Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,334 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:57 AM

My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days (2350 Views)

Couple Spend Days Trekking Through The Snow To Tie The Knot On Mount Everest ( / When Your Fiancé's Friend Wants A Taste Of Your Pudding / You Paid Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit And You Caught Her About Doing This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by reserved111(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
We hav been in a distant friendship
Many times she has confessed her love for me.
I hav gone to her villa and her siblings and parents hav known me by now.
She requested to come and visit me
And she has given me d date she will come.

Now from my real purest of thought, I don't think its morally right for a single lady to spend a night at a guys house not to talk of days.

My fear is that if she come we will end up doing at least romance and if I fail to respond to her she may feel I don't like her or dat am not a man.

Dear pals, what is ur suggestions, is it wrong for a single lady to visit a single guy and spend nights
I don't want to do something my mind sees as immoral and I don't want people around to see me as one of the worldly guys.

Note: I have never had sex before and am 33 now. But I hav had romances in d past.

1 Like

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by spartan50(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Well I think you should not allow her come cos you would be tempted to do her. So avoid am no let 13 minutes ruin you.

6 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
grin

Hahahahahha....

So, ur a certified virgin? cheesy ayaaaayaaay! 33 and virgin..
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by izzou(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
Buy a new plot of land close to yours and build one room, self contained for her

It will help you

cool

3 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by yomi007k(m): 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
undecided
Who gives a sh.t wat ppl say? ?

Eversince I stopped giving a damn wat ppl say, I have been a living legend....

eff d world I beg ....do wat u feel is right.
If u dnt want her to come ova, den tel her.

2 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by ITbomb(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
I don't understand
You no wan do?

1 Like

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by yomi007k(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
undecided
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by cocaineaddict(m): 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
reserved111:

Now from my real purest of thought, I don't think its morally right for a single lady to spend a night at a guys house not to talk of days.

My fear is that if she come we will end up doing at least romance and if I fail to respond to her she may feel I don't like her or dat am not a man.

Dear pals, what is ur suggestions, is it wrong for a single lady to visit a single guy and spend nights
I don't want to do something my mind sees as immoral and I don't want people around to see me as one of the worldly guys.

Note: I have never had sex before and am 33 now. But I hav had romances in d past.
was gonna honestly advice u cos I tot u were probably a naive 16yr old novice who's yet to explore the wonderful adventures of boy-girl relationship.

Bros if you're really 33 and putting up dis crap den it means something strange is definitely wrong with your head. U even senior me 4 God's sake tufiakwa

9 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
33? Nature has ran out of patience because of you but has now brought it's force to full bear to make the inevitable happen.

Make sure you turn the volume of your sound system up, I don't think it will be pleasant for a man to be making high pitch noises under such circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
33 and still a virgin bro timez nt on ur side. Shld be married by now. If u lyk her why not take tinz to d next level and if u dont, tell her. She no fit kill u na. 33 virgin and u be guyman omo u try ooo

1 Like

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by GMbuharii: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

Hahahahahha....

So, ur a certified virgin? cheesy ayaaaayaaay! 33 and virgin..
whats funny there nah,haba...well hes not the only one in the house...

Op,have you guys discussed deeply,like having a life together,marriage? Those should come 1st.. There are ways you can make her know you really luv her and deepen ur luv for eachother..u can be slightly romantic while avoiding the do.. Where is she coming frm and where are u? @ reserved111

2 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
GMbuharii:

whats funny there nah,haba...well hes not the only one in the house...

Op,have you guys discussed deeply,like having a life together,marriage? Those should come 1st.. There are ways you can make her know you really luv her and deepen ur luv for eachother..u can be slightly romantic while avoiding the do.. Where is she coming frm and where are u? @ reserved111

What are u saying? Can't u see they're juz friends? Why do they need to discuss abt marriage? shocked

Nawa for u
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by tee59(f): 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
Don't mind dose pple abusing u here. Ur kind of a guy is rear to com by dis days. Ur decision to stay virgin to dis age is not so easy if not 4 d grace of God. Tell her b4 comn dat she wil not slip over or u let her be wt any of ur sis if at all u av. U pple can b 2geda in d day, av fun & all dat but at nite, let her be wit ur sis or a female friend who can undastand u. Dnt let d enjoyment of som minutes turn ur back against ur creator. U kno devil is always lookn 4 ways of stopn ur blessings. If she agrees & if not, just be wise.

2 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
If a woman sees you as less of a man just because you decide to cling to your moral principles of not having sex with a woman you aren't married to, then it says a lot about her, and the kind of person she is.

You haven't indicated through your post, whether or not you are actually in love with her, or whether you want to eventually get married to her, but whichever it is, I don't think a woman's opinion about your manliness, matters at all in the grand scheme of things. Think about this: If eventually she comes to your house and you tell her that you don't want to have sex with her because of your moral principles, what does it matter? What does one person's opinion of you matter? Is her opinion more important than your principles as a man? Are you going to break your moral codes just because of a person's opinion about you? And you aren't even sure she is going to think such about you, so this might be a case of you jumping into conclusion.

On the issue of self control, if you feel that you won't be able to control yourself if she comes to your house, which is going to lead to you doing something you would regret, then the best advice would be to not allow her come to your house.

But to propose a better compromise, I will say this:
I think humans evolved speech for a reason. Every dilemma we are involved in can be resolved by simple conversation. I think you are too old to be worrying about anyone's opinion about you. Whether or not people would misinterpret your gesture as a sign of immorality shouldn't be your concern.
If you want to accept the lady's request of coming to your house and you don't want to engage in any sexual act with her, or not want to face sexual temptation, then the best thing is to engage in an open ended discussion with her about this, when she comes to your house. This would make things easier for you.

3 Likes

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by GMbuharii: 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
TrapQueen77:

What are u saying? Can't u see they're juz friends? Why do they need to discuss abt marriage? shocked

Nawa for u

whats with this auty sef?! angry
the op is talking about avoiding something and marriage can make that something safe..abeg waka jare,capenter woman.

1 Like

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
33 and still a virgin shocked shocked

Bruh..

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
cocaineaddict:

was gonna honestly advice u cos I tot u were probably a naive 16yr old novice who's yet to explore the wonderful adventures of boy-girl relationship.

Bros if you're really 33 and putting up dis crap den it means something strange is definitely wrong with your head. U even senior me 4 God's sake tufiakwa

Vorpal:
33? Nature has ran out of patience because of you but has now brought it's force to full bear to make the inevitable happen
Make sure you turn the volume of your sound system up, I don't think it will be pleasant for a man to be making high pitch noises under such circumstances.

Afisbobo:
33 and still a virgin bro timez nt on ur side. Shld be married by now If u lyk her why not take tinz to d next level and if u dont, tell her. She no fit kill u na. 33 virgin and u be guyman omo u try ooo

Views like this, is what's wrong with contemporary society. How is being a virgin at 33 a bad thing? Or how is being single at 33 a pathetic situation, as you are implying? On what basis did you arrive at this fatuous conclusion? The fact that you hold on to a certain shallow view about relationships and sexuality, doesn't mean everyone should subscribe to it.

Not everyone thinks the same way you do. Not everyone reasons the same way you do. Not everyone subscribes to conditioned conventional ideas, like you do. Because an idea is subscribed by the majority, doesn't make it the best, neither should it be forced on the minority.

And how is it your business when anyone decides to have sex? Or at what age he decides to get married?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:

Views like this, is what's wrong with contemporary society. How is being a virgin at 33 a bad thing? Or how is being single at 33 a pathetic situation, as you are implying? On what basis did you arrive at this fatuous conclusion? The fact that you hold on to a certain shallow view about relationships and sexuality, doesn't mean everyone should subscribe to it.

Not everyone thinks the same way you do. Not everyone reasons the same way you do. Not everyone subscribes to conditioned conventional ideas, like you do. Because an idea is subscribed by the majority, doesn't make it the best, neither should it be forced on the minority.

And how is it your business when anyone decides to have sex? Or at what age he decides to get married?

shocked shocked shocked

Oga, calm your nerves oooo. I was just being sarcastic in my own way. Wetin concern me if he waits to 70 or cut it off?

No take am personal o
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by reserved111(m): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:
If a woman sees you as less of a man just because you decide to cling to your moral principles of not having sex with a woman you aren't married to, then it says a lot about her, and the kind of person she is.

You haven't indicated through your post, whether or not you are actually in love with her, or whether you want to eventually get married to her, but whichever it is, I don't think a woman's opinion about your manliness, matters at all in the grand scheme of things. Think about this: If eventually she comes to your house and you tell her that you don't want to have sex with her because of your moral principles, what does it matter? What does one person's opinion of you matter? Is her opinion more important than your principles as a man? Are you going to break your moral codes just because of a person's opinion about you? And you aren't even sure she is going to think such about you, so this might be a case of you jumping into conclusion.

On the issue of self control, if you feel that you won't be able to control yourself if she comes to your house, which is going to lead to you doing something you would regret, then the best advice would be to not allow her come to your house.

I think humans evolved speech for a reason. Every dilemma we are involved in can be resolved by simple conversation. I think you are too old to be worrying about anyone's opinion about you. Whether or not people would misinterpret your gesture as a sign of immorality shouldn't be your concern.
If you want to accept the lady's request of coming to your house and you don't want to engage in any sexual act with her, or not want to face sexual temptation, then the best thing is to engage in an open end discussion with her about this, when she comes to your house. This would make things easier for you.

Thanks
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by reserved111(m): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:

If you want to accept the lady's request of coming to your house and you don't want to engage in any sexual act with her, or not want to face sexual temptation, then the best thing is to engage in an open end discussion with her about this, when she comes to your house. This would make things easier for you.

Thanks
I once opened up to ask her if she would be fine for us sleeping separately, she said will like us to sleep together. I think she is also a virgin as she told me though her manners suggest she might be romantic
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by iamclime(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:

Now, this is a sensible comment. I think having a chaperone while she is around is also a good idea. What is bad is bad, no matter what people think or say. Premarital sex is bad. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
reserved111:

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
spartan50:
Well I think you should not allow her come cos you would be tempted to do her. So avoid am no let 13 minutes ruin you.
So na 13minutes the guy dey last?
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by cocaineaddict(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:

their is absolutely nothing wrong in being a virgin at 33, the absurd phenomenon here is seeing a 33 year old adult come to an open forum asking if he should touch a girl visitor or not. If you see nothing wrong with that then you yourself suffer from the same strange ailment as he is.
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by TerrorSquad147: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
ITbomb:
I don't understand
You no wan do?
Bros me sef dey try understand am oo
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by tunezvic(m): 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op don't let any girl mess up your moral values but wait! Virgin at 33. With your username (reserved) show you actually reserve and probably timid. Please Op tell your mother to look for deeper Virgin for you to get married to, coz obviously the girl ain't a virgin. No let give you lap.
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
cocaineaddict:

their is absolutely nothing wrong in being a virgin at 33, the absurd phenomenon here is seeing a 33 year old adult come to an open forum asking if he should touch a girl visitor or not. If you see nothing wrong with that then you yourself suffer from the same strange ailment as he is.

First of all, it's there, and not their.

Secondly, I really don't see anything wrong with someone seeking people's opinion on an issue bothering him. That's the essence of an anonymous forum like this. You might see his question as naive, but he doesn't, and there are other people who don't. And in my opinion, the question isn't fatuous as you are making it seem, and I don't see anything wrong with it.
And if common sense is an ailment, then I'll gladly suffer it. And I earnestly hope you contract it.
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by cocaineaddict(m): 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:

First of all, it's there, and not their.

Secondly, I really don't see anything wrong with someone seeking people's opinion on an issue bothering him. That's the essence of an anonymous forum like this. You might see his question as naive, but he doesn't, and there are other people who don't. And in my opinion, the question isn't fatuous as you are making it seem, and I don't see anything wrong with it.
And if common sense is an ailment, then I'll gladly suffer it. And I earnestly hope you contract it.
the fact that you've still refused seeing what's wrong in that dude's post means your archaic and myopic reasoning is way much worse and severe than I thought.
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by idu1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
At 33 u never Bleep woman when u want do?

Are you not curious?

Walahi u r impotent.
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Emodeee: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
tee59:
Don't mind dose pple abusing u here. Ur kind of a guy is rear to com by dis days. Ur decision to stay virgin to dis age is not so easy if not 4 d grace of God. Tell her b4 comn dat she wil not slip over or u let her be wt any of ur sis if at all u av. U pple can b 2geda in d day, av fun & all dat but at nite, let her be wit ur sis or a female friend who can undastand u. Dnt let d enjoyment of som minutes turn ur back against ur creator. U kno devil is always lookn 4 ways of stopn ur blessings. If she agrees & if not, just be wise.

sister, are you a virgin?
Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
cocaineaddict:

the fact that you've still refused seeing what's wrong in that dude's post means your archaic and myopic reasoning is way much worse and severe than I thought.

Words are precious. They are a gift of imagination. Whenever I use words, I am always careful, so that I don't misuse them. I don't throw around smart sounding adjectives, because I want to be perceived as smart. I use words, only when I need to. I can't say the same for you. Please, how is my reasoning archaic or myopic?

Archaic means old fashioned. How am I being old fashioned in my reasoning? The vital component of archaic reasoning, is holding on tenaciously to outdated ideas, and using those ideas to inform your perception and judgement. What outdated ideas am I holding on to?

Myopic means shortsighted. In the context of reasoning, it means constraining your reasoning and understanding, to the point where it's impossible to comprehend any other view aside yours. It means being narrow-minded in your perception of reality. Ironically, you are the one displaying myopic reasoning. You are sticking, so staunchly, to your own shallow perception of reality. You perceived the OP's post as naive, based on your own assessment and understanding. I told you that not everyone would reason the way you did, or arrive at the same conclusion you arrived at. I told you that the OP was just seeking people's opinion, but instead of you to consider what I said, and consider why anyone would have a different opinion besides yours, you resorted to calling me names. If anyone is myopic, it's you.

1 Like

Re: My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days by spartan50(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
grayht:
So na 13minutes the guy dey last?
I dey do 30 minutes bro...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why All Nigerian Youths Must Have This Mobile App / Watch Video: "There Are Better Men To Die For", Tonto Dikeh Continues Her Rant / Help!!my Sperm Has Turns Yellow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.