Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,342 members, 7,881,261 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:27 PM

Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy (26964 Views)

Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed / Recession: FG Summons Emergency Session Over Economy / FG To Stabilise Economy With N350bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Essens(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
420+350=760?
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by breakeven: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
I thought these idiots said GEJ left empty treasury?
APC is Dundee united.when they were not in power they blamed gej now they are in power they still blame gej. Their dullard in chief has nothing to offer except to blame Gej everyday for his cluelessness.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Uchemus(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
idupaul:

I see you need some Thunder reset..what a hopeless liar
dude, dont be a sadist
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by lezznjr: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
ShaqFu:
It's self explanatory. grin
looolz.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by electrokcoi(m): 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
bettercreature:
Nothing on earth can save this economy until exchange rate is stable!black market rate is 3-4 naira differ from CBN rate and increment in salary
it appears to me they don't even know what they are saying
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Cletus77(m): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
So dis people get money since
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by electrokcoi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
lipsrsealed embarassed

Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by mescapee: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
simple mathematics!!!!!!

420bn + 350bn = 770bn

and not 760bn

10bn is a lot of money to be miscalculated.

By the way, 350bn for capital projects was in the news earlier on this year. Or am I missing something?

“One of the sectors we spent the money on, of course the largest has been power, works and housing. Quite a lot has gone on defence because we need to rebuild the credibility of our army to continue in their efforts in the new phase, interior, transport.” Operation Crocodile Tears

The minister said out of the N350bn, the government would be setting aside N60bn for the implementation of the social intervention programme.
Meaning 290bn is actually earmarked for capital projects.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. People Deceiving People!!
!

She said the implementation of social safety schemes was vital as it would enable the government provide direct cash to vulnerable Nigerians. 60bn for vulnerable Nigerians? Madam Minister, please define the "vulnerable" in your sentence.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by electrokcoi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
dem don share that one say them de boost economy

Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by holluphemydavid(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
Who cares, d previous one dat was released, btw may and now, wot impact does it make in d economy
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by frankwyte: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
when will you guys learn to grow up? Always lieing or are you guys infested with lies? just wondering with curiosity tho.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by pyman11(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
the money that will not be judiciously utilized......mtchew
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by demmymoney(m): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja

http://punchng.com/recession-fg-releases-fresh-n350bn-boost-economy/
All.dem.money will be going only to the rich and wealthy people in the society... We seriously need a revolution in this country.We need to bring in a credit economy system ryt now!!!!!
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by CHYMZZY(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
And I was not able to recieve one million naira soft long form the bank of Agriculture to start my fish farming!
rubbish!
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by biafran1stson(m): 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
It's Just like a cup of water into the ocean.

RUBBISH!
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
Busch:
''economy boost" .. since when, that's how they just keep talking as if the economy has boosted with all their past and previous trials.. to the extent that I doubt their future trials....

Nigeria is a work in progress.
do the best you can with your available time.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by agrovick(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
Comedians! We are trying to come out of a recession and we have a CBN that is increasing interest rate (contractionary policy) & a govt that is increasing her spending (expansionary policy).
It is well.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by RayCharles(m): 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
FG PLANS TO INJECT -MAY
FG PLANS TO INJECT -JUNE
FG TO INJECT -AUG
FG SET TO INJECT - SEPT
FG READY TO INJECT - OCT

Abeg make em just give us paracetamol. We no want the Injection

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Dshocker(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Of what use,when the common man on the street cannot get access to this fund directly or indirectly....Nigeria government's economy policies only favours the elites
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by abouzaid: 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Essens:
420+350=760?
i also observed the arithmetic error, this is not the first time that woman is making a very silly arithmetic error, she's totally unfit for that post.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by 4Play(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
bettercreature:
Nothing on earth can save this economy until exchange rate is stable!black market rate is 3-4 naira differ from CBN rate and increment in salary

This is what many don't get. Most Nigerians are not affected by the budget directly. The exchange rate on the other hand is another matter. Without stabilising economic expectations and the exchange rate, releasing more money does not help. In fact, releasing money can worsen matters as a lot of that money will be used to buy dollars as a hedge against naira depreciation.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by chi4ik4(m): 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
they always want to do this, want to do that. pls when will they start doing already?? I'm tired of hearing want to do
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Cicy(f): 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
That is nice to hear!
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by KingsleyCEO: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Since they have been injecting these monies not effect o.

Here is what I think, they should just give Nairalanders 10 million each and forget all the injection stuff. If you're with me hit the like button!
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Rori(m): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
I think I now understand the reason why the previous administration. Despite intiating the TSA delayed it's full implementation. This present govt came with full force and fully implemented the TSA thereby sweeping all the govt. Liquidity into a safe in the CBN. My question is what is d cbn doing with all that money in it coffers? They know they need to pump money into the system abi? So y stash all that money somewhere? The banks wld have been better off having those money cuz they will be able to systematically distribute all that money in the economy. I hear there is a little above 3 trillion naira in the TSA if I am correct. Haba minister of finance and bubu! Mak una Use una head na
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Arijude(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
SweetLove0:
lalasticlala, mynd44, seun. this is good news. wailers will still complain cheesy
Make i tell you, nigeria economy is loose like an over fvcked pussy, no dick no matter how big it is can fit in it.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Ken4Christ: 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
They took the money to TSA so they can privately make use of it with minimal attention. You think the money is still there? It's just like an individual dying of hunger and claims to have 1 million naira in fixed deposit. It sure does not make sense.

The injection of 350 billion naira or whatever amount into economy will make little or no effect as long as we are not producing physical products.

They need to inject money into the agricultural sector. The government need to take the diversification of our economy more serious. The economic retreat didn't place any emphasis on agriculture. This is a government that can't stay on policies.

There is also a need for industrial revolution. We need to be producing so many finished products we currently import.

The government should try and be practically involved in Agriculture. If every state governors invest in agriculture in conjunction with private sectors, we will have more than enough food production.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by Negodu: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nonsense! 350billion ÷ by 200 million Nigerians is a paltry N1,750.00 for each Nigerian.

I don't know which kind of economic policy this govt is implementing.

Buhari we need real cash in this economy not paltry 350 billion please.
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by jboi08(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
Rori:
I think I now understand the reason why the previous administration. Despite intiating the TSA delayed it's full implementation. This present govt came with full force and fully implemented the TSA thereby sweeping all the govt. Liquidity into a safe in the CBN. My question is what is d cbn doing with all that money in it coffers? They know they need to pump money into the system abi? So y stash all that money somewhere? The banks wld have been better off having those money cuz they will be able to systematically distribute all that money in the economy. I hear there is a little above 3 trillion naira in the TSA if I am correct. Haba minister of finance and bubu! Mak una Use una head na
I watched the minister of budget and planing Sen. Udoma Udo Udoma explain on channels t.v this morning that the TSA is a flow channel. they recorded above 3 trillion naira has flowed to and from the TSA. he emphasized that money is not 'stashed' which implies that TSA isn't a vault but a flow mechanism
Re: Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy by gabe: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
Realist2:
N420billion released already for capital projects , where , when ?we didn't see anything nor even feel it either.
most of the money released is part payment for roads started by GEJ. They return to site in the dry season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan, Sirleaf, Ikpeazu At Obasanjo's 80th Birthday (Photos) / 2023: Tinubu Appoints Muhammad Mahmud As National Media Coordinator / Three Pastors Have Obtained Forms To Contest For Presidency In The APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.