Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,956 members, 7,883,347 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? (3304 Views)

Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) / National Identity Number Mandatory From September / President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by naijaking1: 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
bawomolo:

you have began a trend of tribalizing issues lately. not a good look.

The issues of Nigeria are always complicated by tribal and ethnic undertones. You just have to look at the long pattern of events since after Independence. Denial doen't make it go away.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by bibiking1(m): 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2009
If its free i'll take it! grin
They can all go to hell, they would eat the funds anyway, they need money for Election 2011!
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by Homonide: 2:30am On Oct 14, 2009
naijaking1:

The Hausa/Fulani oligarchs will never allow a real ID card, because it would undermine their strategic interest.
Even though i partially agree with ur thread this time, i wonder if u can post any thread without a touch of fanaticism or tribalism. Looks like u r

pathetically fanatic.

This proposed project is nothing but a white elephant project, intended to siphon Nigeria's money, just as they did in the last one.A good number of

people haven't even collected the National ID card till date,including this writer.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by naijaking1: 2:46am On Oct 14, 2009
Homonide:

Even though i partially agree with your thread this time, i wonder if u can post any thread without a touch of fanaticism or tribalism. Looks like u r
pathetically fanatic.
This proposed project is nothing but a white elephant project, intended to siphon Nigeria's money, just as they did in the last one.A good number of
people haven't even collected the National ID card till date,including this writer.

If saying what has been known for a long time is being 'pathetically fantic' then so be it. The idea had been to ID Nigerians as has been done in developed countries, where the government has accurate information about age, tribe/ethnicity, religion, etc from the card. If you don't understand that these data might counter the long held belief that the Hausa/Fulani has a population advantage over all other tribes, then you would see where this is going.
The money involved is just a secondary effect.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by adamsN: 8:21am On Oct 14, 2009
Am with Olalekan 1 on this one because we just cant criticise the govt on everything they lay hands upon.
Its only better for any one posting a topic to provide us with enough info cos it just makes it ineresting to discuss. smiley
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by rozu4luv(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2009
well it is good cos many has not even till now get the last one they made and millions of young Nigerians have come off age to get theirs. it is good to hear about were our money is going not like others they do in our back smiley
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by ud4u: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2009
Avenue of looting, I smell a rat
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by slimes(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2009
When many nations are trying to make life comfortable for its citizens, we are talking of I.D card. How is this our problem?.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by nexzo(f): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2009
new multi national identity card ko, lol
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by lasalle: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
a total waist of time for now, we have better things to use that money for,
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by bidemi12(m): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2009
@slimes   Ordinarily, in an ideal situation an id card is used to maintain security, allocate resource, constantly revised population census, immigrant tracking, policy strategy/implementation etc. As it is the govt's way is the "best guess" way. If Nigeria had her head in the game there would be no need to spend billions almost every time to run population census. There would be no need since everybody would be required by law to have an id card and the population would be tracked by it. There are so many benefits for a country to have a functioning id card scheme, but like i said Nigeria has to get her head in the game.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by abbeyboy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
lasalle:

a total waist of time for now, we have better things to use that money for,
I can't agree more,
nethacker:

This won't stop those black-dressed IDIOTS called police frm harassing n arresting innocent citizens  grin grin
Very true! grin grin grin
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by olatwo(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
grin grin AND I BET ALOF OF C cool cool cool cool cool cool coolL MANEY IS GOING WIV THAT! DID U HEAR THE NAME 'MULTI' ( W:oW)
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by touchmeder: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
For crying out loud how many Id cards are we going to be issued with in this country?
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by naijaking1: 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2009
touchmeder:

For crying out loud how many Id cards are we going to be issued with in this country?

You just need one from the federal government. Information needed might include your DOB, parents, town, ethnicity/tribe, religion. The same number would be linked to the death of the person. It's the most important developmental, security, and social tool needed for any developing country.
Since it will have an impact on realiable census figures, it's no surprise some people want to stop it.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by oge4real(f): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2009
Accurate data collection indeed. When they can not even carryout a credible census, they are talking about Multi-purpose ID. I still see it as a bid to squander more money.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by tunde300us(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2009
They re nt squandering it,they re just thiefing it. u see grin
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by Utaroz(m): 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
Its anoda 2011 calculation to win elections,have u guys forgotten the stories behind the last one that was neva conclusive.Obasanjo and his cohort used it to win the 2003 elections.Afolabi was made to pay for it wen the fraud was discovered,and the census monies was for 2007 elections.Anytime an election year is coming watch out for a white elephant project

Heh heh heh heh! grin
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
I have nuttin against CHAMS cept they have been in the picture since the last three FAILED!! National ID Card Schemes, why are they still on this one, tell me why you will fail that much and still win contracts when it comes to ID cards.

Nigerians!!! we are permanently naive undecided
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by princeomoh(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ofcourse, they don't bother with reasearch before carrying out such things, even if they do, they don't care about the result, all they want is an avenue to make someone rich and make money, squander the tax payer's money like you rightly point out.
After the first exercise, they probed someone who looted a lot of the cash meant for the exercise, whatever happened to him
they didn't even make room for people who were not upto 18yrs then to walk into a particulr govt dept or office to get one when the time comes up or for aomeone who misplaced his/her's to replace it, inasmuch as they have made their money. Hope this one is something worthwhile anyway.
Re: The New Multi-national Identity Card.to Be Or Not To Be? by jamace(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2010
Bogus project which ulterior motive is to enrich the leadership of the day.

One of the greatest problems of Nigeria is that every leadership brings up a new project designed to enable it loot the national treasury. I know many who have not gotten the national ID card yet, despite undergoing the process for getting it.

The idea is good but the intention is evil!

Which way Nigeria? Which way my country? Which way my fatherland?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too / A Truly Shameful Nation / Richest State In Nigeria 2013 Is Lagos; Sokoto Is The Poorest-see Lists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.