Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,584 members, 7,901,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam (688 Views)

EFCC Declares 2 Men Wanted For Fraud,Diversion Of Fund & Money Laundering(pics) / APC Serving Governor Declared Wanted In The UK For Laundering $5.15bn / Woman Sentenced To 90 Years In Prison For N5.6 million Admission Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by Cyracles: 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
A 34-year-old Nigerian woman from East Dulwich woman who was involved in a £40,000 money laundering scam was sentenced at Southwark Crown Court on Friday, September 16th.

Olamide Aina was found guilty at the court on Monday, August 8th of two counts of money laundering. She was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment suspended for two years for one count, and six months imprisonment suspended for two years for the second, both to run concurrently.
She is required to undertake 200 hours unpaid work.

Aina allowed her account to be used as part of a scam in February 2013. The first victim, from Morocco, purchased two printing machines which were advertised on a fraudulent website and the £37,945.18 paid was eventually siphoned into Aina's account.

The second offence concerned the fraudulent sale of a lawnmower in July 2013. On this occasion a 29-year-old man lost £3,675 with the money again being found to have been paid into one of Aina's many accounts. Neither victim received the goods they paid for.

Aina was arrested on 15 July 2013 after detectives traced the bank records which were used to funnel off the fraudulent transactions. Police do not know who orchestrated the scam.

DC Michael Esangbedo, the investigating officer for Southwark Borough CID said:
"The investigation was complicated as Aina tried to hide the money trail. It was a well planned and complicated scam. Aina was no doubt motivated by greed and has never shown any remorse for her actions."

Source: Metropolitan Police UK

More at http://queensheir.com/blog/nigerian-woman-sentenced-uk-laundering-money-scam-photos/

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by HungerBAD: 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
Interesting.

I will not be surprised these accounts were used by her boyfriend.

So they used a Nigerian to trap another one?the Esangbedo is a popular family from Igueben in Edo State.

Some months back, the FBI was advertising for those who spoke Hausa,Ibo and Yoruba,but are America Citizens to apply for some positions on their website and I was wondering why.

This UK case has now confirmed what I suspected. Now these western countries are now sending those who speak "PIDGIN", to burst other Pidgin speakers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Believe me I didn't check the name cool smiley
Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by jejemanito: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
sad
Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by villareal15(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
Comes in. smiley

Checks name wink

Disappointed angry

Runs out cool
Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by tyokunbo(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
Na wa!
Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by Okpore101(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
And So......?
Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by lacruz12(m): 3:30am On Sep 19, 2016
NCAN over to you
Re: Nigerian Woman Sentenced In The UK For Laundering Money From Scam by olumaxi(m): 5:22am On Sep 19, 2016
Nnamdi must b d main culprit

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Get Hold Of This Scammer / Mtn At It Again!! / Photos: Commercial Bus Driver Jumps Under His Vehicle To Evade Arrest In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.