Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? (18933 Views)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ziga: 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I don't fucking care about any attack as long as I never break any rule in calling my child what ever name I cherish

You probably can handle it, but it is your child that will bear the name and you will not be able to shield him from all the attacks.

Nigerians can be hypocritical.

We love the freedom that people experience in 3rd world countries but we criticize the are extremely judgmental of the lifestyle.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=49664246][/quote]

D answer is simple... I love jesus but I don't love devil... I cherish the name jesus but don't cherish devil
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Rozaystunna:
lmao he was trying to be smart grin cheesy

Even the smartest people err every now and then. wink
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by intell: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
my name is Jesus Dan but I don't have any issues with that neither my parent. let religion not kill us.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by BigIyanga: 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:
 Jesus is not just a name.

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
No wonder Naija is a religious country peopled by godless people. How about folks naming their child Emmanuel?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by bobbybrown007: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have not for once seen anybody bearing jesus or naming his child jesus in Nigeria... The question is, is there any sin in that ?
but calling your child JESUS CHRIST that is the worst part, JESUS is ok to be called
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by mengho(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Nope, Isa is a very nice name

P.S jesus=Isa in hausa/Arabic
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Purereal(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have not for once seen anybody bearing jesus or naming his child jesus in Nigeria... The question is, is there any sin in that ?
Jesus----no sin
Jesus christ----big sin
Jesus is acceptable and can be used by anyone
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ventilation: 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
Name your child Allah grin
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by genieluv(f): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I am thinking of naming my child jesus but I am at d same time thinking of d implication within our religious society...

Dont, it will not go down well
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by HERSLEY(f): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

You mean Jesus was originally named joshua ?
Yes... He is right
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by dam4wummy(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:
 Jesus is not just a name.

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

then I wonder why his parents named him "Jesus Navas" (that's if u knw who that is)
Nigerians and over religiosity
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Dehlzy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
I don't feel its a sin I just think its something that shouldn't be done I mean the name should be respected... If someone starts it now The name will you lose its reputation N. B we pray in the name of JESUS
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I don't fucking care about any attack as long as I never break any rule in calling my child what ever name I cherish
and who tells u dat u cant name ur child Jesus. Dont be fooled or dont fear any one no body will do anything if they dont like it they can go to hell. Its a beautiful name... I will also name my child Jesus when i have one
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Bluesearoll(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
It's a gesture of RESPECT for our LORD JESUS CHRIST that we refuse to name ourselves JESUS....... Moreover, who among you can save your people from their sins?
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by JayJayGee: 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
charix:

Please don't. I'm not saying this out of fear but for the ignorance of the society we live in.
Names are only what they are; names but in our society certain things would earn you scorn for no reason but pure ignorance.
One of my hommy in pH answers Jesus... Its fun... Nothing much
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Jidibia(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
No, its not a sin. South Americans, Central Americans and spaniards bear the name Jesus. Example, Jesus Navas of man city.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Jidibia(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
careytommy7:
No, but for the mentality of our people, don't.

exactly. I remember a cousin of mine during his child's naming ceremony wanted to christen his son after himself, for example Carey jnr. Everybody and his Uncle were totally against it saying naming him Junior means he will always be a junior to others in every position he finds himself throughout his life. my cousin named him after himself anyway but the Jnr title was dropped.
so why didn't they name him senior so he will be above others? Naija pple with dia thinking sef dey tire me

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Respect that name! It is not everything you make fun of.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Johnpaul09(m): 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus Ramires, Jesus Navas, Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda etc as long as you don't add Christ, there is no problem. Igbos bear the name Chukwu as surnames.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Skmoda360(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Are you espaniola or mexican or greek?
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by FavoredGuy: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
Several discriptive nomenclatures have already been on ground for Jesus long before His birth such as Emmanuel, Jesus, Prince (of peace) and so on. People can answer those names but the name CHRIST is specifically for Him as the Divine Saviour and it was not among the names given by the prohets. No one should try using the name on or for a mere mortal. Ur reactions plz...
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by FavoredGuy: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Johnpaul09:
Jesus Ramires, Jesus Navas, Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda etc as long as you don't add Christ, there is no problem. Igbos bear the name Chukwu as surnames.
Yea, u ar on point. Seconded!
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by miqos02(m): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
in the bible, there are many people with the name jesus but the difference is that Jesus the sone of Virgin Mary is " JESUS CHRIST" christ means SAVIOUR. The saviour who died for the World
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
Is it gonna be FUN for you to see your son die brutally at age 33?
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by oxmale: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Rozaystunna:
Chai but Emmanuel is right, see how dumb you sound smiley
Actually you are the one that's dumb.
Yours is just incomparable.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ganasteven: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:
Jesus is just a name. But Christ is just one person. Christ is the son of the Living God
Ur head is "complete" smiley
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ehinorlive: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
pls don't even try to name ur child Jesus becuase the name alone is been called everyday by so many people and what if ur son grows to always hear his name almost everyday and everywhere. imagine the trauma wen u as a father called Jesus, he or she will answer whether the call was really for he or not. I will advise u to name him Joshua becomes if ur child grows to become a christian he also shout his own name every morning and Sundays.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Some people sef..... Wake up one morning and you decide to name your son Jesus. Don't know what you are feeling like. Whether na devil dey do you we don't know.
#extravagance In Thinking.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
solite3:
Respect that name! It is not everything you make fun of.
I tire o... Of all names. You choose Jesus.
Na so you hype your son reach.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
Let things that are sacred be sacred.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by mokybb: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
The arabic name of Jesus is Isa. There are uncountable people bearing the name Isa in nothern Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians / How Sexual Immoralities Actually Kills People By Sunday Akanni Moshood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.