Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,722 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:52 PM

Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle (34838 Views)

Armed Fulani Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Gun Battle In Benue. Photos / People Killed By Militants In Ikorodu, Lagos (Photos, Video) / Cultists Kill 23 Persons In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by effido666: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2016
David4best:
No pictures for evidence? May be they killed innocent people due to killing of sodiers by millitants. I know what Nigerian sodiers can do . Why Fulani herdsmen terrorists are untouchable? A president that values resource more than human being. The Yoruba people will clapp for him
don't mind dem....after killing Fisher men nd hunters in d mangroves dey are telling us is d militants .
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by ibitzbarlow(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
mctifey:
The Nigerian Army said it had recovered 55 assorted weapons from suspected criminals in the Niger Delta.

The General Officer Commanding (GOC), 82 Division, Enugu, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahitu, told newsmen in Enugu on Saturday that the recoveries were made during a military exercise tagged “Operation Crocodile Smile”.

He also disclosed that 23 militants and criminals were killed by soldiers in their bid to flush out criminals in the area.

The GOC said many of the criminals fled with various degrees of injury.

He said 38 camps belonging to the militants and 91 illegal refineries, including bunkering sites and underground tunnels used by the suspects, were destroyed in the 10-day exercise.“The precursor operations were followed by `Exercise Crocodile Smile’ proper, which was orchestrated and conducted with sequencing and lines of operation to upgrade the skills, expertise and competence of the troops in land and riverside environments.

“Over 3,000 soldiers were deployed along two axis on land, creeks and the general littoral area of the Niger Delta region, while forward-operating bases were established from where operations were conducted along the creeks and littoral area,’’ he said.

Attahiru, however, regretted that four soldiers died during the exercise, explaining that three lost their lives in a boat mishap while one died during cross fire with the militants.

He said the exercise was also used to cement relations with civilians through humanitarian services in neighbouring communities.

“Books, stationeries and generators were donated to some schools while others were given facelift and infrastructure improvement.

source: http://punchng.com/troops-recover-55-weapons-kill-23-militants/

Ending militancy in Nigeria- be it in the Niger Delta, the Farmlands (Herdsmen), in the North East (Boko Haram), in the Southwest (the pipeline vandals) etc is what Nigeria desperately needs now. However, success stories like this without specifics e.g location of the military exercise ( no state, LGA, town or Creek was mentioned) seriously puts the military and the supposed success in serious doubt. Specifics and pictures could actually make the claim more acceptable and trustworthy otherwise to the average apolotical Nigerian it is propaganda.

I wish the Military success and restrain in this exercise. Civilian and non- militant casualities should be reduced to the barest minimum. This will endear the military to the local peopls of these areas and also foster cooperation and synergy in the fight against militancy.
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by John902(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ice4jez:
by the time dey kill 23 today and 23 tomorrow watin go remain for their population ,nothing sounds better than peace
tell your blothers
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by sheyinoni(m): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
truthspeaks:
Wen will they start tackling fulani herdsmen too?
Na turn by turn,them finish with bokoboiz,na the time to finish milito,after that na malu boiz,if not then Buhari should just forget 2019
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by Charly68: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
Over 23 persons were killed just like that & others don't fear for their lives. Only God knows how the creek criminals think. .I believed they don't value their lives & they are ready to be wasted if not why fighting a battle you can not win.
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by rafcrown(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
PLEASE ,KILL MORE AND MORE MILITANTS.23,just too small.KILL MORE OF THEM ,PLEASE.
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by Tamakay(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
Izonpikin:
who gives you shiiiit..who no nonsense epp??..

It's either we continue to be slaves and oppressed or we find freedom from the hands of our useless leaders..

This is the time for Nigeria to structure out a lasting solution to the Niger delta issues and also for other regions to be independent in order to foster growth and bring an end to this feeding bottle system we run..

If not we would go round and round and accomplish nothing..mind you no matter the amount of force buhari employs it won't bring an end to what we see in the Niger delta..thats a fact..

Thank you

I am always feeling you realized these facts little bit too late. This is medicine after death. Where were the likes of you when GEJ was at the seat of power? Are u even aware how these so called Freedom fighters now owns private University abroad instead of sitting it in our ND to bring development?
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by Izonpikin: 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tamakay:

I am always feeling you realized these facts little bit too late. This is medicine after death. Where were the likes of you when GEJ was at the seat of power? Are u even aware how these so called Freedom fighters now owns private University abroad instead of sitting it in our ND to bring development?
well I would rather see my own people enjoy the oil wealth than abokis enjoying it..like I have said these once freedom fighters did achieve some feats for the Niger delta..

All our leaders are fools but I can better deal with an indigenous fool than worry about an external one..

Let there be restructuring so that agitations and actions against the government can be streamlined..
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by Tamakay(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
Izonpikin:
well I would rather see my own people enjoy the oil wealth than abokis enjoying it..like I have said these once freedom fighters did achieve some feats for the Niger delta..

All our leaders are fools but I can better deal with an indigenous fool than worry about an external one..

Let there be restructuring so that agitations and actions against the government can be streamlined..

Truly Izonpikin. Your 2nd paragraph is very funny. "All our leaders are fools and u have better ways to deal with them than worry for an external one(paraphrased) In other words u are trying to say the Northerners are fools? The fighting as far as I am concern has lost his importance and tale
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by Izonpikin: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tamakay:

Truly Izonpikin. Your 2nd paragraph is very funny. "All our leaders are fools and u have better ways to deal with them than worry for an external one(paraphrased) In other words u are trying to say the Northerners are fools? The fighting as far as I am concern has lost his importance and tale
northern leaders o I mean..not all northerners are fools...their leaders are... cool
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by Tamakay(m): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Izonpikin:
northern leaders o I mean..not all northerners are fools...their leaders are... cool

Anyway, thanks for keeping me on my toes in NL. We have overflogged this issue. Let's meet at another topic concerning our region ND
Re: Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Militants In Gun Battle by EVENTSPRO: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Am from Niger Delta, if a truth, we haven't lost anyone yet....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eatery Operator Poisons Customers In Ogoja, Cross River, Many Dead / 25-year-old Nigerian Drug Peddler Nabbed In India With 53 Grams Of Cocaine / Photo - Housewife Dumps Day old Baby Into Toilet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.