Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,194 members, 7,891,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:49 AM

Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? (841 Views)

How Hausa People Raised Alarm After Sighting Fulani Trucks In Cross River. PICS / Why Igbo Men Don't Sell Suya Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by lukasmuyiwa(m): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
I've always wonder why only hausas sell things like suya, do gateman for person house, mostly deals in gold, sell wristwatches, carrots, and slaughter ram for those who don't have hearts of killing and also if you want to sell gold people will refer you to saabo (a place in Ibadan where the Hausas base) and also they helps in parking soak aways..they sometimes cut nails and also sell sugarcane in wheelbarrow.. just imaging why them ehn?
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by Calismart(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
I dont know.

Na so i take see am
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by PORP(f): 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
Na their career choice be that!

Enjoy financial freedom by clicking on http://www.?aff=Dunamis90
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2016
I've answered this question in 2014, sadly I don't remember the post title anymore.
Most of the jobs listed there are unskilled labour meaning anyone can indulge in them. Hausa people who migrate from the North keep to their existing community in the new environment, teaching each other these skills so they can make a living for themselves. Igbos do the same but only as a form of apprenticeship, they don't possess a caring attitude towards non-kinsmen like the Hausas do.
The reason why they(Hausas) are the majority in these jobs is because the ones in question are illiterate so put their all into the job -- they also take any amount stated as payment because survival to see another day means more to them than wealth.
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by proeast(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
lukasmuyiwa:
I've always wonder why only hausas sell things like suya, do gateman for person house, mostly deals in gold, sell wristwatches, carrots, and slaughter ram for those who don't have hearts of killing and also if you want to sell gold people will refer you to saabo (a place in Ibadan where the Hausas base) and also they helps in parking soak aways..they sometimes cut nails and also sell sugarcane in wheelbarrow.. just imaging why them ehn?
Below are the reasons (1) They are mostly illiterates. (2) They lack exposure and have a funny accent. (3) They lack capital & skills to do more tasking jobs. (4) They are laid-back and unambitious. (5) Religion & culture made them believe that riches and wealth are predestined by supernatural powers, so no need to stress themselves unneccessarily etc
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by bernard392: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Halo
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by Jasper721: 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
Halo
Re: Why Most Of Hausa People Do Gateman,sell Suya,sell Wristwatch And Shoemaker?? by gustavo281: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Halo

(1) (Reply)

Hi Nairaland, Please Help Me Get Votes To Win This! / Call For Lotto Numbers 100% Sure Number 09077247693. / Safety Tips For Snakes This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.