Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

Football Legend Pele To Visit Nigeria On Wednesday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Legend Pele To Visit Nigeria On Wednesday (391 Views)

Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos / Thierry Henry To Visit Nigeria For Guinness Made Of Black, On 17th December 2017 / Anthony Joshua To Visit Nigeria On A 3-Day Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Football Legend Pele To Visit Nigeria On Wednesday by Naijafamous(m): 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2016

Football legend Pele is expected in Lagos on Wednesday for the commencement of a three-day visit for the YEDA Legend Edition 2016 organised by Winihin Jemide Services and the Youth Experience Day Africa.

Pele was billed to visit in August but a health complication saw the trip postponed till September.

Organisers say the Brazilian’s visit will be focused on the development of football and the Nigerian youth, and will bring together football-loving kids, parents and key figures in Lagos State,Punchwrites.

“This event will include a football clinic handled by ex-internationals, an exclusive dinner with Pele and other African legends on September 24. There will also be chances to own Pele memorabilia at an auction during the dinner. The proceeds will be donated to the Kanu Heart Foundation and the City of David football academy,” Chee Okebalama, Project Coordinator, YEDA Legend Edition, said at a media briefing on Friday.

The football clinic which will feature sessions with Pele for the U-15 and U-17 categories, will conclude with a celebrity exhibition match featuring the country’s ex-stars Nwankwo Kanu, Victor Ikpeba, Peter Rufai, as well as Timi Dakolo and Gideon Okeke at the Campos mini stadium, Onikan.

“Some of us are honoured to have met the legend before. He had some kind words for me and my teammates 27 years ago at the U-17 World Cup and I think he is also going to be an inspiration for the young kids. The trip is a great initiative by the organisers,” 1997 African Player of the Year, Victor Ikpeba, stated.

Ex-Eagles captain Peter Rufai said, “Pele is the greatest; we have to celebrate him. The event is not only for kids because even parents who used to watch him on TV, will be happy to see him live in Nigeria.”

Culled From Naijafamous
Re: Football Legend Pele To Visit Nigeria On Wednesday by 007Nasky(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
expectin him

(1) (Reply)

French Gymnast Suffers Gruesome Vault Injury / Thierry Henry And Dennis Bergkamp Made Me A Better Player: Kanu / The Monday Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.