Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct (55664 Views)

Munonyedi Kelvin Egbo Graduates From University Of Glasgow UK With Distinction / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? / First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Marvy21(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2016
GOODMORNING,PLEASE FRIENDS I NEED ADVICE FOR A FRIEND WHO'S GOING FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE ND & HND PROGRAMS IN OGUN STATE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, POLYTECHNIQUE(OGITECH,IGBESA).IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE PERSON TO GET MSc CERTIFICATE STRAIGHT AFTER COMPLETING THE ND & HND PROGRAMS.THANK YOU ALL INADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLIES.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by klevotino: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2016
please help me with the fees from application to the school fees . so i can plan with my budject against next years. thanks [quote author=Ikechukwu09 post=49846035]This is a serious case with the academic system in Nigeria. Sincerely, it needs be reviewed. However, some universities, like the Federal University of petroleum resources effurun, have top-up programmes that would help polytechnic graduates with engineering background.

Many people here have explained why it is better to get a first degree before pursuing a masters degree. I agree that it may be the best bet given that you may not know where the deficit may rear its ugly head in future.

I have reproduced the relevant information for the programme below. You can check out the university's website for more information.

Applications are invited from interested and
suitably qualified candidates for admission
into the POST – HND Programme of the
College of Technology, Federal University of
Petroleum Resources, Effurun for the
2015/2016 Academic Session.
(A) OBJECTIVE
The programme is aimed at strengthening
and upgrading the academic background of
holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in
Engineering Discipline, so as to improve
their engineering competence, efficiency
and managerial skills on their jobs, as well as
to ensure that their industrial productivity is
enhanced.
The Programme leads to the award of
Bachelor of Engineering (B. ENG) Degree in
any of the following Engineering Disciplines:
(i) Chemical Engineering
(ii) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(iii) Marine Engineering
(iv) Mechanical Engineering
(v) Petroleum Engineering
(B) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must possess the following
requirements in order to be eligible for
admission into the Programme.
(1) 5 Credit level passes at the O/Level in
the SSCE/NECO/WASC/GCE (or its
equivalent) in Mathematics, Physics,
Chemistry, English Language and any other
science subject ( from Biology, Agricultural
science, Further mathematics or Technical
drawing)
(2) A minimum of pass level (LOWER
CREDIT) at HND (in any of the above stated
disciplines with CGPA of 2.5 and above.
(C) DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The minimum duration of the Programme is
three academic calendar years. A calendar
year in this sense consists of two semesters
of weekend classes.
(D) METHOD OF APPLICATION
Click Here To Apply
For any inquiries on payment, please
contact info@fupre.edu.ng or 09020681064
and 08069365637 for inquiries on the
programme.
(E) CLOSING DATE
The sale of forms will close on Tuesday 15th
March, 2016.[/quo
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by humbleself242(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2016
enshi:
My cousin holds HND distinction in engineering.. .
Pls is it possible for her to enroll for her Masters in any university pls people help us with useful info
capital NO,PGD first and then Master
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ayokunlei(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2016
Effyzie01: Boss, please contribute to the OP's request.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by HolyTitus(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:
Yes you can. I also had HND (distinction)

I did my masters without PGD.

Hi, The masters honors you earned without PGD; was it MSC or MBA ??
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ibnjarir93(m): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by richardmba(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2016
ochuciano:

I know ur feeling, but try and enrol in UNISA, in a year u will get ur degree. UK schools do the same, but the exchange rate is not favorable now.
Thanks for the advice.Like you said,the economy ain't smiling via exchange rate.I'm considering enrolling for a PGD program,afterwards,my M.sc.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2016
Junior66:

If u can ask the same question concerning NCE, ND and SSCE only then will you be fully sensible. Ask yourself why there is "discrimination" between Camels, horses, donkeys and cows.
I assumed that you attended a university? Yes? But, you lack courtesy in communication. A poly student is more courtly. So, yea; is there still a "good" difference between a ploy and a uni that should warrant the discrimination?

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2016
monievecakes:
She can do in it Delta state University. They accept HND for their MBA program without the PGD

Pls i would like to call you on phone pls its urgent

Just beep me on 08062360567 thanks for the info
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2016
stuffs4me:

If you are truly a university graduate, you would not be making this statement. You would have realised that the curriculum for both Bsc and HND
...are the same grin
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 02, 2016
Jidibia:

You wouldn't understand. I think the reason is that Polytechnic lecturers are not academically good as their University counterparts. How many academic professors and Doctors can our polytechnic boast of? That's my take though, I stand to be corrected.
They have doctors and professors like the uni. Some even have more than the uni

2 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Junior66:

If u can ask the same question concerning NCE, ND and SSCE only then will you be fully sensible. Ask yourself why there is "discrimination" between Camels, horses, donkeys and cows.
Ur analogy of camels, horses, donkeys does not fit. Get something more befitting

2 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:

Wow... This is just the what i was praying to hear pls sir / ma can i talk to you via phone pls just a beep 08062360567
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:

Wow... This is just what i was praying to hear pls sir / ma can i talk to you via phone pls just a beep 08062360567
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by HolyTitus(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tobiloba84:
Yes and as a matter of fact, thats what am doing now in University of Ibadan,
Pls bro, how were you able to do that with only your HND, even without PGD and also, are you running a professional Masters programme or Academic Masters programme.. Pls, enlighten me...
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by gentlegenius(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:

In which school? Which department and which year did you do it?
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by HolyTitus(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
oc2fish:
pls go and get B.Tech/B.Eng because with HND you are not recognize by professional bodies like COREN as an Engineer. No academic department will employ you because of the deficit. If you like academics go and get your degree. pgd is a no no for you.
#IffaHear... For where did you heard that COREN tantrum from ? Even with the Coren tantrum you just uttered made everything you'd said substandard... Always ask what you don't know; don't just jump to conclusion. #AllLove

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lakasigbe:

it depend on the university some required with upper credit, some with professional certificate . Did mine with professional certificate@ National open university

Pls can i talk to you over the phone pls i need to ask some question pls... Just beep me at 08062360567
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tobiloba84:
Yes and as a matter of fact, thats what am doing now in University of Ibadan,

Pls sir can i call you pls this is my number 08062360567
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Faheedat: 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
My brother,

kindly do your 1st degree and go for your Msc. PGD program is a shortcut to Msc but it may affect your career development and promotion in future. Do the right thing at the right time. Goodluck
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by gentlegenius(m): 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ken4Christ:
In Nigeria anything is possible. Ideally, it is not possible. You have to go for post graduate diploma first. What people should understand is that the curriculum of the polytechnic is not the same as that of the University. For instance in Engineering, the depth of studies of core courses like mathematics is not the same for both institutions. I am not saying the University graduate is necessarily more intelligent than the polytechnic graduate. What I am saying is that they are not subjected to the same academic rigors.

So, for his or her interest, the graduate of polytechnic even though he scored distinction should first go for a PHD.
What if she had gotten a first class in a University? Will she do masters in Nigeria without a PGD?
I just want to know.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Carmal90(m): 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
samuelUMOH:
schools in South Africa will accept and give him scholarship .

Pls can u name name of d school in South??
Pls do they accept upper credit as well?
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Carmal90(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
ochuciano:

I know ur feeling, but try and enrol in UNISA, in a year u will get ur degree. UK schools do the same, but the exchange rate is not favorable now.

Is it a distant learning
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by CORRECTMAN78(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
fergie001:
Academic MSc would need a PGDE,many years ago,it was allowed,but with wider dichotomy in our educational system esp in Engineering,it changed.

Pls don't be offended bro/sis, which one is academic MSc again? Thanks
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Carmal90:

Is it a distant learning
Yes. And it's accepted worldwide
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Vegasailin: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
I graduated with distinction in marine engineering. im planning on doing PGD in logistics and transport management then Masters....I dont think any school will accept Msc. straight without PGD here in Nigeria
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Carmal90(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
ochuciano:

Yes. And it's accepted worldwide

Pls did u have clue on d fees before and after recession??
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Jacko1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ppl saying go abroad they will accept you.... Una don do am b4 ni

U do not know all these foreign skools have list of nigerian universities

Dat list no polytechnic der

Who knows u fit deceive some skools.... But forgerrit men

Let her do pgd
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Dom2020: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
no, get PGD first before masters
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Carmal90:

Pls did u have clue on d fees before and after recession??
we and South Africa are almost in d same ship.
Maximum 500k u Don get ur degree.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by yomalex(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrSmith007:
I have a distinction in Statistics (ND & HND). sometimes I feel i've just wasted my time.
Enroll for BSc in one of these private unis that offer conversion you should be through in 2 sessions
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by agwunchauc(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:

which school please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of KING Cobra Killed By UNIOSUN Students / Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) / How To Calculate Your GP/CGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.