Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,851 members, 7,945,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree (102670 Views)

*CHRISTIANS ONLY* Who Is Your Favourite Bible Villian And Why? / Tell Your Favourite Bible Story / The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Glossyclick(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
I urge you guys to watch a movie titled "GOD'S NOT DEAD" it has part 1 n two
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by analice107: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
joey150:
I can see your good works dear.
All praise to Jehovah the Most High God.
Welcome.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Malakh: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2016
if i reveal the mysteries then you forfeit the money...agreed? and everybody else
Ranchhoddas:
Hmmm....I believe He's talking to His people- His Elect. The palm tree refers to the beauty and erect stature of the people even when other nations were falling, the boughs represent cleavage, God wants to cleave to His people. The breasts which are like 'clusters of dates' refer to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah who provided liquid/nourishment to suckle from.(It might also be interpreted as the two tablets or the King and High Priest). The clusters of vine are the students of the Torah. He wants to see if they have developed in the study...... I am not sure what you mean by the 'roof of your mouth' though.....This is what I found out after a little investigation. Over to you.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Malakh: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2016
olodo grin you didnt even make an attemp
SAMBARRY:
the bible uses figure of speech. You don't take such poems literally.

now Where's my 20,000 naira
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Ranchhoddas: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2016
Malakh:
if i reveal the mysteries then you forfeit the money...agreed? and everybody else
Lol. I am not really interested in such things. It was the money that made me try. I need money bad bad.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Malakh: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2016
ok then,I was just trying to shame this xtians that they didnt know jack about the book,however if someone answered the question then i would have known that we are of the same mind and would have given them the money and become friends with them but since you r not of the same mind or interested in it theres no need explaining or giving money away...adios
Ranchhoddas:
Lol. I am not really interested in such things. It was the money that made me try. I need money bad bad.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Ranchhoddas: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2016
Malakh:
ok then,I was just trying to shame this xtians that they didnt know jack about the book,however if someone answered the question then i would have known that we are of the same mind and would have given them the money and become friends with them but since you r not of the same mind or interested in it theres no need explaining or giving money away...adios
It's a shame. It's alright though.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by SAMBARRY: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2016
Malakh:
olodo grin you didnt even make an attemp
ahan I did na grin

Give me my money joor grin

I need to buy Brazilian hair wig wink
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Malakh: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2016
you know even see better thing to do with money na brazillian hair, for this una recession
SAMBARRY:
ahan I did na grin

Give me my money joor grin

I need to buy Brazilian hair wig wink
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Nwendy(f): 10:01am On Sep 27, 2016
Chrisrare:
Lol.. I never heard of dis passage b4. Dat solomon na very bad boy...

Christains will believe anything so long as its in d bible... I stopped taking d bible serious the day i found out it supports rape, slavery and children killing..
where can I find these in the Bible please
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Seun(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nwendy:
Slavery:

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life. Leviticus 25:44-46

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peter 2:18

Children Killing:

They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. Joshua 6:21

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” 1 Samuel 15:3

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. Psalm 137:9

Rape:

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. Deuteronomy 22:28-29
(A young male jew could force any girl to marry him by simply raping her, getting caught, and paying 50 shekels of silver to her father.)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Chrisrare: 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nwendy:
Isaiah 13:15-18
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by flamingREED(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
I've been overlooking some threads and comments,
And I know many saints do likewise.

But for the faith of the weak Christians we sometimes step in to stop the mouth of the enemy.

If you're a weak and doubtful Christian,
I advice you to quit Nairaland,

But we're here till the day God will scrap the sinful forum Himself.

Amen.

Now my response.

I'm a biology teacher.

There's nothing absurd there.

I can mention more sacred members of our body AS I TEACH Biology.

What justifies my action is my motive.

A medical doctor feels them.

But he's not unjust because His motives are right.

God created marriage and intimacy too,
And He has taught it in a way as practical as holiness makes possible.

If me teaching mild sex education isn't unjust
And the doctors teaching family planning aren't unjust;

To the sane mature minds (His motive) God has indited the songs of Solomon.
Seun, God isn't UNJUST.

As for the slave articles and child killing,
Just know that God judges and metes out punishment in the way He deems fit.

If servitude is meted to one deserving of death, he should be grateful.

Deuteronomy 9
4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: BUT FOR THE WICKEDNESS OF THESE NATIONS THE LORD DOTH DRIVE THEM OUT FROM BEFORE THEE.

God flushed the vile older world with a flood because of sin/corruption.

He used Israel to chastise the next vile generations.

He used other nations to chastise and slay Israelites when they *unrepentantly* erred,
Same strokes.

We know more than your childish onslaughts denote.

In every sane society there's government, justice, imprisonment and death sentences.

Some countries kill for drug trafficking.

For God, the wages of sin was, is, and will be death. Slavery isn't really then a big issue as a punishment for sin.

For killing rebellious children,
Well, It's the same rule.

It's better to kill a young snake than let it grow.
I wish you had understanding.

Repent, Seun.

You can't fight against God.

Christianity has stood in more precarious times,
Hence,
Stop fighting a losing battle.

No one loves to devote their time trying to educate ones fast degrading their prestige into childishness.

Fear God.
Our God is a consuming fire.

Seun:

Slavery:
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life. Leviticus 25:44-46
Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peter 2:18
Children Killing:
They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. Joshua 6:21
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” 1 Samuel 15:3
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. Psalm 137:9
Rape:
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. Deuteronomy 22:28-29
(A young male jew could force any girl to marry him by simply raping her, getting caught, and paying 50 shekels of silver to her father.)

2 Likes

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by chccho(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
#dumpnairaland #nomorenairaland Seun u must apologize publicly on this your own forum for your blasphemy or we start a revolution against u..if u like ban me I can always get back at u somehow.
If u are so confident about your post why are u removing my posts? Why don't I leave your followers to decide if they want to stay on your blog or not since I care less about them..As for me u are just an over Fed baby that's why u take your followers for granted..Why don't we try and see how it will be if about 1000 followers dump nairaland..NLs let's try and see who will lose
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by FunkyMetahuman: 12:17am On Sep 28, 2016
Seun:

Slavery:

Children Killing:

Rape:

saved for reference ....

1 Like

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by chinedumo(m): 12:18am On Sep 28, 2016
mem88:
Ooooohoooooooh!!!!
maybe now una go knw why deeper life banned their members frm reading songs of solomon. :-)

are u serious? I am not aware. Tell me more
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by chinedumo(m): 12:19am On Sep 28, 2016
joywendy:
I'm I the only one who sees this passage has kinda demeaning to women? undecided I don't see this has hilarious but sad...

how so
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by FunkyMetahuman: 2:01am On Sep 28, 2016
flamingREED:
I've been overlooking some threads and comments,
And I know many saints do likewise.

But for the faith of the weak Christians we sometimes step in to stop the mouth of the enemy.

If you're a weak and doubtful Christian,
I advice you to quit Nairaland,

But we're here till the day God will scrap the sinful forum Himself.

Amen.

Now my response.

I'm a biology teacher.

There's nothing absurd there.

I can mention more sacred members of our body AS I TEACH Biology.

What justifies my action is my motive.

A medical doctor feels them.

But he's not unjust because His motives are right.

God created marriage and intimacy too,
And He has taught it in a way as practical as holiness makes possible.

If me teaching mild sex education isn't unjust
And the doctors teaching family planning aren't unjust;

To the sane mature minds (His motive) God has indited the songs of Solomon.
Seun, God isn't UNJUST.

As for the slave articles and child killing,
Just know that God judges and metes out punishment in the way He deems fit.

If servitude is meted to one deserving of death, he should be grateful.

Deuteronomy 9
4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: BUT FOR THE WICKEDNESS OF THESE NATIONS THE LORD DOTH DRIVE THEM OUT FROM BEFORE THEE.

God flushed the vile older world with a flood because of sin/corruption.

He used Israel to chastise the next vile generations.

He used other nations to chastise and slay Israelites when they *unrepentantly* erred,
Same strokes.

We know more than your childish onslaughts denote.

In every sane society there's government, justice, imprisonment and death sentences.

Some countries kill for drug trafficking.

For God, the wages of sin was, is, and will be death. Slavery isn't really then a big issue as a punishment for sin.

For killing rebellious children,
Well, It's the same rule.

It's better to kill a young snake than let it grow.
I wish you had understanding.

Repent, Seun.

You can't fight against God.

Christianity has stood in more precarious times,
Hence,
Stop fighting a losing battle.

No one loves to devote their time trying to educate ones fast degrading their prestige into childishness.

Fear God.
Our God is a consuming fire.

and you justified the order to kill children, slavery and rape by a christian god with countries having imprisonment or death sentence for drugs. But I'm sure you will the first to cry wolf if muslims god says the same.

The kind of people I share country with.

No wonder most rape and awful violence always have pastors and Alfas at the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by flamingREED(m): 5:02am On Sep 28, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
and you justified the order to kill children, slavery and rape by a christian god with countries having imprisonment or death sentence for drugs. But I'm sure you will the first to cry wolf if muslims god says the same.

The kind of people I share country with.

No wonder most rape and awful violence always have pastors and Alfas at the receiving end.

You reason like a child.

Are there no juvenile prisons in your country?

Moreover, God didn't order the killing of any child for every puerile reason.

Deuteronomy 21
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

And he hinged it on the limit of the parent's tolerance.

And to lie to me that the Bible incites rape indicates you're a pervert with unjust heart.

As for me, I obey God's moral laws through the grace Jesus gives me.

If your life is the kind I live, I'll be regretting.

Because I won't ever be free from sin.

And there's no pride in sharing a corrupt country with you.

I'm a pilgrim here.
I'm not of this world.
I'll soon be done.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by FunkyMetahuman: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2016
flamingREED:

You reason like a child.

Are there no juvenile prisons in your country?

Moreover, God didn't order the killing of any child for every puerile reason.

Deuteronomy 21
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

And he hinged it on the limit of the parent's tolerance.

And to lie to me that the Bible incites rape indicates you're a pervert with unjust heart.

As for me, I obey God's moral laws through the grace Jesus gives me.

If your life is the kind I live, I'll be regretting.

Because I won't ever be free from sin.

And there's no pride in sharing a corrupt country with you.

I'm a pilgrim here.
I'm not of this world.
I'll soon be done.
I talk like a child,,,,Agreed!
But you talk like a brain dead. It's like your brain needs a kick starter or something..

How does having children prison justify the killing of children simply because they belonged to the other side?
What about the infants? What sin could infants have committed that would justify their killing?
What bout rape? Are you gonna be glad if someone rapes the person that you love and gave her 5shekels?

They enslaved and oppressed your ancestors using bible to justify their actions, they didn't stop at that, they enslaved you, the children's mind that you will attack anything that questioned your imaginary slave masters god's morality.

Seriously

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by yorhmienerd(m): 9:34am On Sep 28, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
But you talk like a brain dead. It's like your brain need a kick starter or something..

How does having children prison justify the killing of children simply because they belonged to the other side?
What about the infants? What sin could infants have committed that would justify their killing?
What bout rape? Are you gonna be glad if someone rapes the person that you love and gave her 5shekels?

They enslaved and oppressed your ancestors using bible to justify their actions, they didn't stop at that, they enslaved you, the children's mind that you will attack anything that questioned your imaginary slave masters god's morality.

Seriously
This shows how 'smart' you are.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by flamingREED(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
But you talk like a brain dead. It's like your brain needs a kick starter or something..

Seriously

You're a liar and

Hell is for your kind.

I hope you don't justify the starving to death of Biafran children by your ancestors during the civil war, O hypocrite.

But God would still wipe out your sinful world plus your children in it in due time.

Keep lying against the bible and keep reviling the judgments of my sovereign God.

Your time will come.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by FunkyMetahuman: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2016
flamingREED:

You're a liar and

Hell is for your kind.

I hope you don't justify the starving to death of Biafran children by your ancestors during the civil war, O hypocrite.

But God would still wipe out your sinful world plus your children in it in due time.

Keep lying against the bible and keep reviling the judgments of my sovereign God.

Your time will come.
now I can confirm you are brain dead..

Are those verses not in Bible? So where is the lie?

If you hate me for justifying the starvation of biafran children, shouldn't you hate god more or those who justify the killing of infants, women and children, or enslavement of your ancestors.

Starving Biafra children is bad but slavery, killing of infants and rape is okay as long as it comes from your god..

What kind of maniac are you?
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by flamingREED(m): 11:35am On Sep 28, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
now I can confirm you are brain dead..

Are those verses not in Bible? So where is the lie?

If you hate me for justifying the starvation of biafran children, shouldn't you hate god more or those who justify the killing of infants, women and children, or enslavement of your ancestors.

Starving Biafra children is bad but slavery, killing of infants and rape is okay as long as it comes from your god..

Post the verses and the reasons,
Then I'll know you're not biased.

God deals with sinners how he deems fit and it's not restricted to those of other sides as you hypocritically affirm.

Israel didn't escape when they erred, nor their children.

It's God's way and he's coming for the world soon.

Death to the evil world and their children whom they have taught the ways of iniquity.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
chinedumo:

chinedumo:

;-D
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by khaynoni(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
chccho:
#dumpnairaland #nomorenairaland Seun u must apologize publicly on this your own forum for your blasphemy or we start a revolution against u..if u like ban me I can always get back at u somehow.
If u are so confident about your post why are u removing my posts? Why don't I leave your followers to decide if they want to stay on your blog or not since I care less about them..As for me u are just an over Fed baby that's why u take your followers for granted..Why don't we try and see how it will be if about 1000 followers dump nairaland..NLs let's try and see who will lose

And what will he apologize for, for quoting a passage from your so-called sacred book? I don't get it, so because he owns Nairaland, he's not allowed to air his view? Abegii, park well!!!

1 Like

Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by logicab: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

You dey mind that demented entity? As a matter of fact that his Bible quote actually justifies what Biafrans suffered - sebi they were rebels.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by FunkyMetahuman: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
flamingREED:

Post the verses and the reasons,
Then I'll know you're not biased.

God deals with sinners how he deems fit and it's not restricted to those of other sides as you hypocritically affirm.

Israel didn't escape when they erred, nor their children.

It's God's way and he's coming for the world soon.

Death to the evil world and their children whom they have taught the ways of iniquity.
Nigeria army dealt with biafrans how they deem fit.
Its Nigerians right to starve those biafran kids as our lord commandeth it.

How do you feel about it?
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2016
MrPresident1:
Seun, you are completely ignorant of the meaning of the contents of the Bible. I just checked frontpage now to see that this thread is now there and mischievously titled with 'naughty passage'.

To help your ignorance, I will provide an explanation but like everyone else you are free to take it or leave it. Know also that the Bible version you have quoted from is a heavily watered down version created by wicked people to keep the truth of the Bible obscured so that their slaves may continue to be slaves.

In summary, the songs of Solomon is the Bible book of a story of love between Solomon and his bride. Anthropomorphically speaking, Solomon is God while Israel (the people) is his bride. The real and true Israel of the Bible are the Negros who lost favour with God hence their devolution hence their present condition world wide today. God is the life and wisdom of Negros, but due to idolatry, we lost His presence and now grope about in darkness at noon, a lost people. But He has promised that His anger will not last forever, and He would regather us.

The time for this regathering is nigh, when the Negroes the true Israelites of the Bible will assume world leadership again, our birthright that was truncated for only about 2 days will be restored to us.

Solomon is Adam, Israel is Eve. Eve corrupted Adam; Solomon's numerous women corrupted him into idolatry.
Fvcking idiiot. So you consider yourself an arbiter on the "meaning of the contents of the bible", twisting every passage to mean what YOU want it to mean. How convenient. What nonsense.
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 13, 2016
bigybanty02:

lwkmd so 4 ur mind u ar mocking christians abi sory 4 u mr we know want songs of solomon is all about and we ar not ashamed of it deep down ur heart u created diz tread 4 a reason know to u i see d way u alwayz try hard to prove christians wrong base on their believe but d sad truth is diz d more u try d more some1 like me gets stronger and stronger wit my faith in christ i realy feel sad 4 christians who hardly know much about christianity they wil easly go asray if dey encounter ur tread on diz forum mr seun u hav a serious and great agender on diz forum but i pray u encounter the true Jesus the one who died and rose again victoriously 4 ur soul enjoy ur self sir
Didinrin..... And you're happy, abi? It simply means that you do not have the mental capacity to escape from your dreadful predicament. The more your religion is disproved the more desperately you cling to it since it's the only recognisable flotsam in your ocean of depair and ignorance. You're suffering from cognitive dissonance: the more your beliefs are challenged the more fanatically you have to proclaim them because you have nowhere else to turn.

Have you ever paused to ask yourself if you are capable of holding different opinions from those you currently espouse? Is there ANYTHING you would accept as evidence that you're wrong? If not, aren't you just a brainwashed automaton, or mindless extremist with a fanatical and irrational adherence to the position you have adopted? So, is there anything that would stop you believing? Would you accept any kind of "falsification principle" being applied to your religion? Is there any "fact" that you would accept as a refutation of your chosen religion? If you cannot formulate such a possibility then doesn't it mean that you believe blindly? If you proudly state that your faith is "unshakable" then you're not prepared to accept anything as evidence against your beliefs. Therefore, your beliefs constitite an irrational fanaticism, completely divorced from reality. The difference between you and an insane person is merely a matter of degree or opinion since a madman also adheres to unreasonable, unverifiable beliefs that he will never abandon under any circumstances.

Do you look for anomalies, for reasons not to believe? And, if you don't, aren't your beliefs worthless? You could literally believe anything if you are never willing to challenge your beliefs. Every religious person ought to be skeptical because why shoud God want to associate with fools and blind believers?

Mainstream religions are systems of mental illness and their purpose is to spread their particular brand of mental illness. They are viruses of the psyche, the crack cocaine of the mind. When you become addicted you're totally fvcked, and you become addicted astoundingly fast. In no time, you can start hearing voices in your head (like Abraham did and called it "God"wink telling you to go stab the fvck out of your mum to show how faithful you are. You can be comtemplating blowing up yourself and hundreds of others in the name of "God".
Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Godshand:
Is Seun using his site to promote blasphemy of Christianity? Check out most of his threads. It is against the Christianity. May be someone is trying to play with the fire of God. Wait and see how God rewards you with your mockery against him.
Keen on threatening, huh? Good. Keep it coming with the threats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Adult Movie Mistakenly Displays On Church Screen During Service / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.