Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,799 members, 7,912,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? (4520 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Bobbyaf(m): 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2006
@ Nferyn

The second coming was prophecised to happen within the lifetime of some of his disciples, why hasn't he come yet?

The problem with you is that you stumble over biblical expressions you don't understand. Jesus made a statement within context and you're trying to isolate a text or two out of context to make a point.

It doesn't work that way. Look for the weight of evidence and see the general meaning of things before going to the specific. Thats the thumb rule for a proper understanding of scriptures.

You're a sceince person right? If I just out of the blue referred you to a rather complex thought that seemed far fetched, wouldn't you be lost somewhere if you didn't understand the basics that led up to that complex thought or idea?

When it comes to difficult passages like the ones you like to throw in peopel's faces, wouldn't it be wise to try and understand those passages in the original hebrew or aramaic languages, just to see exactly what was said.

Secondly wouldn't it be wise to try and understand what Jesus was trying to tell His disciples? Don't you realize that Jesus often spoke in codes that later required a response from His disciples about something He said that they didn't seem to understand?

Thirdly, there are many biblical renditions with very poor translations. That factor has to be borne in mind when quoting texts.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Remmzy(m): 3:08am On Aug 28, 2006
Mal 3:7
Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty. "But you ask, 'How are we to return?
Ac 15:16
"'After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it,
2Co 13:2
I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others,
Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Jer 3:12
Go, proclaim this message toward the north: "'Return, faithless Israel,' declares the Lord, 'I will frown on you no longer, for I am merciful,' declares the Lord, 'I will not be angry forever.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by herb: 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2007
goodguy:

Preach on brother!
Goodguy the coming of the Lord happened just as the word of God teaches, He returned on the day of Pentecost. See Acts chapter two
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by cgift(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2007
herb:

Goodguy the coming of the Lord happened just as the word of God teaches, He returned on the day of Pentecost. See Acts chapter two

Another heretic unfortunately displayed with is very first post cry. O ma se o.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by pilgrim1(f): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2007
cgift:

Another heretic unfortunately displayed with is very first post cry. O ma se o.

Lol. . . I no fit laugh. grin
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2008
@ elbaron,
First of all, I think you should concern yourself with the second coming of Christ, prepare for it and forget about the day He’s coming! If no one knows the date, how can we know the day? Just keep a careful watch!!!

I also noticed that you are not very conversant with the world time zone! Beijing (China) is 8 hours ahead of Ghana, not 11 hours. Sydney (Australia) is 10 hours ahead (no daylight saving time at the moment) not 9. You must be confusing Fiji with China, they are like 12 hours ahead of you guys.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Femi13: 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2008
Stop the argeument guys, the bible has already answerd the question, Matthew 10:23, according to the Bible, Jesus(pbh) has come and go, and the Qur'an let us know that Jesus is not coming back anymore.Qur'an 21:7-8,34. Stop wasting your time in waiting for the coming back of Jesus. The truth is he is not coming back, he has died since befor Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) came into this World.

Truth has come, !!!
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by 4Him1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2008
Femi 1:

Stop the argeument guys, the bible has already answerd the question, Matthew 10:23, according to the Bible, Jesus(pbh) has come and go, and the Qur'an let us know that Jesus is not coming back anymore.Qur'an 21:7-8,34. Stop wasting your time in waiting for the coming back of Jesus. The truth is he is not coming back, he has died since befor Prophet The Great Prophet(pbuh) came into this World.

Truth has come, !!!

Olabowale and babs787 claim that Jesus Christ is coming back for the muuslims. Are you people sane at all?
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Frizy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2008
@Femi 1
I disagree completely. How do you represent the Mus'lims like this? Are you an Ahmadiiiii!!! angry
You are going against what the Ko'ran and Moh'ammed taught and said. The ko'ran clearly states that Christ will return and he is not dead yet. Okay!
I advice you to change your Al-Qida(creed). Because going against a verse in the ko'ran guarantees the fire! May All'ah save us.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Femi13: 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2008
The Qur'an and hadith is our constitutional book and anything the Quran says is the truth, if hadith oppose the motion of the Qur'an , then the motion of the hadith is incorrect. Go to Quran 21:7-8,34, Almighty Allah told Muhammed that in the above chapter and verses that  befor Muhammed came into this world, He (Allah) did not grant to any human being (messengers, prophets) immortal life, that everybody befor Muhammed had died. and as we know Man is destined to die once.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Frizy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2008
Femi 1:

The Qur'an and hadith is our constitutional book and anything the The Great Book says is the truth, if hadith oppose the motion of the Qur'an , then the motion of the hadith is incorrect. Go to The Great Book 21:7-8,34, Almighty God told The Great Prophet that in the above chapter and verses that befor The Great Prophet came into this world, He (God) did not grant to any human being (messengers, prophets) immortal life, that everybody befor The Great Prophet had died. and as we know Man is destined to die once.

I know that every man is destined to die and have read the verses you're stating. But christ was not crucified by anyone according to All'ah and not the hadith. The ko'ran states that Christ was saved from death(crucifixion) and All'ah raised him unto Himself. Christ is in the third heaven according to the prophet and he will come back to the earth to kill the Anti-christ(Dajah).This may be similar to the Christain theology but is not identical.
The prophet Mo'hammed further states that he will land after descent from heaven in the Mosque of damascus.
By the way, 100% of the sunni schloars agree will this remark. Christ will die after killing the Anti-christ and all evil will be more.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by 4Him1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2008
Frizy:

I know that every man is destined to die and have read the verses you're stating. But christ was not crucified by anyone according to All'ah and not the hadith. The ko'ran states that Christ was saved from death(crucifixion) and All'ah raised him unto Himself. Christ is in the third heaven according to the prophet and he will come back to the earth to kill the Anti-christ(Dajah).This may be similar to the Christain theology but is not identical.
The prophet Mo'hammed further states that he will land after descent from heaven in the Mosque of damascus.
By the way, 100% of the sunni schloars agree will this remark. Christ will die after killing the Anti-christ and all evil will be more.

You are right, it is not only similar to the christian doctrine of the resurrection but is a CLEAR attempt to decietfully lay claims to the resurrection.

Here are my reasons why:
1. Why is there an anti-Christ but NO anti-mo'hammed? Was mohamm'd not the GREATEST AND LAST prophet?
2. What is so special about "Christ" that All'ah claims to have raised Him to himself but FAILED to even prevent m'ohammed from dying of poison?
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Frizy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Him:

You are right, it is not only similar to the christian doctrine of the resurrection but is a CLEAR attempt to decietfully lay claims to the resurrection.

Note: I did not say Christ resurrected. All I said was he will come back to the earth and not yet dead. The concept of resurrection in Is'lam has to do with the wake after death by the magnificient power of All'ah. Christ is in the third heaven.
Here are my reasons why:
1. Why is there an anti-Christ but NO anti-mo'hammed? Was mohamm'd not the GREATEST AND LAST prophet?
2. What is so special about "Christ" that All'ah claims to have raised Him to himself but FAILED to even prevent m'ohammed from dying of poison?

1. The term "Anti-christ" is just the English interpretation of one eyed devil coming to rule the world in the later days. "Dajah" is the Arabic, just as Musa is called Moses in English translation.
2. Well, if you believe christ wasn't crucified then I don't see why you should be a christian. All'ah raised to show He is able to protect whom He will. All'ah's plans are best known to Him alone. By the way, this claim nullifies christ been killed- and Mohamm'ed and schloars further explains that another man was the one that appeared to the people to be Christ.
3. Who told you Moh'ammed was poisoned? The lies y'all fabricate cannot subdue truth.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by 4Him1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2008
Frizy:

Note: I did not say Christ resurrected. All I said was he will come back to the earth and not yet dead. The concept of resurrection in Is'lam has to do with the wake after death by the magnificient power of All'ah. Christ is in the third heaven.

1. and who is in the 2nd heaven?
2. I said nothing about Christ being resurrected, rather i asked a pertinent question . . . why did al'lah make Christ not taste death but was powerless to prevent the GREATEST AND LAST prophet from dying a horrible death by poison?

Frizy:

1. The term "Anti-christ" is just the English interpretation of one eyed devil coming to rule the world in the later days. "Dajah" is the Arabic, just as Musa is called Moses in English translation.

this is a disgraceful attempt at a cop-out. The term anti-Christ is NOT a generic term but was FIRST used in the new testament AFTER the death and resurrection of Christ to SPECIFICALLY refer to anyone with a false spirit preaching the opposite of what the biblical Christ preached.
The term anti-Christ has been in existence LONG before English came to be.

Frizy:

2. Well, if you believe christ wasn't crucified then I don't see why you should be a christian. All'ah raised to show He is able to protect whom He will. All'ah's plans are best known to Him alone. By the way, this claim nullifies christ been killed- and Mohamm'ed and schloars further explains that another man was the one that appeared to the people to be Christ.

You're seriously confused. Look at your own write-up,
first you said al'lah raised up Christ (i presume it was not from sleep) next you claim that mo'hammed (who came more than 1400yrs after Christ's death and resurrection) understood that another man was killed in the stead of Christ? Which are we to believe?

Okay, it still begs my question - why did al'lah raise Christ to heaven instead of the GREATEST AND LAST prophet?

Frizy:

3. Who told you Moh'ammed was poisoned? The lies y'all fabricate cannot subdue truth.

Its historical knowledge, ur vehement denial is as expected of delusionists.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by nickybayo(f): 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2009
when was the first coming
oh, i forgot
we were told he came already, had a mother, no father
maybe for the second coming, he will av a father and no mother instead
make them they lie for u make u ey believe am
hahaha undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by kolaoloye(m): 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2009
nickybayo:

when was the first coming
oh, i forgot
we were told he came already, had a mother, no father
maybe for the second coming, he will av a father and no mother instead
make them they lie for u make u ey believe am
hahaha undecided undecided undecided

It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not HE IS COMING BACK SOOOOOOOON.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by PurestBoy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2009
kola oloye:

It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not HE IS COMING BACK SOOOOOOOON.

Leave them jare, whoever like should believe or not
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by EshuKemi: 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
undecided hmmm
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by OneTouch1(m): 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hmmm
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ donnie

this was your post

Lk 17:34-36

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

In the above passage, we can see that the Word of God takes into consideration the different time zones when it talks about the comming of the Lord.

Men are at bed at night; ginding is done at the mills in the mornings for the day's bread. The typical eastern woman goes to the field in the evenings when the sun is down

Whereas the Lord was refering to a particular day and hour when He shall appear knowing fully well that when it is day in some parts of the earth, it is morning in some other parts.

Dont be sentimental bros. read the verse again

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

and how does the above verse explain this

In the above passage, we can see that the Word of God takes into consideration the different time zones when it talks about the comming of the Lord.

when it was only night, one timezone that was mentioned in the verse
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2009
He boldy said then, HE AINT COMING BACK AGAIN.

to do what?

why shuld we bother about second coming of jesus, he might have changed his mind and not letting us know about it, the best thing is we should bother about getting to meeting him up there, instead of he coming down here.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 24, 2009
ofcourse his coming to shame xtians,disciline pastors about their 10percent,prophetic fradulent offerings,kill the anti christ(dajjal)and the pigs grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 24, 2009
al hail d preachers in da house. Jesus go show live, fact 2 d core.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by donjon: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2009
@posta,
y do u want 2 know?
U want 2 play a fast one on brosJ by repenting a day b4 d last day, abi?
Just kidding o!
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by bjmighty(m): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
i hope Jesu will not do ojoro oooo You beta do try to do ojoro because my father's girlfriend is the efcc chair lady.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by Maykelly(f): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
sit down there dey crack brain, when He will come, e go de you like nigerian film. sit down they open mouth all of you, talk as you like- if Jesus no meet you alive He will surely meet you dead.
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by cHeMiCaLmEnAnCe: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2009
El baron, GOD is omnipotent so he can make time stand still. HE's Omnipresent, so, HE can be everywhere at once. HE's Omniscient which means, he knows too well that if HE comes now, many will perish.

HE'll come before the last of HIS disciples are dead, I'm not dead, I'm a disciple. Those who truly believe in HIM and call upon HIS name are HIS disciples. You should become one too before its too late(GOD forbid)

P.S - OmniLOVING and OmniRIGHTEOUS should be added to HIS attributes
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by cHeMiCaLmEnAnCe: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
       El baron, GOD is omnipotent so he can make time stand still. HE's Omnipresent, so, HE can be everywhere at once. HE's Omniscient which means, he knows too well that if HE comes now, many will perish.

HE'll come before the last of HIS disciples are dead, I'm not dead, I'm a disciple. Those who truly believe in HIM and call upon HIS name are HIS disciples. You should become one too before its too late(GOD forbid)

Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by cHeMiCaLmEnAnCe: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2009

Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by MrCrackles(m): 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
May kelly:

sit down there dey crack brain, when He will come, e go de you like nigerian film. sit down they open mouth all of you, talk as you like- if Jesus no meet you alive He will surely meet you dead.
I laugh wearing pampers! grin
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by bjmighty(m): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
I advise Jesus if hin go come make him no try come Nigeria ooo because boiz eyes dey chuk ooo, we fit kidnap am ooo, i pity am because i know even know who go pay him ransom because na in be the 3 in 1, Na hin be hinself, Hin papa and hin still be holy spirit, so na who sabi any of hin family member or phone number, i hope say na Glo hin people dey use because i pity am ooo if na Nitel him people still dey use. Second coming indeed, LMAO!!!
Re: The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? by MrCrackles(m): 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
bjmighty:

I advise Jesus if hin go come make him no try come Nigeria ooo because boiz eyes dey chuk ooo, we fit kidnap am ooo, i pity am because i know even know who go pay him ransom because na in be the 3 in 1, Na hin be hinself, Hin papa and hin still be holy spirit, so na who sabi any of hin family member or phone number, i hope say na Glo hin people dey use because i pity am ooo if na Nitel him people still dey use. Second coming indeed, LMAO!!!
LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Hate Going To Church? / A Guy Toasting A Lady Using Bible Verses / Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.