Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,620 members, 7,972,291 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:21 AM

50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims (5984 Views)

Why Most Terrorists Are Muslims. / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? / Unbelievable: Even In Jail, Rev King Still Controls Minds Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
EDIT:

Its only in a country like nigeria that those living in a semi arid region of the country are considered to be more populous than those living in a greener environment . . .
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
All of you are entitled to ur idealogy
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by AndreUweh(m): 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
In Ibadan Region, there might be more christians than muslims but Ibadan indigenes are mostly muslims. Having said that, Islam in Ibadan is static and has not been witnessing any growth. In fact by 2030, the adherents of celestial church and eternal sacred order of cherubim will be at per with their muslim counterparts. I suspect that by 2050 Islam will wither away in Ibadan except something is done now. But what can muslims do to stop Islamic extinction in Ibadan?.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

Its only in nigeria that those living in a semi arid region are more populous than those living in a forest region . . .

Yes ma dear
Yet the world compares Rio de Janeiro and Manila to Lagos,calling them mega cities but Muslims tell us Kano is more populated.
That's how they compurte their figures.
Is there anyone outside of Nigeria that has ever heard of a city called Kano besides Nigerians.
Besides  the govt soonsored Hajj period,is there any other time the Kano airport witnesses passengers?
Who here has flown from Europe and America into Kano enroute their destination?
what are they looking for ?
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 4Play(m): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
It's not inconceivable that more than 50% of Nigerians are Muslims with birth rates higher in Muslim areas for a start.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
4 Play:

It's not inconceivable that more than 50% of Nigerians are Muslims with birth rates higher in Muslim areas for a start.

Their infant mortality and death rates are also higher than that of southerners
It's not possible for 2 regions in Nigeria to outnumber 4 even though some of them start procreating at the age of 9
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 4Play(m): 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
You would agree with me that the far North has more in common with Niger Republic. Check out the difference in the population growth rates between Niger and Nigeria; 3.28% and 2.23% respectively.

Population growth rate for Niger

Population growth rate for Nigeria

Presuming the far North is growing its population at rates closer to Niger's, imagine the consequence over decades. Remember the population growth rates takes into consideration infant mortality/death rates.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
4 Play:

You would agree with me that the far North has more in common with Niger Republic. Check out the difference in the population growth rates between Niger and Nigeria; 3.28% and 2.23% respectively.

Population growth rate for Niger

Population growth rate for Nigeria

Presuming the far North is growing its population at rates closer to Niger's, imagine the consequence over decades. Remember the population growth rates takes into consideration infant mortality/death rates.

This is stretching things a little bit.
[b]We are talking of Nigeria not Niger republic
If you want to draw a pallel between the 2,can you also tell us the population of Niger Republic,that may be a good place to start[/b]It is impossible that the north is more populated than the south,have you been to these places?
The big cities are the only populated regions,the rest of it is one house here ,one there.
Unlike the south where there areat leat 3-4 sizeable cities in one state.
We are talking of the NE and NW as against the SE,SS,SW and NC (with half the population as Christians)
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2009
Let me help you 4play
Niger Republic,a country larger in landmass than Nigeria has a population of 15 million.
Nigeria has 150 million.
They(Niger republic) are made of arid and semi arid region just like the far north.
Now, how on earth could the far north be more populated than Niger republic that mirrors their terrain and perhaps birthrate as you suggest since they are both mainly Muslim regions?
How could they be more populated than southern Nigeria?
You've actually defeated your  own argument and this  tells me that perhaps the northeners and by extension Muslims in Nigeria are far  less than I initially  thought.

I'm good,you got to admit that
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
Where's that Map nicca a.k.a [b]he who must not be named [/b]when u need him. Only he can verify this claim
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
arkinses:

Where's that Map nicca a.k.a [b]he who must not be named [/b]when u need him. Only he can verify this claim

ROFL

I miss him too.
we need him here
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2009
Andre Uweh:

In Ibadan Region, there might be more christians than muslims but Ibadan indigenes are mostly muslims. Having said that, Islam in Ibadan is static and has not been witnessing any growth. In fact by 2030, the adherents of celestial church and eternal sacred order of cherubim will be at per with their muslim counterparts. I suspect that by 2050 Islam will wither away in Ibadan except something is done now. But what can muslims do to stop Islamic extinction in Ibadan?.

And I an Oyo State indigene . . .  cool . . disagree with your opinion.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2009
0hsisi:

Let me help you 4play
Niger Republic,a country larger in landmass than Nigeria has a population of 15 million.
Nigeria has 150 million.
They(Niger republic) are made of arid and semi arid region just like the far north.
Now, how on earth could the far north be more populated than Niger republic that mirrors their terrain and perhaps birthrate as you suggest since they are both mainly Muslim regions?
How could they be more populated than southern Nigeria?
You've actually defeated your  own argument and this  tells me that perhaps the northeners and by extension Muslims in Nigeria are far  less than I initially  thought.

I'm good,you got to admit that

shocked shocked shocked shocked that is a knockout punch grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
I laughed again, though briefly this time, for its only @ the very poor attempt made by Osisi in answering my question.

Had you invited your grade schooler, he might have done better than that.

Its quite unfortunate as I get little time to spend on net; and have loads to do.

But you can advertise more of your ignorance. . .the platform is still wide open.

Can't wait to read more of that, woman. Thanks cheesy
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
wink
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
0hsisi:

The source is from the leaders in Nigeria and so it was Islamic.The leader was and is still Islamic .

How did you come to this conclusion?

If that sort of research is to be carried-out, leaders only come to picture in one way; and thats during asking their permission.

All these facts aside, I can't think media like CNN, BBC and the likes would have valued that count in truly the real source is from the leaders. And no unbiased person could. . .only you folks. lol! grin

The Obasanjo's census did not have religion as one of the criteria to be checked off ,go and do your research.Northerners have been known to falsify figures in Nigeria to their advantage so I guess they pulled the statistics out of a plate of gworro.
In the  census the northerners consistently refuse to be counted and would make up a figure for the enumerators since their wives  and females are hidden behind walls.

Really?

I can't believe you know a thing about the PRESENT northern Nigeria, woman.

Let me tell ya, woman, I was part of that exercise. I swore to my Creator this is a blatant lie. I, for example, added not a single person. May God punish me if I am telling lie. And may He punish you if you think I am telling lie. . .agreed?   cheesy

Figures in Nigeria cannot be trusted,common sense would tell us what the truth is.

I wonder how many mouth have you? You said this and that, for e.g. above. You obviously contradict yourself.

How many Muslims are on this forum when compared to Christians?

This is regarded by the general populace here in the north as Yorubas place. And that could be easily deduced if you ask yourself how many other tribes are in here compared to Yorubas.

More-over, I can boast saying am the only active Hausa man aboard NL because of the above impression held by our ppl.

Are you claiming then that Christians are more advanced that Muslims in Nigeria ?
Why would 50% of Nigerians be Muslims yet those on the internet are perhaps only 20% Muslim?
Are the Christians stopping your internet connections?
Please come with a better argument.
You are far less in number,that is the real reason.

In this regard you are; thats a bitter truth to me. Why or rather how? Western education has been in your region for nearly a century before "it" set foot on Northern part of Nigeria. Furthermore, this type of education was, and is still, being frowned at by many people.

But thanks to Allah as our ppl are not illiterate--taking the definition of literacy, for their are innumerable number of those who detest Western education who can read and write Arabic alphabet + memorization of Qur'an, Hadeeth and other Islamic books. Their problem is english. lol! grin

It is common knowledge that uncountable Muslims have since left Islam especially in Yorubaland.
The dan fodio figures you guys give about Yoruba Muslims being 65% are so outdated,I think it's in the 70's.
Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther who was Muslim must have known this fact too

Pure propaganda. I laughed at it.

na lie

na true, an incontestable one even.

That speaks volumes
and these churches are packed full every Sunday?
where are the Muslim faithfuls worshipping if you want to discountenance number of churches?
The largest places of worship in Nigeria are Churches and the pews are not occupied by satchets of pure water.

What of mosques? Every single mosque is always littered with people on every Friday. . .come see yourself, woman.
You folks living in the West have a vague pic of Nija, wallahi. Had you a clear one you would not have that ignorantly said this.

I have stayed in various parts of northern Nigeria.
The Muslim population is so overated.

And I am staying in the North; whose words are to be trusted? Wonder o!
For instance, whenever Southern/Western Nigerian issue is discussed on this board, I usually stay faithfully mute, for I know little about the going-ons there. But u. . .

what questions
Even my grade schooler would have answered those.
Read my earlier post again and ponder on the figures.
Why would every Nigerian you meet outside of Nigeria be most likely a Christian by an 80% chance and yet Muslims make up 50% of Nigeria
Does that make a bit of sense to you?
The true number of Muslims is most likely 30-40% ,politics aside and I'm being very generous.

I can only think of one only source as your source, i.e. NL. You too admit you take it as the microcosm of Nigeria. Childish it sounds.

And every sane person could fathom it and differentiate whose figure is to be considered serious? You, who take NL as your source; and they who conducted a physical round exercise?

Please get more serious things to say.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
Muhsin,if I believe that the census figure is right despite the overwhelming evidence that it cannot be right,I must also believe that the citizens of Nigeria voted Yaradua in as their president.
You may also want to tell us the date CNN and ABC conducted a census in Nigeria to come up with figures or they only report what the Muslim leaders gave as the figures .
Lastly,in case you don't know,a little poll on nairaland sometime ago actually showed that Igbos were more in number here than Yorubas which amongst other things tells me Igbos are the most populated tribe in Nigeria but that's for another thread.
The north (Muslims) has consistently manipulated figures in Nigeria to their advantage for instance northern region became NE,NC and NW while their riival Igbos and Yorubas still have one region each.
A people that are quick to slaughter their neighbors for religion at the drop of a hat.
A section of Nigeria that is bent on milking the country dry despite the fact that they don't produce any sizeable literate manpower, contribute negligibly in foreign remittance into Nigeria,have nothing to show in educational achievement both locally and internationally when compared to other regions and have no oil deposits as far as we know unlike the SS,SW and SE yet insist on ruling Nigeria and running it further down the drain by their mediocrity and over -inflated sense of entitlement .
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2009
The chapter is closed. cheesy

Why?
You are being too opinionated, Osisi. For a single example I admit am the only active member aboard NL who's Hausa and from this very region, i.e. North. Thus the idea of taking NL as microcosm or whatsoever to calculate the number of Muslim there are in Nigeria sound very novice and hight unintelligent to every able-thinking person. Hence whats the point of wasting invaluable time "debating" with you? There is of course none.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
What are you that mad at? The undeniable fact that Muslims out-number you in Nigeria? grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
muhsin:

The chapter is closed. cheesy

Why?
You are being too opinionated, Osisi. For a single example I admit am the only active member aboard NL who's Hausa and from this very region, i.e. North. Thus the idea of taking NL as microcosm or whatsoever to calculate the number of Muslim there are in Nigeria sound very novice and hight unintelligent to every able-thinking person. Hence whats the point of wasting invaluable time "debating" with you? There is of course none.

why are you the only Hausa on the forum,you claim to be the most populous tribe in Nigeria and only one is found here.
Internet never reach una huts? grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2009
muhsin:

What are you that mad at? The undeniable fact that Muslims out-number you in Nigeria? grin grin grin

ROFL
Bode Thomas also wears a size 42DD bra
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2009
muhsin:

Let me tell ya, woman, I was part of that exercise. I swore to my Creator this is a blatant lie. I, for example, added not a single person. May God punish me if I am telling lie. And may He punish you if you think I am telling lie. . .agreed?   cheesy

1. Which creator would that be . . .the one in The Black Stone or the one of the Bible.

2. Your swearing holds no water so don't bother yourself.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2009
You can say that again. . . tongue
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2009
0hsisi:

why are you the only Hausa on the forum,you claim to be the most populous tribe in Nigeria and only one is found here.
Internet never reach una huts? grin

I helplessly mentioned it earlier on; its but a bitter truth to me that your people are far learned in Western/orthodox education than our own. Thats the prime cause of that.

But, go to facebook and see; they littered the frigging site.

That notwithstanding, the fact remains intact, and you very well know it, woman. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Beautymc(f): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
Why won't muslims be 50% after counting their rams and cows? But am happy that God still have 50% souls (christains) in heaven while other 50% knows their route to,
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2009
u think so?,but to be candid,the reverse is the case ;d
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Beautymc(f): 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2009
@uplawal, i don't think so but i know so.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Frizy(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2009
If Cows were added in the North it is possible.
Americans are not always right in Nigeria they may be right in their America.

These are misconceptions I hardly can comprehend. Let me tell you, they know your country better than you do. So get that straight.

Whatever, it is a good report to have Christians up to 50%.

Happy to hear that 50% Nigerians will make heaven.

Our God reigns.

Jesus is Lord

So Jesus has now promised you God's heaven if you worship him as a son. And you deem that if 50% were Christians they are the true inhabitants of Paradise. These are just your own sayings. The losers will surely be those who loss their souls while they deem they are on the right course.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
I don't mind them
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 11:08am On Dec 04, 2009
Abuzola 1:

I don't mind them

Me too. cheesy
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Beautymc(f): 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2009
Abuzola 1:

I don't mind them
@Abu, why would u mind them? when your God will open female's breast.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2009
Wisdom and sense are what some people lack, and that leads them to talk stupidly, irrelevantly and offensively regarding everything they are "invited" to talk about. Thats really disappointing seeing the fact whoever can operate computer is expected to, at least, know something, i.e. is referred to as literate. But apparently the reverse is the case. Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You Ask God For Before Sleeping? / First Hand Prophesies About The Future 2018-3797 / Steve Job's Views on God, After-life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.