it's bad if d man have money and refused 2 take care  of his children because of conflicts.(IF HE REALLY CARES,HE WILL TAKE CARE OF D PROBLEM)
fights r inevitable in a relationship,but it's not justifiable 4 punishing d children. . .it could lead 2  long- term psychological damage 2 their children. . .to protect d children, couples should accept that conflict is normal but avoid hostility when they argued or fight.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 11, 2009
playah P:

I'm sure thats it.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by boy1(m): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2009
millionaire or not,he should pay 4 d damn school fees at least. . .e dey take style run away from his responsibilities.
if d marriage don tire him,let him be a man and flog d issue. . .d guy sound like pusssy.he's not even matured or fit 2 be call a father.stupid man. . .d guy no dey think well well.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2009
no1madman:

it's bad if d man have money and refused 2 take care  of his children because of conflicts.(IF HE REALLY CARES,HE WILL TAKE CARE OF D PROBLEM)
fights r inevitable in a relationship,but it's not justifiable 4 punishing d children. . .it could lead 2  long- term psychological damage 2 their children. . .to protect d children, couples should accept that conflict is normal but avoid hostility when they argued or fight.

Are u sure u read and understand the topic? We are talking abt his  wife's siblings not the man's children.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2009
boy1:

millionaire or not,he should pay 4 d damn school fees at least. . .e dey take style run away from his responsibilities.
if d marriage don tire him,let him be a man and flog d issue. . .d guy sound like pusssy.he's not even matured or fit 2 be call a father.stupid man. . .d guy no dey think well well.

Off topic, its not his children we are talking abt here, we are talking abt wife's siblings. His responsibilities?
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2009
@Op,

If him wants to help fine but it shouldn't be forced on him.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Atreus(f): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2009
Which bloody responsibility? He is under no obligation to take care/provide financially for his wife's siblings. That he has the money to do so is not the issue. The fact is,it's not his responsibility. Of course if,he chooses to do so,no probs,but it's not his responsibility,shikena! As for the woman,i feel sorry for her. This kind of thing destroys marriages. Even if she wants to take it up with her husband,fighting with him is not the way to go about it.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Eshyy(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2009
Are the parents of these children dead? If yes, ís the wife the eldest among them.
This ís wat deters most men frm marriage. First u are given a long list 4 introduction, then a 60 leaf note book filled up 4 marriage plus brideprice afta all this u're stil xpected to take kia of her family. No wonda our men get wrinkles quik? And d woman might just b sittin at home all this while.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by aaidel(m): 2:29am On Oct 12, 2009
Typical nigerian women and their nonsense. If the guy didnt pay his own siblings fees would she quarrel with him? Thats why i can never have any of my wife's relatives stay with us
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Agnesqueen(f): 2:39am On Oct 12, 2009
playah P:

My friend (a married man) had a fight with his wife simply because he (the husband) refused to pay the school fees of the wife's siblings. This happened some months ago but i just wan know if its also the responsibility of the man to take care of his spouses' FAMILY,
He confided in me but unknown to him, his wife already told me about it long before he told me, *chuckles*

Well if she is working why doesnt she just pay for her sibling?I mean the man should have to worry about paying his bills and his inlaw bills as well. But you said the guy is rich, i guess he is selfish or a little egotistical. If he loves his wife he should do it to please her. I mean how would it look if you have a mansion and your inlaw is unemployed on the streets because he/she has no money to pay their school fees. have a heart people. smiley
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by aomom(m): 3:03am On Oct 12, 2009
if he is capable therez nathing wrong at all, let him do it if he can buh if otherwise the wife shuld understand
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by no1madman(m): 8:02am On Oct 12, 2009
justwise:

Are u sure u read and understand the topic? We are talking abt his wife's siblings not the man's children.
wife's siblings as in step-siblings--does it really matter. . .as long as they r still dependent,it'll be wise if d man take care of them--he should love them as much as he loves his own.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by playahP(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
the parents of the wife are not dead but quite old.
I personally don't think is the responsibility of the man to take care of the wife's sibling though
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by martin1(m): 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2009
How old r d siblings?
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by whitelexi(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
Plain and simple, its not his responsibility.

He can choose to do so, but its not by force.

His wife should behave herself and stop making it look like thats what her marriage was all about in the first place. . . No husband is a cash-cow, does he not have a mother and siblings to also take care of?

Tufiakwa! angry
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by playahP(m): 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2009
the youngest of the siblings is bout 12-15 *not sure*
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
I say this is not a question of responsibility but one of ability. Can the man afford it? If he can and he is willing let he do it. There is no legal obligation only a moral one.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by aomom(m): 12:12am On Oct 15, 2009
well taking care of his wife's siblings may disrupt the plans he has constructed for the future, another thing is may be he is nat capable at the moment, shes meant to plead with him nat fight !
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by Rooneyboy(m): 12:47am On Oct 15, 2009
Never will i take that from my wife ,y should it be my responsibility ?
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by aomom(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2009
Rooneyboy:

Never will i take that from my wife ,y should it be my responsibility ?

truly it is not buh its ok to help others for the sake of future
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by HIO4: 7:18am On Oct 15, 2009
Yes, it's his responsibility to feed his wife's entire village as well. Nonsense.
Re: Is It The Responsibility Of The Man: by aomom(m): 7:29am On Oct 15, 2009
HIO4:

Yes, it's his responsibility to feed his wife's entire village as well. Nonsense.

haba that's absurd

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You React To This? / Why Is It That White Girls Are Going After Black 4 Romance This Days? / Please Advice Me Cos Am Dying For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.