Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:38 AM

Am I Making A Mistake? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Making A Mistake? (1500 Views)

Once Is A Mistake,Twice Is A Habbit. / Am I Too Choosy? / Please Advice Am I Making The Right Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Making A Mistake? by philsworld(f): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
I met this guy few months before my service year but I didn't date him because I discovered he was in a relationship but somehow wasn't sure he wanted to settle down with her. He proposed to me and I refused.

Down to service year, I started dating a fellow Corper. we were very much compatible. The only concern was he made me lose my virginity and made sex become irresistible to me. I felt bad and guilty every time I did it with him but I could not just control myself around him, haven kept myself all through school, I felt it was unusual.

After service, this first guy came knocking again, telling me he could not stop thinking about me even while I was away and after declining his proposal severally. He said he always saw his wife in me. So, I decided to give it a shot.

He is different from my Corper lover. Even though, when we kissed he was erect, yet he will control himself and not make love to me. He is a good Christian and we pray and share things alot. With him, I felt like a virgin again. I felt so good and I decided to end the relationship with the other guy. For me, this is my dream come true man!

Plans are on ground already for us to get married soon but, I feel terrible with the two things I just found out about him. Not that they are too serious, but bothered with why he didn't disclose it to me.

First, he didn't tell me his mom was late. But always referred to his elder sister as mom. Because I had not met them then, I thought the mum he was always talking about was his biological mum, until recently I found out his real mum was late. I kept my cool and even thought maybe he forgot.

After meeting with his elder sister that he refers to as mum, I looked forward to meeting the dad. which I did and discovered that he really married after his first wife died, thus having children from the second woman and he never told me about it. I was angry and told him that wasn't right. He then told me, he never saw it as important. On top of that, he disclosed to me that he had falsified his age all this while. That against the 33, I know, he is 36 years old. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want to change what he told me the first time we met. And I am like what the hell?

Now, we have planned out our wedding already and am only getting to know these things now. Do I still go ahead? How am I sure I won't have other shocking revelations later? Am confused. I really love him but marriage is a life time affair. I don't know what to do. [b]I met this guy few months before my service year but I didn't date him because I discovered he was in a relationship but somehow wasn't sure he wanted to settle down with her. He proposed to me and I refused.

Down to service year, I started dating a fellow Corper. we were very much compatible. The only concern was he made me lose my virginity and made sex become irresistible to me. I felt bad and guilty every time I did it with him but I could not just control myself around him, haven kept myself all through school, I felt it was unusual.

After service, this first guy came knocking again, telling me he could not stop thinking about me even while I was away and after declining his proposal severally. He said he always saw his wife in me. So, I decided to give it a shot.

He is different from my Corper lover. Even though, when we kissed he was erect, yet he will control himself and not make love to me. He is a good Christian and we pray and share things alot. With him, I felt like a virgin again. I felt so good and I decided to end the relationship with the other guy. For me, this is my dream come true man!

Plans are on ground already for us to get married soon but, I feel terrible with the two things I just found out about him. Not that they are too serious, but bothered with why he didn't disclose it to me.

First, he didn't tell me his mom was late. But always referred to his elder sister as mom. Because I had not met them then, I thought the mum he was always talking about was his biological mum, until recently I found out his real mum was late. I kept my cool and even thought maybe he forgot.

After meeting with his elder sister that he refers to as mum, I looked forward to meeting the dad. which I did and discovered that he really married after his first wife died, thus having children from the second woman and he never told me about it. I was angry and told him that wasn't right. He then told me, he never saw it as important. On top of that, he disclosed to me that he had falsified his age all this while. That against the 33, I know, he is 36 years old. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want to change what he told me the first time we met. And I am like what the hell?

Now, we have planned out our wedding already and am only getting to know these things now. Do I still go ahead? How am I sure I won't have other shocking revelations later? Am confused. I really love him but marriage is a life time affair. I don't know what to do. [/b]I met this guy few months before my service year but I didn't date him because I discovered he was in a relationship but somehow wasn't sure he wanted to settle down with her. He proposed to me and I refused.

Down to service year, I started dating a fellow Corper. we were very much compatible. The only concern was, he made me lose my virginity and made sex become irresistible to me. I felt bad and guilty every time I did it with him but I could not just control myself around him, haven kept myself all through school, I felt it was unusual.

After service, this first guy came knocking again, telling me he could not stop thinking about me even while I was away and after declining his proposal severally. He said he always saw his wife in me. So, I decided to give it a shot, because he already broke up with the other girl.

He is different from my Corper lover. Even though when we kissed he was erect, yet he will control himself and not make love to me. He is a good Christian and we pray and share things alot. With him, I felt like a virgin again. I felt so good and I decided to end the relationship with the other guy. For me, this is my dream come true man!

Plans are on ground already for us to get married soon but, I feel terrible with the two things I just found out about him. Not that they are too serious, but am bothered with why he didn't disclose it to me.

After meeting with his elder sister that he refers to as mum, I looked forward to meeting the dad. which I did and discovered that he got married after his first wife died, thus having children from the second woman and he never told me about it. I was angry and told him that wasn't right. He then told me, he never saw it as important. On top of that, he disclosed to me that he had falsified his age all this while. That against the 33, I know, he is 36 years old. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want to change what he told me the first time we met. And I am like what the hell?

Now, we have planned out our wedding already and am only getting to know these things now. Do I still go ahead? How am I sure I won't have other shocking revelations later? Am confused. I really love him but marriage is a life time affair. I don't know what to do.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by RichboyPee(m): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
You are either not telling the truth or just being economical with the truth. Losing your virginity during service after keeping yourself all these while makes me wonder. Secondly, how can you be planning marriage already yet you don't know much about the family you are going into? My candid advice, is for you to go to God in prayers. He alone can give you all the answers you need
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by jashar(f): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Berra leave everybody and be alone for awhile.

Don't rush into anything. Take time out to evaluate your life and set other priorities.

My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by youngberry001(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
Abeg who get iphone 6 for sale..? cry
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by vicstar(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
what an epistle

Anyway, there a some shiiit u can't learn in school undecided
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by queencalipso(f): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
Op you are also not telling the truth here, how can you loose your virginity just one year into service after stating in school for about 4-5yrs? Does it mean you never dated in school? If you did and declined sex, how come is was so easy for u to have given it to your Corper boyfriend just within that short space? Op so many questions About this your virginity but let me just stop here.

Now to the main matter, if u love him, just marry him ignore the fact that he didn't tell u/lied after all, we all lie at some point in our lives. But prepare your self for more shocking revelation and be ready to accept it if you decide to go ahead with the mariage cz it seems your man is the type that prefers you finding out things for you self rather than telling you him self. We all can't always behave in same way.
I found out a lot of things about my ex even the ones he lied about, but I accepted it, it's called tolorating ones flaws knowing that we all ain't perfect. But you don't have to be like me if you can't, it's your life, and so it's your call you just have to search your heart very well.

Btw op, if you know you will go back to your Coper boyfriend better don't go ahead with the marriage, this one that you can't control your self before him. Am saying this cz it's not easy to end r/ship with a man that took your virginity just like that. In your own case, I can't fit understand except it's been long you broke up with him if not, I will advice you give your self a little time.

In case you decide to marry him, love and treat his kids like you would yours.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by rosalieene(f): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
queencalipso:
Op you are also not telling the truth here, how can you loose your virginity just one year into service after stating in school for about 4-5yrs? Does it mean you never dated in school? If you did and declined sex, how come is was so easy for u to have given it to your Corper boyfriend just within that short space? Op so many questions About this your virginity but let me just stop here.
Btw op, if you know you will go back to your Coper boyfriend better don't go ahead with the marriage, this one that you can't control your self before him. Am saying this cz it's not easy to end r/ship with a man that took your virginity just like that. In your own case, I can't fit understand except it's been long you broke up with him if not, I will advice you give your self a little time.

shi.t happens!!
not everyone dates in school and some date but yet not give up their virginity.
Most times it's pressure from the bfs that makes girls give it up. Also, she may feel she had come of age and feel the need to give it up.
#whatGirlsDoForLove

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by SweetPoison22: 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
rosalieene:

shi.t happens!!
Most times it's pressure from the bfs that makes girls give it up. Also, she may feel she had come of age and feel the need to give it up.
#whatGirlsDoForLove
Are you for real?
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by rosalieene(f): 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
SweetPoison22:
Are you for real?
no am for fake cool
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by SweetPoison22: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
rosalieene:
no am for fake cool
Lol, wetin i do you sef? grin
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Marioplus(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
"Call to me, I will answer you and I will show you SECRETS AND MIGHTY THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT" {Jeremiah 33:3}
Use this verse of the Holy Bible to ask God for REVELATIONS AND APPROVAL IF IT IS HIS WILL
PRAY WELL, MAKE SURE YOU ARE CERTAIN OF WHAT GOD IS SAYING
BEFORE YOU COMMIT YOURSELF INTO A LIFETIME MISTAKE
NOBODY WILL FEEL THE REGRETS OR PAINS WITH YOU
ONLY YOU
SO TAKE TIME TO PRAY BECAUSE IT IS THE GREATEST POWER IN THE WORLD WHICH CONTROLS HEAVEN, EARTH AND THE UNDERWORLD
thus
'Whatever you decree on EARTH is approved in HEAVEN' {Mtt.18:18}
"...at the mention of the NAME JESUS; EVERY BEING IN THE HEAVEN, ON THE EARTH AND UNDER THE WORLD MUST BOW AND CONFESS that JESUS CHRIST IS THE LORD TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER" [Phil.2:9-11]
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
queencalipso:

Now to the main matter, if u love him, just marry him ignore the fact that he didn't tell u/lied after all, we all lie at some point in our lives. But prepare your self for more shocking revelation and be ready to accept it if you decide to go ahead with the mariage cz it seems your man is the type that prefers you finding out things for you self rather than telling you him self. We all can't always behave in same way.
I found out a lot of things about my ex even the ones he lied about, but I accepted it, it's called tolorating ones flaws knowing that we all ain't perfect. But you don't have to be like me if you can't, it's your life, and so it's your call you just have to search your heart very well.

In case you decide to marry him, love and treat his kids like you would yours.

Good luck.

See advice
You suppose come work for talk2bella grin
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by queencalipso(f): 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Talk2Bella:

See advice
You suppose come work for talk2bella grin

Lolx smiley I will take that as a compliment tongue
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by GiMngo: 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
youngberry001:
Abeg who get iphone 6 for sale..? cry
Hahaahahahahahahah.....Thanks for blessing my night with laughter
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by firstking01(m): 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Goodnight every one embarassed
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by GiMngo: 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
philsworld:
I met this guy few months before my service year but I didn't date him because I discovered he was in a relationship but somehow wasn't sure he wanted to settle down with her. He proposed to me and I refused.

Now, we have planned out our wedding already and am only getting to know these things now. Do I still go ahead? How am I sure I won't have other shocking revelations later? Am confused. I really love him but marriage is a life time affair. I don't know what to do. [b]I met this guy few months before my service year but I didn't date him because I discovered he was in a relationship but somehow wasn't sure he wanted to settle down with her. He proposed to me and I refused.

Now, we have planned out our wedding already and am only getting to know these things now. Do I still go ahead? How am I sure I won't have other shocking revelations later? Am confused. I really love him but marriage is a life time affair. I don't know what to do. [/b]I met this guy few months before my service year but I didn't date him because I discovered he was in a relationship but somehow wasn't sure he wanted to settle down with her. He proposed to me and I refused.

Down to service year, I started dating a fellow Corper. we were very much compatible. The only concern was, he made me lose my virginity and made sex become irresistible to me. I felt bad and guilty every time I did it with him but I could not just control myself around him, haven kept myself all through school, I felt it was unusual.

After service, this first guy came knocking again, telling me he could not stop thinking about me even while I was away and after declining his proposal severally. He said he always saw his wife in me. So, I decided to give it a shot, because he already broke up with the other girl.

He is different from my Corper lover. Even though when we kissed he was erect, yet he will control himself and not make love to me. He is a good Christian and we pray and share things alot. With him, I felt like a virgin again. I felt so good and I decided to end the relationship with the other guy. For me, this is my dream come true man!

Plans are on ground already for us to get married soon but, I feel terrible with the two things I just found out about him. Not that they are too serious, but am bothered with why he didn't disclose it to me.

After meeting with his elder sister that he refers to as mum, I looked forward to meeting the dad. which I did and discovered that he got married after his first wife died, thus having children from the second woman and he never told me about it. I was angry and told him that wasn't right. He then told me, he never saw it as important. On top of that, he disclosed to me that he had falsified his age all this while. That against the 33, I know, he is 36 years old. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want to change what he told me the first time we met. And I am like what the hell?

Now, we have planned out our wedding already and am only getting to know these things now. Do I still go ahead? How am I sure I won't have other shocking revelations later? Am confused. I really love him but marriage is a life time affair. I don't know what to do.
@Op after reading thru your post, I was wondering and at the same time sad. You kept yourself for years, yet you allowed a Corper who I believe is a big time player to take away your pride. Nawa oooo. It is well. As for the marriage issues with the other guy, just pray about it. The fact that he came for you again after your service shows he's serious. Pray and you won't go astray. Stay blessed.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Talk2Bella(f): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2016
queencalipso:

Lolx smiley I will take that as a compliment tongue

yes dear it was smiley
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by freetalk2: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok.... Not to burst your burbles my sister but your situation is very normal. A lot of people go into marriage to find out some dirty secret about their spouse. You should give yourself a timeout and seek God's divine guidance by praying over it.
The part of loosing your virginity during your service is OK. God only hates the sin and not you. People have even gotten deflowered days before marriage by a different person and still went ahead to marry another person.
Ask yourself deep rooted questions like:
If I marry him and finally find out that he has a kid(s) how will I feel?
If I marry him and finally find out that he is impotent how will I feel?
If I marry him and finally find out that he is a murderer or criminal?
........the questions goes on and on......
Will you still forgive him?
If your answer to these questions and many more is a capital NO, then you need to ran as fast as you can.
A million and one reason may make him not to have touched you. One of which maybe his religious belief or reserving you for the honeymoon.

A woke up this morning, read your post and had to comment.

My sister you have got control over your own life, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
Peace and God bless you.

Michael....
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Lexxyburg(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2016
I pirry the guy who's about to live with a slack sh1thole for the rest of his life.

teamVirgin.

Oya kill yourself.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 20, 2016
i wonder why many are blaming her for losing her virginity in a short period.

Many girls who kept their virginity during their university days ended up losing it during service year. its no big deal or big news. it doesnt make her cheap or expensive.

@ OP...concerning your issue, you should find out a lot of things before you dive in.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by columbus007(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by iamharkinwaley: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2016
grin
freetalk2:
Ok.... Not to burst your burbles my sister but your situation is very normal. A lot of people go into marriage to find out some dirty secret about their spouse. You should give yourself a timeout and seek God's divine guidance by praying over it.
The part of loosing your virginity during your service is OK. God only hates the sin and not you. People have even gotten deflowered days before marriage by a different person and still went ahead to marry another person.
Ask yourself deep rooted questions like:
If I marry him and finally find out that he has a kid(s) how will I feel?
If I marry him and finally find out that he is impotent how will I feel?
If I marry him and finally find out that he is a murderer or criminal?
........the questions goes on and on......
Will you still forgive him?
If your answer to these questions and many more is a capital NO, then you need to ran as fast as you can.
A million and one reason may make him not to have touched you. One of which maybe his religious belief or reserving you for the honeymoon.
A woke up this morning, read your post and had to comment.
My sister you have got control over your own life, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
Peace and God bless you.
Michael....
You just said it all
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by warisogeophysics(f): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2016
philsworld:

I will advice you to wait for sometime and watch this guy when you are more convinced you can marry him. A failed relationship is better than a failed marriage

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Cutehector(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
rosalieene:

shi.t happens!!
#whatGirlsDoForLove
wats d pricest thing you've done for love?

(1) (Reply)

Photo! How Sex With A Stranger Almost Cost Me My Life On Xmas Day,end Time Story / Suffering From Domestic Violence / Before And After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.