Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,827 members, 7,915,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:33 PM

Penweavers: Hail The Rise Of The Writers - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Penweavers: Hail The Rise Of The Writers (334 Views)

The Rise Of Security As A Service In The Evolving Threat Landscape / Rise Of Tomb Riader Ps4 For 15k in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penweavers: Hail The Rise Of The Writers by Ub3ra: 2:42am On Sep 18, 2016
This is not your usual short story. This is a tale of the rise of a new industry in Nigeria. They are called the “Content Writers.” Generalized by Nigerian lingo as “Bloggers,” they are that and a lot more. Content writers provide write-ups for websites, blogs, online newsletters, review journals, the list goes on. The best part about being a content writer is that you do not need any educational qualification to start work. The only requirement you need are a computer, good internet connection and most importantly, electricity. So where does Penweavers fit into this?
Whilst hundreds of Nigerians are already earning a living on freelance websites across the globe, one particular site has taken a slightly different approach. Instead of Nigerian writers seeking greater pay from foreign clients, Penweavers is one of the few Nigerian content writing firms that aims to conquer the Nigerian market. Penweavers works with writers (academic and creative), translators and transcribers across the globe to provide freelance service for the Nigerian market. Apart from web content and blogging services, they provide academic writing services such as research materials for thesis and dissertation as well as thesis and dissertation writing services. Penweavers is one of the few dissertation companies willing to explore the Nigerian market, allowing foreign clients to pay in dollars via Paypal and Nigerians to pay the Naira equivalent by bank deposit. The fees are minimal too. At least they are less than half of what a freelance writer would charge on most foreign freelance markets.
If my opinion were to count here, what Penweavers does is subtract the burden of scouting various websites for writers by providing already carefully chosen and established writers skilled to handle your creative content or academic work. Many online writers hide their addresses, possess and uncertain identity and bear no responsibility for not being as good as they claim. Penweavers solves all of these problems. They claim to be a legal entity with offices both in London and Nigeria. From what I could gather they have a tightly controlled recruitment process that monitors their staff and personally contact those they have taken an interest in. In the event that a client is dissatisfied with work, there is always an opportunity for review within 14 days of submission at no extra charge.
How To Register
Whilst creating an account is free, the process of registration may be considered a little bit long, however relevant for the service provided. Once you register please write down or store securely the password provided. After registering and logging in with the password provided in your email, users can then request a quotation from the “My Quotations” link on the menu on the left side of the dashboard. Should the project you want handled fail to fall under any category listed click on the general quotation from and raise a quotation. Alternatively use the “Support Ticket” link and enter the details of your request under project discussion. You can also use the “Support Ticket” link where you have any documents to attach in support of your quotation.
In my experience, the average response time after raising a quotation is five minutes. Always check your support ticket for any updates from Penweavers. An invoice is prepared and you can pay by bank deposit or Paypal. Due to security issues, cash payments have been suspended. Once payment is made, you then send your teller details either via the support ticket panel or by email to admin@penweavers.com. You may also send a scanned image of the teller. Once that is done, work starts.
While I commend this idea, I would really like to see how this progresses. I wonder what exactly they see in the Nigerian content market? Most content authors write free of charge for Nigerian blogs and are largely underemployed. The current economic situation does not seem to help either. The only other functioning site I have tried has been stiilus.com Though they do not provide any exact level of service I presently get from Penweavers – they do not provide content creation – their modest services were alright.
Nonetheless, the content writing industry is growing and gaining momentum. Nigerians have slowly come to terms with the idea of content writing for a living. Websites like Penweavers are a clear proof that you do not have to wear a suit to get paid.

(1) (Reply)

Best Ways To Use Social Media For Your Business / Pls I Need A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2or 4 10 Inches / Hottest In Demand!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.