Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,078 members, 7,949,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Didn’t Have A Vag!na – Transgender Clifford Oche ‘miss Sahhara’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Didn’t Have A Vag!na – Transgender Clifford Oche ‘miss Sahhara’ (6242 Views)

“He Is Not My Father” - Miss Sahhara Disowns Man Who Claims To Be His Father / Gabriel Oche Amanyi "Terry G" To Contest For Benue State Governorship Election / After Taking Selfie With Her Hand Inside A Vag*na, Doctor Faces Sack (SEE Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Have A Vag!na – Transgender Clifford Oche ‘miss Sahhara’ by owukpa(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nigerian representative at the just concluded Miss Trans Star International beauty pageant in Barcelona, Miss Sahhara has lost the crown to Brazil's Rafaela Manfrini.

Born Clifford Oche, Miss Sahhara was cruising down the runway in a cream dress.

Sporting a cream dress with a plunging neckline, Miss SaHHara glided down the runway without a hint of shyness, drawing in the 300-strong audience with her light-green eyes.
Nothing much remained from the young 19-year-old man who fled Nigeria for London more than a decade ago.

"I had severe disphoria. My breasts weren't growing, I didn't have a vagina, I looked at myself in the mirror and I did not feel comfortable with my body," she told AFP before the gala final Saturday.

Miss SaHHara, as she is known, always knew she was a woman.
She would put on make-up and wear her mother's high heels.
But in Nigeria, where homosexuality and transsexuality are illegal and punishable by 14 years in jail, her situation was tough.

"In the street, they were always attacking me, harassing me," she said.
"I came back home and my family would harass me, they said 'you're wrong, you need to change, act like a man'."

She twice attempted suicide and says she was imprisoned in Nigeria for wearing women's attire before escaping to London, first as an illegal migrant, then as a refugee.
"There was no way I could have survived in Nigeria, this is why I had to leave," she said.

In Britain, she underwent surgery to become a woman with long, curly blond hair, big breasts and full lips.
She works as a model and singer, and also manages her own NGO to help transsexuals.

"London gave me the opportunity to pursue my dreams and be my true self," she said.

"I'm hoping that by speaking out and coming to Miss Star, I will try to influence people or perhaps influence my government to revoke 14 years imprisonment for LGBT in Nigeria."

http://www.idomavoice.com/2016/09/clifford-oche-loses-miss-trans-star.html

cc: seun, lalasticlala

Re: I Didn’t Have A Vag!na – Transgender Clifford Oche ‘miss Sahhara’ by opeyemiieblog(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
seriously u r not alright.....
Re: I Didn’t Have A Vag!na – Transgender Clifford Oche ‘miss Sahhara’ by Luckylife(m): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ur body ur live .
Re: I Didn’t Have A Vag!na – Transgender Clifford Oche ‘miss Sahhara’ by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
when you see a white woman.. Run or ask for her childhood pics.. Okay..?
It an advice, you take it or leave it

(1) (Reply)

South African Actress Pearl Thusi Goes Nude And Flashes Boobs / 'teni Is Disgusting', Nigerian Man Blurts Out On Twitter. / Rema Dragged For Kissing Female Fan And Spraying Money On Her Bum On First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.