Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,046 members, 7,883,616 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf (709 Views)

PDF To Word Converter Is On The Brink Of Greatness. / PDF To Excel Can Actually Help PDF To Excel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by pxjosh(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
I'm in need of help from experts in this forum.

I needed to copy texts from a pdf I downloaded online, but the issue is that the pdf is protected such that I can't even copy or make any changes. It doesn't ask for a password to open, but I can't make changes, just view.

I've tried all I could to make the file copyable. I've carried out most of the steps given on wikihow on how to unlock a secured PDF, and I haven't had success with it.

Please if anyone can help me on how to make such a PDF file text copyable help me or better still help me convert the whole PDF to a word document format so I can copy.
Re: I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by greatnaija01: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
pxjosh:

I needed to copy texts from a pdf I downloaded online, but the issue is that the pdf is protected such that I can't even copy or make any changes. It doesn't ask for a password to open, but I can't make changes, just view.

I've tried all I could to make the file copyable. I've carried out most of the steps given on wikihow on how to unlock a secured PDF, and I haven't had success with it.

Please if anyone can help me on how to make such a PDF file text copyable help me or better still help me convert the whole PDF to a word document format so I can copy.

go online and find a PDF TO DOC converter... once u convert it... then it will unlock. its simple hack
Re: I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by mogozi: 12:15am On Sep 19, 2016
pxjosh:

While viewing the document, go to "save as".... In the naming extension, you'll see something like "the document name".PDF.... Change the naming extension I.e the .pdf to .doc... Save it.
Try it and tell me your result.
Re: I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by pxjosh(m): 6:26am On Sep 19, 2016
greatnaija01:

go online and find a PDF TO DOC converter... once u convert it... then it will unlock. its simple hack
I've tried several pdf to doc converter, and the ones I've used have not been able to convert it.
Re: I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by pxjosh(m): 6:30am On Sep 19, 2016
mogozi:

While viewing the document, go to "save as".... In the naming extension, you'll see something like "the document name".PDF.... Change the naming extension I.e the .pdf to .doc... Save it.
Try it and tell me your result.
the only file type available in save as is the PDF

Re: I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by mogozi: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
pxjosh:
the only file type available in save as is the PDF
How about using an OCR??
Re: I Need Help Copying From A Protected Pdf by pxjosh(m): 2:25am On Sep 20, 2016
mogozi:

How about using an OCR??
what's OCR?

Well, I've done the conversion with a software I got online.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need To Learn Programming& In Need Of A Tutor! / Help With Homepage Needed / VACANCY FOR PHP PROGRAMMER(very Urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.