Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,823 members, 7,972,941 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:58 PM

Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra (25083 Views)

El-Rufai Smiling As He Meets Bishops To Settle Rift With Christians (Photos) / Buhari And Ministers Shun South-East Summit After IPOB Threat / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by prince985(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:

What are you talking about? I! AM! IGBO! How is alright to arbitrarily shut down an entire region? How will people earn? Will you feed their children? If people want to join that's fine. But to force them? You are becoming the very thing you hate and you can't see it. We are better than this but we as a group have been blinded by lies, hard times and mistreatment.

I'm not your enemy. Get your mind right.
did u say anything wen dey declared 3day public holiday for Muslims just because..JUST because DEY COULD NOT SITE D MOON DEY EXTENDED D HOLIDAY FOR D WHOLE COUNTRY...and secondly because ur Igbo doesn'tmean ur a biafran if u were a true biafran u will understand tins d way we do..u will like wat we like and hate wat we hate and value wat we value dat is how countries unite...dat is y Nigeria will Neva move forward pple like u will end up sabotaging our efforts and betrayin dis struggle like rochas okorhausa..

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by engrchykae(m): 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
90% of Igbos in the villages are loyal to Catholic and Anglican church than the IPOB....

IPOB be careful not to incur the wrath of these worshippers oooooooooooh

Ask Ohakim how market? grin
but 100% of igbos would chose Biafra before RELIGION
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by anaton(m): 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
noblezone:
On Friday, I will sit at home with my family.
I will do this even if I am alone.

I am doing this to satisfy my conscience.
When posterity asks me, what did you do when the sons of Usman Dan Fodio masquerading as herdsmen were invading your lands, killing your men, raping your women and burning your houses,
I will boldly say, I had a sit at home protests. At least , its better than carrying arms.

but time is coming when arms might be inevitable.
Another community was attacked last week in Enugu state

So, to those of you who hate Biafra, what can you do to stop these blood thirsty messengers of Allah?

You hate the guts of the Biafrans but have no answer to the bloody campaigns of the Jihardists.

Shame on you all
Shame.on.you cowards.

And cursed by the day The Day, the slave trader called Luggard set his foot on my lands.

This is just the beginning.

Yes o! We all have to answer to posterity one day
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by solidman59(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
noblezone:

When posterity asks me, what did you do when the sons of Usman Dan Fodio masquerading as herdsmen were invading your lands, killing your men, raping your women and burning your houses,
I will boldly say, I had a sit at home protests. At least , its better than carrying arms.

So, to those of you who hate Biafra, what can you do to stop these blood thirsty messengers of Allah?

You hate the guts of the Biafrans but have no answer to the bloody campaigns of the Jihardists.

Shame on you all
Shame.on.you cowards.

And cursed by the day The Day, the slave trader called Luggard set his foot on my lands.

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by pennywys(m): 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
noblezone:

Shame on you all
Shame.on.you cowards.

bros am a southerner, I'm fully in support of biafra. But what I don't like in this circumstance is disturbing the gathering of those fully ordained bishops. IPOB should have give them chance to finish their conference has planed.
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by hamilton62(m): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:

Am I Buhari? I must be Garba Shehu? Femi Adesina? I don't speak for that man. From my vantage point he misspoke with the 95% vs 5% statement. It was misquoted and blown out of proportion by the opposition who have shown they hate us more than the present gov't. He should have immediatley cleaned up that fauxpas because has been used to cause major dissent in the land.

Tribalistic? I don't see it. From the standpoint of important ministries we have some important positions. The security forces are lacking but I'm not familiar with how the promotions work in that sector. He allocated funds for the 2nd Niger Bridge. He's building a railway in through the SS, SE & SW. Mind you this is during a time of thin resources. The Enugu-Onitsha Expressway is about to be redone and Zik's mausoleum is about to get a facelift. He even refused to play politics and sent the rail though Ekiti in spite of the of sitting gov's disrespect.

Nepotism? I agree with you there. Some of the appointments have raised my eyebrows.

I'm not asking you to lie nor "sweet talk" as you put it. Just keep things civil. We can discuss and come to a phase of operational unity. I don't expect us to agree on all matters but we can always show respect to each other.

Not a problem. Once again, I'm not saying there aren't people who don't want to join the protest. I'm not saying everyone involved is forcing others. But what I am saying is that there are too many people are are forcing and are being forced to participate. The very fact that people are being castigated for disagreeing is a major cause for concern. That's my issue. But below are some links to the articles I was mentioning.

I can't seem find the article from a few months back when some priests had gotten caught up in a march and were mishandled. If I can find it I'll quote you.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/police-arrest-12-ipob-members/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/biafra-ipob-massob-shut-down-markets-in-nnewi-aba-for-nnamdi-kanu/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/anxiety-enugu-following-Igbos-sit-home-threat-massob-declares-full-blown-war-fg/
bro, all thing here boils down in one... I don't call names or insult but i do tell the truth i deduce from people's comment and bring them down or raise them to that level without an apology.
If i say you've stolen and you did does it matter the way i said it, either by shouting or whispering?
Tell all biafrans how you think we roll.
Go to the market and do your business if you like will anyone kill you?
Are we jihadist?
Isn't life sacred to us?
Will everyone stay at home tomorrow, why not do yours and let me do mine even in this harsh economic state will i eat on your dinning table tomorrow and after?
Life is free and you can and will only account for this you are living not mine or others so, rool it the way it suits you!
Ciao!
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
pennywys:
bros am a southerner, I'm fully in support of biafra. But what I don't like in this circumstance is disturbing the gathering of those fully ordained bishops. IPOB should have give them chance to finish their conference has planed.

Nobody disturbed the Bishops.
The 23rd sit at home protest was fixed because that is the same day Kanu is to appear in court.

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by hamilton62(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
pennywys:
brother, this protest have been dated for 23rd for God knows when and wasn't fixed because of the meeting... Just that the levites never see it pulling much magnitude just as they do now and they never complained that it was forced on them but plead for time to favour their meeting and it's optional... My Most Rev. N.O said that he respect their opinion, so it shows that they have done nothing wrong or the primate wouldn't have said so.
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
tplacid:

So because of the actions of few miscreants you support the actions of IPOB. When things become really bloody it might be to late for you and your likes to have a re think. Majority don't support the actions of the herdsmen but your IPOB people that you support would act in such a way Bishops and innocent people will pay for what they know nothing about. Just think twice man, nobody supports the herdemen infact it will a lot of good in the IPOB attack them but that's not the case here.

You either provide a solution the herdsmen menace or leave me alone.
As much as I am not a member of the IPOB organisation, IPOB so far has not harmed anybody.
So, what actions of the IPOB are you talking about?

The Bishops heard of the sit at home protest and are just expressing concerns.
The herdsmen is just one of the atrocities of Nigeria.

Explain to me why a student who scored 69% is denied admission, while a another one who scored 1% is given the same admission?
I want solutions and not rhetorics.

Let us negotiate how we shall leave together, they say no.

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
hamilton62:

bro, all thing here boils down in one... I don't call names or insult but i do tell the truth i deduce from people's comment and bring them down or raise them to that level without an apology.
If i say you've stolen and you did does it matter the way i said it, either by shouting or whispering?
Tell all biafrans how you think we roll.
Go to the market and do your business if you like will anyone kill you?
Are we jihadist?
Isn't life sacred to us?
Will everyone stay at home tomorrow, why not do yours and let me do mine even in this harsh economic state will i eat on your dinning table tomorrow and after?
Life is free and you can and will only account for this you are living not mine or others so, rool it the way it suits you!
Ciao!

You're missing my point. You're being rude because you're calling/implying me something I'm not because I have a differing opinion. It doesn't have to come to that. At all times, let's respect one another. Life throws us enough curve balls and raises blood pressure enough. We don't need for NL to be another source of frustration. We can disagree without letting get to the point where people start trying to defame others.

All I'm against is people being forced against their will to sit home. If people are not being intimidated into joining then more grease to your elbow. Take the month off if you like.

We may not be jihadists but Kanu is being turned into a messianic figure by some. People have insinuated I wouldn't make it home from the market in the SS nor SE if I said my piece so I hope you understand the atmosphere that is being cultivated.

And my brother I would gladly share what's on my table as long as you share with me what's on yours. It's our way.

prince985:
did u say anything wen dey declared 3day public holiday for Muslims just because..JUST because DEY COULD NOT SITE D MOON DEY EXTENDED D HOLIDAY FOR D WHOLE COUNTRY...and secondly because ur Igbo doesn'tmean ur a biafran if u were a true biafran u will understand tins d way we do..u will like wat we like and hate wat we hate and value wat we value dat is how countries unite...dat is y Nigeria will Neva move forward pple like u will end up sabotaging our efforts and betrayin dis struggle like rochas okorhausa..

Yes I said it was wrong! I was very unhappy and I'm still unhappy. It through off my entire schedule but what could I do?

To say I'm not a "True Biafran" because I don't agree with everything proposed is ridiculous. So what you are saying is that in a new Biafra we would all be drones who don't think for ourselves? Your blind actions without thinking for yourself are exactly what I fear for us. You don't know my family's contributions nor mine. Please let's keep it peaceful in our exchanges.

prince985:
if not for dis man..we wouldn't even have known wat Biafra is all about...he took d pains of travelling around over 9 countries just to unite Biafrans and broadcast from der...he came boldly and unaccompanied to Nigeria despite knowing dat move could even cost him his life...as if he has not shown enof courage..we saw him smiling and wearing an "I LOVE BIAFRA" wristband...he is British and could have just lived there and enjoyed his life..but he refused to forget us and u want us to forget him in prison? cut down on dis ur osogbo weed intake plz

I've known about Biafra all my life. He's introduced nothing new to me. Everything he is preaching is old news to anyone who was brought up by men & women who lived it. If anything he is distorting things by not being Pan-African but that's another topic for another day. He's not courageous he's careless. He lacks tact and is suffering for no reason. I'm not saying forget about the man but making people lose money is not helping him come home any sooner.

Ngozi123:

I already explained it in my post. Do you take the Nigerian Police Force at their word? Please answer this question honestly. They didn't provide any quotes from the traders who were said to have been molested nor did they provide any quotes from the supposed onlookers. They didn't even provide an official quote from the policeman there at the scene. In my experience, when an article fails to show any quotes that support their story, it's usually balderdash. This is because they could be sued for saying that someone said something they didn't.

It doesn't matter what people in this thread say. A lot of people say things on the internet that they would never do in real life; one can never know who is being honest and who is lying or exaggerating here.

I take things on a case by case basis. If and when IPOB or MASSOB refute the story or defend those who were arrested I will contest the story. It's not about trusting the police nor the journalists but rather understanding the environment. You and I both know they don't care about lawsuits from the common man. They can tie it up in court or get it dismissed very easily. Traders won't give their names in these stories because they don't want any kickback.

I'm pointing out the statements made in this thread to further illustrate the climate that is being cultivated in the East. Thoughts become words and words become actions. I'd rather come across as an alarmist than remain lax and allow things to degenerate out of control.

And in case I'm not clear I do not support the strong arm approach to civilians by security forces. No lives should be lost. Likewise, I don't support people being intimidated. If this is voluntary fine by me but anything else is uncivilized.
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Ngozi123(f): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2016
LoveMachine:

I take things on a case by case basis. If and when IPOB or MASSOB refute the story or defend those who were arrested I will contest the story. It's not about trusting the police nor the journalists but rather understanding the environment. You and I both know they don't care about lawsuits from the common man. They can tie it up in court or get it dismissed very easily. Traders won't give their names in these stories because they don't want any kickback.

I'm pointing out the statements made in this thread to further illustrate the climate that is being cultivated in the East. Thoughts become words and words become actions. I'd rather come across as an alarmist than remain lax and allow things to degenerate out of control.

And in case I'm not clear I do not support the strong arm approach to civilians by security forces. No lives should be lost. Likewise, I don't support people being intimidated. If this is voluntary fine by me but anything else is uncivilized.

They already have. You can Google it, if you like.

Like I said, the fact that there were no direct quotes in that article, not even from the officers at the scene, suggests that it is balderdash. I feel that your bias against IPOB is clouding your judgement here. If you look at that story objectively then you'll be as cynical about it as I am. You've even given us an example of IPOB evolving into an even more peaceful organisation that focuses on voluntary participation in its protests yet you go on to suggest that that its members are becoming more violent. That's a contradiction of the highest order. A few aggressive comments from a very small minority on the internet is not enough to even faze me let alone make me to become alarmed about the situation at hand. If that's the case then I'd assume that all Yoruba people are evil and want all Igbos to die because I've seen a few comments from supposed Yoruba posters that have suggested such a thing. I'm sure that you'll give Yoruba people the benefit of the doubt, as would I, as the majority of them are good people, so why won't you afford these people the same courtesy?

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ngozi123:

They already have. You can Google it, if you like.

Like I said, the fact that there were no direct quotes in that article, not even from the officers at the scene, suggests that it is balderdash. I feel that your bias against IPOB is clouding your judgement here. If you look at that story objectively then you'll be as cynical about it as I am. You've even given us an example of IPOB evolving into an even more peaceful organisation that focuses on voluntary participation in its protests yet you go on to suggest that that its members are becoming more violent. That's a contradiction of the highest order. A few aggressive comments from a very small minority on the internet is not enough to even faze me let alone make me to become alarmed about the situation at hand. If that's the case then I'd assume that all Yoruba people are evil and want all Igbos to die because I've seen a few comments from supposed Yoruba posters that have suggested such a thing. I'm sure that you'll give Yoruba people the benefit of the doubt, as would I, as the majority of them are good people, so why won't you afford these people the same courtesy?

Please provide a link to the article refuting the arrest.

I posted the other article to prove I'm not biased. I said I'm worried about the group becoming a tyrannical organization. If heaven forbid the leadership got hijacked by the very group of touts who aren't as evolved then what? That is the element I'm worried about. I know we are peaceful but that what worries me. I don't want wolves to get into the gen house.
Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Ngozi123(f): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
LoveMachine:

Please provide a link to the article refuting the arrest.

I posted the other article to prove I'm not biased. I said I'm worried about the group becoming a tyrannical organization. If heaven forbid the leadership got hijacked by the very group of touts who aren't as evolved then what? That is the element I'm worried about. I know we are peaceful but that what worries me. I don't want wolves to get into the gen house.

I share this sentiment and I believe that this is why it's so important for one to emphasise the peaceful nature of such protests. You are not wrong to be worried about such a thing but you must understand that those people are a vocal minority. The best way to suppress such a group is to be even louder than them with your peaceful aspirations. The absolute worst thing to do would be to tarnish the peaceful ones among them, who are in the majority, with the same brush as that'll create an 'us against them' mentality. We do not want that.

Btw, I'm not sure if providing you with the link to the article is a bannable offence or not so I'll just ask you to google it instead.

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ngozi123:

I share this sentiment and I believe that this is why it's so important for one to emphasise the peaceful nature of such protests. You are not wrong to be worried about such a thing but you must understand that those people are a vocal minority. The best way to suppress such a group is to be even louder than them with your peaceful aspirations. The absolute worst thing to do would be to tarnish the peaceful ones among them, who are in the majority, with the same brush as that'll create an 'us against them' mentality. We do not want that.

Btw, I'm not sure if providing you with the link to the article is a bannable offence or not so I'll just ask you to google it instead.

I'm fresh off a ban so I understand. Your views are very clear and correct. Thank you for discussing at length with me. It's nice to get a differing vantage point. I learned much from our exchange.

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Ngozi123(f): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
LoveMachine:

I'm fresh off a ban so I understand. Your views are very clear and correct. Thank you for discussing at length with me. It's nice to get a differing vantage point. I learned much from our exchange.

Me too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falana Tells Buhari To Release Dasuki / Saraki Visits Survivors Of Gas Explosion In Nasarawa (Photos) / Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.