Stats: 3,180,428 members, 7,911,059 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:41 AM

The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church (1184 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF / The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

The Church by Outkast(f): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2005
I go to a redeemed church here in New-York and I have to say, I never experienced tribalism back home in Nigeria until I got here.
The church is pre-dominantly Yoruba and there's always fighting. My father's Yoruba and my mum is from Edo state. I sometimes get caught in the middle of all this. They call every one not Yoruba "Igbo", they make life miserable for the none Yoruba's.This is church ooh, church.
Re: The Church by goodguy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2005
It's not the church, it's the people. cool
Re: The Church by damygurl(f): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2005
yea he's right!! but da people make up d church and there is not supposed to be discrimination in da church!!. i go to a white church but we got lots of nigeria there at last counting we have people 4rm 26 cultures and there is notin like discrimination ther!it's so cool and fun!!
Re: The Church by Outkast(f): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2005
abeg dami,
where are you?maybe I'll end up in your church
Re: The Church by hotangel2(f): 6:11am On Dec 01, 2005
My dear... Nigerians are funny! But hey.. can't live without them. I go to church mainly because they cook every first and last sundays.. plus some sundays in between. Those nigerian foods are hmm.. ya know wat i mean.

But discrimination is not much in my own redeem. I also go to RCCG.. (occasionaly). But hey what do i know.. i am always at the teenage sections. My friends mom always complain abt how people PACK FOOD HOME AFTER EVERY occasion of food. And you know, that always cause fight amongst the women.
"Mama kalifa lo ko gbogbo eran ye lo", "iay sikira ti ko gbogbo buns lo", "mama musibau lo so fun omo e pe ko gbe soda ye lo si inu motor".. and blah blah

Anyways, yes i somewhat agree that, there r conflicts. But why do u care anyways? Just go to church, if u cant stand it.. change church!

This is all just to be amongst ur people abi? i feel u!
Re: The Church by donnie(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2005
I feel you outcast.

But it is important you realise that the church of Jesus christ is much bigger than one denomination and as such, your stand should be in christ and not in any local assembly.

Bringing the problem to the public this way isnt the best thing to do.

I think you should pray for your leaders and brethren in church. You can start a 'love revival' there by the power of the Holy Ghost. You start out loving and treating others as christ would and others will catch your fire.

If you find it too unbearable for you, you can worship elewhere instead of straining your relationship with God by speaking or rebelling against the church leaderhip.
Re: The Church by pilgrim1(f): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2007
Some things will never cease amazing me. Anyhow, @poster, I hope you've found a good place of fellowship now and are growing in your faith in Christ. smiley
Re: The Church by Kuns: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2007
The churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques are all competing against one another. There are churches who are of the same denomination, in the same town, the same diocese, which mean they have the same beliefs and worship the same God. Yet, they never come together. What is so ironic is that these churchgoers all feel that church is the place for unification and love.

And does God like war? (Exodus 15:3 - "The Lord is a man of war: the lord is his name."wink

When Should A Born Again Christian Be Baptised? / What Jet Would Jesus Fly In? / Mystery Woman Appears On Mosque Minaret