Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,878 members, 7,899,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:15 AM

Play Chess Online! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play Chess Online! (1439 Views)

How Can I Play Chess Online With A Blackberry Phone? / Chess Basics For Beginners / Were To Download Chess Online Freely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2009
Hello Everyone!
After my cousin with whom I often played chess with travelled out, I decided to develop an online chess game so we could play while we met on facebook, and it was a success!
Now I want to share it with every chess lover wanting to play chess online with their pals.
The game can be downloaded at www.chessmate.tk
Have Fun!
Re: Play Chess Online! by violent(m): 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2009
Now your webpage has a caption which says "creating unmatched quality since 1993 " now thts not true is it? considering the fact that as u said "I decided to develop an online chess game so we could play while we met on[b] facebook[/b] " and even facebook came up around 2003,  grin
thts about 10 years difference
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 12:43am On Oct 14, 2009
Opps!!!
A thousand and one apologies for that error!
I put the wrong website address!
Guess I must have been high when I wrote the post!
I have corrected the name of the site. The site that was visited was not mine!
Please try the web address I have given.
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2009
One of the most difficult things in software development is making the documentation.
Its just plain boring!!!
But its important as it gives users a guide to how to use the software easily.
So I guess I will have to write some documentation of some sorts here.
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2009
Okay, so you want to play chess online with your pal. You go to your favorite site like facebook or chat on yahoo mess. You tell your pal you want to play white so he'll take black.
By now the both of you must have already downloaded the chessmate online game board at www.chessmate.tk .
If not then do so and install the game. Its just 700 kilobytes large.
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2009
Launch the software and a form appears requesting for your yahoo id username and the color you will play.
Fill in your username ( without the @yahoo.com part! ) and select the color you choose to play.
Now you click on the connect button. The software will then go online and look for your pals software. When it finds it, it will tell you that you are ready to play.
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2009
Now you will see a chess board with all 32 pieces. You can only move your color, and you move them anyhow you want, in other words, the computer does not control the movement of the pieces. If you move a piece the wrong way, its left to your pal to figure that out, just as would happen on a real chessboard.
When you drop your piece over your pal's you will capture it and your pal's piece moves to the 'prison' on the board.
When your pawn moves to your pals end of the board, then your pawn becomes a queen
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2009
So lets play!
If your color is white, you will have to play first otherwise you wait for white to play.
Make your move and press the send button. If you want to chat as well, you can type into the chat message box below the board.
When you send, you will wait for your pal to make his own move.
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2009
You will be notified when your pal has made his move and then you can see the move made and if any, the message sent.
Then you send and he sends until someone wins.

If you want to check your pal, you will have to type it in the message box and send along with your move.
Re: Play Chess Online! by sweetpawn2: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2009
Only White player can start a new game.

Phew!!! I'm glad thats over!
I think thats about it . . . atleast for now.
With this little pieces of writeup, I think the software will be a bit easier to use.
Re: Play Chess Online! by maxima2009: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
Not Bad!
Great Work bro!
I actually downloaded the game and tried it playing with myself and I must say it worked well!
I would like to play with you. I've tried to mail you at the address you provided but I am yet to
get your reply. sad

(1) (Reply)

The Best Video Games Of 2012 / Pls Read, I Need Help / In Need Of Psvita In Good Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.